Chapter 11

Can I Be The Replacement?

Sehun's first day of dance lessons at the dance School is the day after tomorrow and Kyungsoo is very nervous to let his son go. He knows that he shouldn't be so worried about how Sehun would cope with the dance lessons and about how he makes friends in school because Sehun talks a lot; he talks to literally everybody. Kyungsoo is pacing back and forth in the apartment getting the necessary clothes and items for his first lesson. Sehun was just sitting in front of the television watching one of Jongin's dance performances and tried his best to imitate everything that his late father did.

 

“KIM KYUNGSOO!” Kyungsoo jumped when Joonmyeon screamed out his name.

 

Kyungsoo came running out of Sehun's room and replied with a timid yes. Joonmyeon gestured with his fingers and patted the seat next to him on the couch. Kyungsoo sat down carefully because he knows that Joonmyeon would be screaming at him for something. “What's wrong with you today, Kyungsoo?” Joonmyeon asked.

 

“I don't know, hyung. I am just scared for Sehun's first dance lesson,” Kyungsoo replied softly as he played with his fingers.

 

“Aww. Don't worry, Soo. I bet your son will do well there. Just look at him! He is an independent two-year old who knows how to do everything on his own. He even talks to the customers in the cafe. Trust me, Soo. He'll do well,” Joonmyeon replied with a pat on Kyungsoo's back.

 

“But hyung ~ ” Kyungsoo whined. “This is his first time being away from me. And I am just afraid that he misses me,” Kyungsoo reasoned.

 

“There's no reason for your son to miss you. I think you're the one who will be missing him. He's just across the street and you can trust Kai to walk him to the cafe when classes are over,” Joonmyeon replied. “Now, don't worry anymore about him okay?” Joonmyeon said as he gave Kyungsoo an one arm hug.

 

“Joonmyeon, are you ready?” Kris voice came in as he straightened up his shirt. Joonmyeon looked up at his lover and nodded in response as he got up from his position on the couch and hooked his hand on Kris' arm.

 

“Me and Kris will be late tonight. Don't wait up,” Joonmyeon said as he gave Sehun a kiss on the forehead and walked to the door.

 

“Have fun on your date! And don't be too loud when you get home!” Kyungsoo called out after his two hyungs.

 

The door to their apartment closed and Kyungsoo continued watching Sehun getting up on his two little feet and make small attempt to follow the choreography that Jongin was doing in the video. Sehun would fall on his bum a few times and get up on his own to try again. But this time when he falls, he started wailing and ran to his mother's arms. “What's wrong, Sehun-ah?” Kyungsoo asked as he rubbed his son's back.

 

“Thehunnie no follow appa,” Sehun said in Kyungsoo's chest.

 

“My baby can't follow his appa?” Kyungsoo asked which he received more whimpers and a nod from his son.

 

“Don't worry honey. Uncle Kai will help you and one day you can dance like appa,” Kyungsoo said as he kissed the crown of his son's head and carried the boy to bed.

 

Jongin-ah, Sehun really wants to take after you. He's diligently learning the dance routine that you did back when you were younger. But our baby is not that good to be like you. But he promise to do well so he can dance for you. Jongin-ah, Sehunnie is growing up really well and day by day I am seeing you in him.

 

-

 

Kris and Joonmyeon made their way to their reservation at one of the Italian Restaurants. They had their finger intertwined together and Joonmyeon would look up at Kris and smile at the latter. Sometimes, it got Joonmyeon thinking about how can he not notice someone so damn handsome having those feelings for him. He was so focused on his feelings for Kyungsoo that he never noticed Kris at the side. Kris have always been there for him. He is always there whenever Joonmyeon is upset when Kyungsoo shares his happy moments with Jongin. He is always there. There isn't a moment where Kris ever thought that he should leave Joonmyeon side for another man. A lot of men and women came walking into Kris' life but he rejected them nicely by saying that he already has someone in mind.

 

It was when Jongin dies that Joonmyeon was determined to take over Jongin's place. It was selfish on his part because he just wants to force his feelings for Kyungsoo on him. But Kris makes him realise that it was wrong and selfish because Kyungsoo swore that he would not love anyone else other than Jongin. The night when Kris talked to Joonmyeon on his actions and also the his feelings for the smaller made Joonmyeon realise that maybe he could just try to fall in love with Kris. Joonmyeon never intended to hurt Kris in any way because he knew how it feels like to be broken into pieces when the person you love is in someone else's embrace. But scratch all the trying to fall in love with Kris because he really did fell in love with Kris and he was thankful that he did because Kris made his life different. Joonmyeon learned to be loved and to be in love and it was one of the best feelings in the world.

