Chapter 13

Can I Be The Replacement?

Kyungsoo was quiet throughout the car ride to the cemetery. He did not inform the younger his purpose of going to the graveyard but he was sure that Kai could get the rough idea of where and who they are visiting. Kyungsoo would bend down and smell the flowers every single once in awhile. A smile would grace his lips when he remembers all the memories that the white roses and baby breath's give. One memory that he was always fond of was their wedding. Kyungsoo was never a fan of those flowers but Jongin begged him to at least place them in the wedding hall because it always reminded him of their love. Kyungsoo agreed anyway. Over time, the bouquet of flower became his favourite bunch and Kyungsoo especially likes bringing them when he visits Jongin.

 

They arrived at the cemetery and Kai got out of the car as he waited for Kyungsoo to do the same. Kai looked into the window and realised that Kyungsoo was sitting in the car and gazing at the flowers. There was something about Kyungsoo's gaze that Kai never seen before. It was an expression that Kyungsoo never showed him. Kai bet that Sehun have seen this a lot of times. Kyungsoo's eyes were filled with love.

 

“Kyungsoo hyung?” Kai said hesitantly.

 

Kyungsoo's head snapped towards Kai as his eyes widened in surprise. Kyungsoo looked at his surroundings and he realised that they have arrived at the cemetery. Kyungsoo wiped the tears that formed in his eyes as he walked up the familiar path leading to Jongin's grave. Kai just strolled behind Kyungsoo as he watched the smaller man walked to the grave.

 

Kai stopped midway because he thought that he should give Kyungsoo space to have time with his husband,”Umm, I think I should leave you alone for awhile. Just tell me when you're done,” Kai said as he gave Kyungsoo an awkward smile.

 

Kyungsoo nodded in response as he walked the path towards the grave. Kyungsoo placed the flowers on the ground and removed all the dried leaves that are blocking the way. Kyungsoo smiled as he read the name,”Hey, Jongin,” Kyungsoo began. “How are you? I am fine, Jongin-ah. I am back here again, Jongin. I didn't come alone though. I came with Kai. Remember him? I talked about him a lot. He's there standing at the side giving me some space while I talk to you,” Kyungsoo said as he gestured with a slight turn of his body and he let out a chuckle.

 

“I came today because I wanted to tell you that Sehun finally had his first dancing lesson. I didn't get to ask how was it because he was exhausted when he arrived at the cafe. Kai walked him there. Sehun was ecstatic about it actually and he really hopes that he could show you what he learned soon. Kai has been nothing but nice to our baby. He reminds me a lot about you. Sehun calls him appa too. Kai really wants to replace you as Sehun's father. Well, I should ask for your blessings because Sehun was a product of our love right? I don't want to say about how I feel about Kai because every little thing that he do always reminds me of you. I get frightened sometimes because I swore that I won't love anyone other than you. But what should I do? They say love strikes when you least notice it. Kai came and I think I am in love with him. I am in love with him, Jongin-ah. But I am still so afraid of being in love again. Because a part of me still loves you.” Kyungsoo finished as he wiped a tear that was sliding down his cheeks.

 

“Its getting late, Jongin-ah. I should go. I love you now and forever,” Kyungsoo said as he stood up. Kyungsoo e more time and looked at the grave that he was accustomed to. “Maybe you should meet Kai,” Kyungsoo said as he walked towards the younger.

 

Kyungsoo walked to Kai and tapped the other on his shoulder,”Umm, you can pay your respects to Jongin if you want to,” Kyungsoo said softly.

 

“Can I?” Kai asked as his eyes widened in surprise which Kyungsoo shyly nodded and led Kai to the familiar path.

 

“Jongin-ah, this is Kai. I told you about him,” Kyungsoo said as he held Kai's hand.

 

“Umm, hi. My name is Kai,” Kai said awkwardly.

