Chapter 26

Can I Be The Replacement?

It was one of those days where Joonmyeon is required to go for his weekly appointment. For the past month, Kris have been accompanying him to visit the doctor's for all of his appointments. But this time, he was all alone in the waiting room. Kris said something about he needed to do a few more job interviews – because sooner or later, both Kyungsoo and Baekhyun won't be able to help them – and he promised him that he would finish at about noon. Joonmyeon's appointment is scheduled at one in the afternoon and it takes about half an hour by car from the café. Joonmyeon's hands are starting to get clammy from all his nerves.

 

12:55, just five more minutes before it is his turn to enter the room. Joonmyeon was still holding on to Kris' promise that he would accompany him for this appointment.

 

12:56, the doctor said that this is one of the most crucial appointments because this is when they found out whether his body is strong enough to carry a baby.

 

12:57, the nurse that was holding Joonmyeon's file stood up and entered the doctor's room. She got out of the room and gestured to Joonmyeon that his turn is in 3 minutes and the doctor is ready to see him and his spouse.

 

12:58, Kris should be standing at the door right now, covered in sweat as he panted for air. Joonmyeon would be running to his lover and jumped into his open arms. Joonmyeon would be sobbing in his shirt because Kris kept his promise that he would be there for him on his last appointment.

 

-

 

Kris heaved a sigh of relief when he is done with the last interviewee. The three of them, Joonmyeon, Kyungsoo and himself, have decided that they need more men working for their café. They reasoned that Baekhyun would be pregnant soon and he would not be able to work for long hours. Kyungsoo might be knocked up soon and he would start swelling – well, that's what Kris thinks. Finally, Joonmyeon might be pregnant soon once they confirmed that he is able to carry a baby. This appointment that he has to attend together with Joonmyeon is when they could find out if they are able to conceive. Kris was left with an hour to travel to the hospital which is just enough.

 

He got into his car and started his engines and he was on his way. Everything went smoothly and he was about a kilometre or two away from his destination but unfortunately, he was stuck in a traffic jam. Kris glanced at the clock and noted that he still has about half an hour to arrive. That would be fine. Kris thought happily. But the traffic thinks otherwise. Fifteen minutes has passed and he is still at the same spot as he was fifteen minutes ago. Anger started building up inside of him as he was really in a rush. Kris reached into his jeans pocket and took out his phone which is already dead by now.

 

Once the traffic subside, Kris was left with five minutes to drive to the hospital. Kris knew that this isn't the right time to play by the rules,”Ugh. the traffic police and the law.” Kris mumbled as he stepped on the gas pedal.

 

-

 

12:59. The nurse that was already inside the doctor's room popped her head out to inform Joonmyeon that it was his turn once again. “Just give a minute,” Joonmyeon managed to croaked out.

 

13:00. 'Come on, Fan! You promised me that you would come down today!' Joonmyeon grumbled to himself as he was on the verge of tears.

 

13:00. Kris was already at the parking lot and he dashed through the hospital doors. He mumbled the room number that his boyfriend was assigned to. Kris' eyes lit up when he saw Joonmyeon strolling into Dr Lee's office.

 

JOONIE!” Kris shouted the latter's name as he turned around. Kris came running to the smaller with his arms open wide. Joonmyeon hugged Kris tightly as tears rolled down his cheeks. Joonmyeon was happy that Kris kept his promise.

 

-

 

Kris walked out of the hospital with a smile on his face. He looked down on his lover who seems to be in a daze after hearing the news that they received from the doctor. All that Kris has to do right now is to get them married and hit the right spot when they are making love. Kris opened the passenger seat door for Joonmyeon. Joonmyeon thanked his lover and got into the car, the smile not leaving his face. Kris got into the car and drove off to their next destination. Joonmyeon looked up from his phone when he realised that they are not heading home.

 

Kris? Where are we going?” Joonmyeon asked as he stuck his face to the car seat window.

 

Somewhere. I'll tell you later, baby. Get some sleep because its going to be a long day ahead,” Kris replied as he continued looking on the road.

 

Not long after, Kris stopped at a jewellery store and collected the rings that he ordered a week earlier. Kris was glad when he noticed that Joonmyeon was asleep when they arrived at the jewellery store. He collected the rings and the owner of the humble store congratulated him on whatever he was planning. Kris replied it with a smile and a simple wish us infinity. He walked back to the car and noticed that Joonmyeon was still fast asleep with his coat covering his petite body. Kris smiled at Joonmyeon's angelic features as his eyes trailed down to his empty left ring finger and his flat tummy.

 

The drive to the church which was located by the beach didn't take long seeing that it was a weekday and no one would be visiting the area. Kris looked down on his wrist watch and noted that they still have about ten minutes before they will be solemnized. Kris shook Joonmyeon's body awake as the other rubbed his eyes. Kris smiled down at his lover as Joonmyeon stretched out his arms to be carried. “Not now, baby.” Kris said as he took Joonmyeon's hand into his.

 

They walked down the path to the church. Joonmyeon was in awe at how the surroundings were so peaceful. He liked peaceful things. The beach or the countryside was one of the places where Joonmyeon would go when he was too stressed out from the city life. The tranquillity is something that keeps him happy. It has always been Joonmyeon's dream to raise his children somewhere that is away from the bustling city life. He especially wants to be married in these kind of places.

 

The doors of the church open as they walked down the aisle together. The old lady on the organ started playing a wedding march. Joonmyeon was still in shock to even process what is going on around him. Kris took hold of his hand and placed it on his forearm. Joonmyeon just followed the older and allowed himself to be pulled around. They reached the altar where the priest was standing smiling at them. The priest gestured to Kris to say what he has in mind.

 

Surprise?” Kris said awkwardly. “Baby, I know you didn't expect this. I know all you thought about when we walked down the pathway was that we are here just for worshipping purposes. But no, we are here to tie the knot. I had this planned a month ago. I had this in mind when we found out that we could do something so that we can have a kid on our own. I mean it when I said that I wanted to be legally married with you before I got you pregnant you know.” Kris contineud as he watched Joonmyeon trying to control his tears.

 

Joonie, I love you so much that words can never explain my feelings for you. I really want to spend my forever with you. I want to build a family together with you. Well, I may not want to live in the countryside but I promise you that we will definitely have one of our mini getaways here or something. I think it is too late to propose to you even though I know the answer to my question. But Kim Joonmyeon would you be my lawfully wedded husband?” Kris asked.

 

I-i do,” Joonmyeon said in between sobs.

 

The priest take it as cue for him to say out the verses and vows. It wasn't long before both Kris and Joonmyeon exchanged wedding rings and kisses and they walked down the same pathway back to their car as the church bells rang.

 

 

A/N: this will be the last of the side pairings and kaisoo up next! yay for Joonmyeon to be able to conceive and yay for their hush hush wedding and yay for a hopeless romantic Kris! HAHAHA.

 

KAISOO UP NEXT. ARE YOU GUYS EXCITED YET?!

 

xoxo.