 

Kris looked down at his grinning lover and gave a questioining look,”Joonie, you're being awfully weird today. Why were you smiling to yourself?” Kris asked.

 

“I did?” Joonmyeon asked as his smile didn't falter.”I guess I am just extremely happy that we are in a relationship,” Joonmyeon said as he continued smiling and tightened his hold around Kris' big and warm hands.

 

“There you go again,” Kris said with a huff as he dragged them to the entrance of the restaurant.

 

Dinner wasn't quiet as usual because Joonmyeon always have comments about the food that he ate at the restaurant and he would insert comments about the interior designs how it wow or irks him. One thing that Kris is pleased about is that the taste is something that Joonmyeon is looking for in Italian food (even though he never ate Italian food in his whole life) and also the interior design is something that attracts his attention the most. The moment they entered the restaurant, Joonmyeon kept going on and on how the chandelier actually comment the cool colour that the wallpaper holds. Kris just smiled his whole way through the conversation as he watched Joonmyeon looking at everything in awe.

 

Once it was over, they walked to the nearest ice cream parlour with hands intertwined together, out of habit. Once they reached the ice cream parlour, Joonmeyon picked one of the window seats and started fiddling with his fingers as he waited for his boyfriend to come with their ice creams. Soon, Kris came with a cup of ice cream, which mainly consisted of strawberry ice cream with crushed nuts and white chocolate chips and strawberries and bananas to top it off. Joonmyeon gladly took the spoon and fed himself a spoonful of ice cream and he grinned in happiness.

 

“Aren't you eating?” Joonmyeon asked.

 

“I am,” Kris said with a sly smirk. “But I want you to feed me,” he continued as Joonmyeon's eyes widened in shock because Kris knows that the younger is not one who is interested in showing skinship in public; except for holding hands.

 

“N-no...” Joonmyeon stuttered.

 

“Aww, come on babe. You can do it. Anyway, there's no one here except for us,” Kris said as he stretched out his hands to placed over Joonmyeon's cold ones.

 

“We're not the only ones,” Joonmyeon replied as his eyes were fixated on the couple behind Kris. “Look behind you!” Joonmyeon pointed as he saw Kai with another older woman.

 

Kris facepalmed himself because he was convinced that the reason why Joonmyeon was stuttering then was because of him. But no, it wasn't. It was more to because he saw Kai walking into the shop with an older woman. Right now, the couple are sitting opposite Kai and this woman who claims to be Kai's older sister. Joonmyeon was too busy shooting daggers at Kai that he didn't notice Kai was done introducing his noona to them.

 

“Are you sure both of you are not dating?” Joonmyeon asked.

 

“Yes! We are not dating. Anyway noona is married and she is expecting their first child,” Kai replied happily as she showed them a picture of her husband.

 

“What are you doing here anyway?” Joonmyeon continued asking.

 

“I was accompanying noona to her baby shopping and she said she wants to eat ice cream. So here we are,” Kai replied with a smile.

 

“Joonmyeon, I think we should get going because Kyungsoo is going to be worried,” Kris said as he tugged on Joonmyeon's arms.

 

“Kyungsoo?” Kai questioned.

 

“Yes, Kyungsoo!” Joonmyeon snapped. “Look here, Kai, Kim Kai, Kai Kim or whatever your name is. I don't know who you are or what you want. But if you really like Kyungsoo please show it to him sincerely and confess properly and stop doing those half assed things that you're doing now because its pissing me off. And one more thing, if you hurt Kyungsoo, I won't hesitate to stab you,” Joonmyeon threatened as he stormed out of the shop with Kris muttering apologies to the siblings.

 

 

A/N: okay, i think both suho and kai meeting ended abruptly but it should be okay right? yes, i am back with another chapter. yes, i am going to be dead this monday because i didn't actually do my report because i have no idea how to. 

ps. yes, i will make Baekhyun pregnant.

psps. and nope i am not going to turn him whiny because baekhyun is an independent man here. and i just gave away a part of the plot.

anyway, hope you guys liked this.

xoxo.