Chapter 31

Can I Be The Replacement?

Kai has a lot of things planned for his and Kyungsoo's first Valentine's Day together. He was never the romantic kind of guy to even bother celebrating days like these. Even during his high school days he never celebrated it no matter who he dated. It explains why he was dumbed by his past flings. But this time when he is with Kyungsoo, Kai has never felt this urge or need to celebrate this day together with the older. Kyungsoo is already in his fourth month and he is as cranky and moody as ever. Kai thought that just one romantic gesture that shows the older how much he loves him wouldn't hurt. And Kai is very needy right now. Kyungsoo haven't been giving him any since the time he got pregnant and it is killing him.

 

Kai is at wits' end end because he has no idea how to impress the older and lure him into bed. But from the stories that he heard from Kris and Joonmyeon, Kyungsoo likes it when he goes on dates at the park. He loves it more if he was given white roses and baby breaths. Kai doesn't want to get that for Kyungsoo because it is something that represents Kyungsoo and Jongin's love. Since both Kris and Joonmyeon are not of a great help, he resorted to two options; Google and Park Chanyeol.

 

-

 

“So you invited me out on this cold February morning just to find out what you should do for Valentine's?!” Chanyeol asked in exasperation.

 

“Come on, Yeol! I really need your help right now. Anyway, I have never celebrated Valentine's before and I wanted to make this with Kyungsoo special,” Kai mumbled the last part.

 

“Oh God! I would have been home watching over my 8 months old pregnant fiancé who could burst anytime now,” Chanyeol complained.

 

“Its not like he is alone. He has Kyungsoo,” Kai replied in annoyance.

 

“He is with Kyungsoo who is another pregnant man who I cannot guarantee you that he is able to do it because they still have kids to look out for, mind you,” Chanyeol said with a snap of his fingers.

 

“Fine fine! Why don't we get this done and over with so you can go back to your Byun Baekhyun!” Kai said as he raised his arms to get his point across.

 

-

 

Kyungsoo arrived at both Baekhyun and Chanyeol's apartment earlier than expected. Kai offered to drive him to his best friend's apartment but he declined the offer and opted for taking the public bus there. Kyungsoo reasoned that Sehun should get himself used to the public transport because once he starts going to High School, he would be taking that a lot. Kai hated the idea of having Kyungsoo taking the public transport because his Kyungsoo will always be the prey for the beasts on board of the bus. Kyungsoo, however, thinks that it is okay because he is too used to the hungry stares. Anyway, who would want to get a taste of a fat pregnant man with a two and a half year old kid in tow.

 

Kyungsoo rang the doorbell as he waited for the familiar footsteps with Luhan running beside Baekhyun begging his mother to open up quickly. But Kyungsoo heard Baekhyun's strained voice telling Luhan to open the door instead. Luhan did like he was told to – with much difficulty, I may add. His face brightened up when he sees Sehun on the other side of the door and jumped in joy. Luhan passed the keys to Kyungsoo and he opened the gate to let themselves in.

 

Once they entered, Luhan and Sehun skipped all the way to Luhan's playroom while Kyungsoo sat down beside Baekhyun who keeps on grimacing in pain. Baekhyun could only smile in response despite the pain that he is experiencing. “Hey, you sure you're alright?” Kyungsoo asked as he helped Baekhyun place the pillow on the latter's lower back.

 

“Nothing. Its just the baby just can't stop moving,” Baekhyun replied as he winced in pain.

 

“And why is that? Is it because Luhan have been talking to his baby brother a lot lately?” Kyungsoo asked as he placed his hand on Baekhyun's bloated tummy to feel the baby moving.

 

“I don't know. Its just he moves a lot for the past four days,” Baekhyun replied as he tried to find a more comfortable position.

 

“For the past four days?” Kyungsoo asked as he quirk his eyebrow. “From what I know, those are most probably signs that your baby is coming out soon,” Kyungsoo continued.

 

“I don't know. His head is down here,” Baekhyun said as he guided Kyungsoo's hand to the bottom of his belly. “Near my pelvis area. Is he coming?” Baekhyun asked looking terrified because he really wants Chanyeol to be next to him when his water bag bursts.