 

Kai kept quiet for awhile because he didn't want his thoughts to be heard by Kyungsoo and he wanted Jongin to hear his thoughts,”Hi, Jongin hyung. I have never done this before but Kyungsoo asked me to. I think Kyungsoo talks about me before. How often he does it and what he said about me I will never know any of that. But Jongin hyung, I just want to say how much of a wonderful husband you are towards Kyungsoo during your lifetime because he never stops talking about you. I could feel that he loves you so much. I felt envious of you sometimes because I always wished that it should be me. I have to admit that I have fallen in love with him at first sight. And yes, I do have intentions of making him mine physically, emotionally and mentally but I can never get through his heart because he loves you only. I know I can never force my feelings on him. But maybe I should ask your blessings to make Kyungsoo mine. Can I be the replacement? I know you can't answer this question but hyung, you really deserve all my respect because you manage to get through Kyungsoo's heart. Rest well, hyung. And I know Kyungsoo will always love you.” Kai finished off and he saw Kyungsoo looking at him with glassy eyes.

 

-

 

After the visit to Jongin's grave, Kai felt relief surging through his body. He did not know why he felt that way but he feels like it was a sign from Jongin that he could be the replacement. And Kai knows that he has to prove to the older that he can definitely be like Jongin. Not exactly the same but he hopes that he could at least make Kyungsoo happy again.

 

“What did you ask from Jongin?” Kyungsoo's voice broke the tension in the car.

 

“N-nothing,” Kai stuttered when he looked straight on the road.

 

“It wasn't nothing. I am sure of it,” Kyungsoo replied.

 

“I just told him how I respected him because he actually still manage to make you be so in love with him even though he is not here with you anymore.” Kai replied simply.

 

“Is that all?” Kyungsoo asked.

 

“Nope. I said and asked more stuff from Jongin hyung.” Kai replied simply as he made a turn.

 

“Like what?” Kyungsoo asked.

 

“I don't think I should be telling you about it,” Kai replied as he looked into Kyungsoo's eyes.

 

“O-okay,” Kyungsoo stuttered because of Kai's intense gaze.

 

What did he ask you, Jongin?

 

-

 

Once they reached the cafe, Sehun ran into Kyungsoo's arms as he started sobbing uncontrollably. Kyungsoo looked over to Kris and Joonmyeon as to ask them what was wrong with his son but they laughed instead. “Thehun thought umma gone,” Sehun said when he finally calmed down.

 

Kyungsoo chuckled as he kissed Sehun's forehead,”I didn't go anywhere, honey. I just went to visit appa with Uncle Kai,” Kyungsoo explained.

 

“Appa? With Kai appa?” Sehun asked to which Kyungsoo replied with a nod.

 

Sehun was back to playing with Luhan when he saw the other walking in with Aunty Baekhyun. Kyungsoo put on the apron and got behind the counter. Kai sat directly opposite Kyungsoo as the two started talking. Kyungsoo got more comfortable with Kai over time which he did not know why. Did Jongin just accepted their relationship?

 

“Do you want to know more about Sehun's father?” Kyungsoo asked timidly.

 

“That is if you don't mind,” Kai replied after knowing that is a sensitive issue.

 

“I don't,” Kyungsoo replied.

 

“If you don't, can I take you out just the both of us and you can tell me more about Jongin-shi? Its kind of like a date,” Kai asked as he kept his fingers crossed hoping that Kyungsoo would say yes.

 

“Su-sure. How about this weekend?” Kyungsoo said with a blush painting his cheeks.

 

“Sounds like a plan,” Kai said as he smile grace his lips.

 

 

 

A/N: i swear after writing this much,  i still ship Jongin and Kyungsoo more than Kai and Kyungsoo when its the same person. wtf. is wrong with me?! and thank you for so much love here. really appreciate it lots. chapter 13 and we are not even at the yet. and i will be going back to my weekends update since school already started for me.

 

ps. kaisoo date on the next update

and #HappyKaisooDay guys! 

xoxo.