 

“Well, I've got to tell you those are signs that he is coming soon,” Kyungsoo said. “Do you need me to text Chanyeol?” Kyungsoo asked.

 

“No. I just. Just let him enjoy his time with Kai. We'll call him when the time is right,” Baekhyun said as he continued wincing in pain.

 

Both pregnant males watched the movie that was on the television set in silence. Kyungsoo took worried glances towards Baekhyun. Baekhyun continued wincing in pain throughout the movie. Kyungsoo is very very worried looking at the condition that his friend is in. He knows very well that the younger is in so much pain its just that he doesn't want to admit it. He would catch Baekhyun caressing his bump telling the baby to calm down as his appa is coming home soon. Kyungsoo doubts that both Kai and Chanyeol would arrive home any time.

 

“Kyungsoo. Can you help me up?” Baekhyun's voice broke his train of thoughts.

 

Kyungsoo thanked the heavens for being only four months pregnant because moving around and helping Baekhyun is not difficult. After Baekhyun got up from where he was seated, his face scrunched up in pain and disgust, ”Baek, are you okay?” Kyungsoo asked.

 

“Soo. I think my water just break,” Baekhyun said as he tried to suppress the pain.

 

“Okay. You just stay calm and I take your bag and get Sehun and Luhan ready. I will call a cab.” Kyungsoo said as he made a beeline for Baekhyun's bag and also the two boys.

 

They were lucky because the cab arrive within ten minutes after Kyungsoo made the call. He also sent Kai a text to inform Chanyeol about his baby that is on the way. Sehun and Luhan were surprisingly cooperative because both of their faces lit up at the mention of Luhan's baby brother is coming for them to play with. A new companion for the duo and another new one when Sehun's dongsaeng is born.

 

-

 

“Umm, Yeol. I really need you to stay calm and not kill me right now because Kyungsoo just texted me,” Kai said.

 

“And?” Chanyeol asked as worry filled his face. Different negative thoughts flashed through his mind.

 

“Baekhyun's water just broke and Kyungsoo is bringing him to the hospital,” Kai replied as he waited for Chanyeol's reactoin.

 

It did not take long for the both of them to be in the car making their way to the hospital. Chanyeol dashed out of the cafe the moment he heard about the news. He cursed Kai the whole ride to the hospital. Things like about how he would personally stab the older boy if anything were to happen to his son and his beloved fiancé.

 

“FINE YEOL. FINE. JUST SHUT YOUR DAMN MOUTH AND HURRY UP TO THE HOSPITAL!” Kai snapped after the endless curses.

 

-

 

Both Kyungsoo and Kai sat outside the labour room as they listened on to Baekhyun's screams of pain and curses. They could also hear Chanyeol encouraging his fiance despite the screams and vulgarities hurled in his face. They found it funny how Chanyeol actually endured the whole ordeal because he sounded really calm from all the screaming. Kyungsoo had his head on his boyfriend's shoulder because he was exhausted from all the screaming he had to endure during the ride to the hospital. Luhan and Sehun are still so absorbed in their little world on the ground next to the couple.

 

“I wonder how it would be like when we have our little one,” Kai said as he caressed Kyungsoo's four months bump. “Will you be cursing me like how Baek hyung is doing right now?” Kai asked as he chuckled to himself.

 

“I don't know, babe. We'll see what happens five months from now,” Kyungsoo replied as he snuggled closer to Kai's warmth.

 

Not long after their conversation ended, Chanyeol appeared from the labour room looking disheveled but the couple did not miss the stupid grin that he is wearing.

 

“It is a healthy baby boy,” Chanyeol said with the same stupid grin placed on his face.

 

“And his name is?” The couple asked in sync.

 

“Park Yixing. His name is Park Yixing,” Chanyeol replied. “Baekhyun said that he wants our son to be named Park Yixing before he passed out from exhaustion.” Chanyeol explained.

 

Luhan looked up from where he was on the ground and smiled when he heard the name of his baby brother. “You guys can see Yixing now,” Chanyeol said as he went to Luhan and carried him in his arms.

 

 

 

A/N: and yes Baekyeol's baby is Yixing! so, next chapter will be Kaisoo's first Valentines' Date. :)

 

xoxo