Chapter 16

Can I Be The Replacement?

Since the time Baekhyun got pregnant, Chanyeol thought that it is more appropriate to move in with the older because he has to be responsible for the baby that is growing inside of Baekhyun. Even though his friends thought that they are actually living together. They are not living together for a matter of fact. Chanyeol just goes over to Baekhyun's every once in awhile to play with Luhan or for some healing session with the other (that somewhat explains Baekhyun's pregnancy). Baekhyun was adamant in helping Chanyeol to carry some of the boxes that he brought but Chanyeol didn't want to take risk of hurting his 8 weeks old bean.

 

Chanyeol sat down on the living room couch of Baekhyun's apartment after moving most of his belongings. Luhan was in the kitchen bugging his mother about something that he wants to eat. Chanyeol could only sigh in content because if this is how it feels like to build a family with someone you love, he is sure that he is happy. Chanyeol watched his pregnant lover moved around the kitchen preparing their dinner with Luhan at his heels mumbling a few things in Korean and asking his mother once awhile about Baekhyun's pregnancy.

 

“Umma? Was I from here?” Luhan asked as he patted Baekhyun's stomach.

 

“Yes, honey.” Baekhyun smiled down at his son. “Honey, why don't you sit down with Uncle Chanyeol while I prepare our dinner neh?” Baekhyun said nicely even though he was burning inside because he is annoyed that Luhan is clinging on to him with all his curious questions.

 

“No, Luhannie want to stay with umma,” Luhan said as he followed Baekhyun around the kitchen.

 

“Umma? You're making my dinner wrong,” Luhan pointed out at the dark leafy vegetables and beans and lots other vegetables (well, its salad actually) that Baekhyun placed on his bowl.

 

“No, honey. Its good for our health. Its good for dongsaengie too.” Baekhyun said as he patted his stomach.

 

Luhan scrunched up his button nose because he doesn't like leafy vegetables,”I don't like them umma. I want chicken and bubble tea,” Luhan said as he stomped his feet.

 

Baekhyun sighed as he placed the last bowl on the table,”Honey, I'm a little tired so I can't prepare your fried chicken and get your bubble tea. So, we'll make do with these okay?”

 

“I don't wanna!” Luhan shrieked.

 

“No Luhan! You have to eat these! And I am not going to give in to your nonsensical whims,” Baekhyun raised his voice slightly.

 

“I hate you, umma! You only care about dongsaengie and not Luhannie!” Luhan wailed as he locked himself up in his room.

 

Chanyeol got up from his position on the couch to see Luhan running into his room wailing his eyes out. He sees Baekhyun standing at the doorway of the kitchen looking hurt because of what Luhan said to him. Chanyeol was lost. He did not know who he should comfort first. Was it his pregnant lover? Or his son, Luhan (yes, Chanyeol started calling Luhan his son and Luhan is learning how to call Chanyeol his appa)? Chanyeol chose the former because he needs to know Baekhyun's side of the story before comforting and explaining to Luhan.

 

Chanyeol walked over to his lover and gathered him in his arms shushing the latter in the process. Baekhyun continued sobbing uncontrollably in Chanyeol's arms as Chanyeol sat them down on the living room couch. He rubs comforting circles around his back. Chanyeol counted on his own and realised that they are about two months too early or was mood swings supposed to start now. Chanyeol shrugged his shoulder as he knows that he is going to experience a lot of them in the months to come. Baekhyun stopped crying as he played with the strings of Chanyeol's hood.

 

“Are you okay?” Chanyeol asked softly.

 

“Yeah,” Baekhyun replied as he buried his face against Chanyeol's chest.

 

“Would you like to talk about what happened just now?” Chanyeol asked.

 

“Lulu got angry at me,” Baekhyun said simply.

 

“Yes, I can see that baby. But why?” Chanyeol prompted.

 

“He wanted me to make him something different for dinner but I made something that is good for me and the baby. I guess he got jealous thinking that I love the baby more than I love him,” Baekhyun replied. “I don't think I can handle another baby. I just made my beloved son cry how am I supposed to handle our first?” Baekhyun asked quietly.

 

“You can do it, baby. Its not like you never got pregnant before. And you did well all these while before I come around,” Chanyeol said. “Do you want to see Luhan now?” Chanyeol asked as they walked to Luhan's closed door.

 

The coupled opened the door to the room and sees that Luhan threw most of his toys which are Baekhyun's gift for him on the floor. Baekhyun's heart ache at the view that greeted him. This was the first time that Luhan threw a tantrum just because he couldn't get what you want. Chanyeol pushed the elder into the room as he closed the door leaving a small space for him to peek in. He did that so that the mother and son would have a little more personal time together.

 

“Lulu?” Baekhyun said softly as Luhan scooted further away from the source of the voice.

 

“Baby, look. Umma is sorry okay? I didn't mean to scream at you. I am pregnant with your dongsaengie. And I am always tired from all the stress. Can you forgive me?” Baekhyun asked as he sat on the bed.

 

“NO.” Luhan replied simply.

 

“Why?” Baekhyun asked as his heart broke into pieces after knowing that his son won't forgive him.

 

“Because umma love baby more than lulu,” Luhan said.

 

Baekhyun got up from where he was seated and embraced his son from the back. Baekhyun could tell that his son is really offended by what happened. “I am so sorry, Lulu. Umma loves you so much. But I love dongsaengie too. Didn't you say you want a baby brother?” Baekhyun asked.

 

“Yes,” Luhan replied softly as he put his crayon down and turned around in his mother's embrace. Luhan is a smart boy because he knows very well that his mother is offended by what he said. But he was sad and hurt too. He wants his umma to love him as much too,”Umma. Lulu is sorry too. I love you,” Luhan said softly against Baekhyun's shirt.

 

-

 

Chanyeol sat next to Kai as he drank the water that was prepared by Baekhyun for him. Both of them watched as the kids tried doing the dance routine on their own. It wasn't that difficult but he was glad that Luhan was able to to catch up. In the short month of teaching the kids together with Kai, both of them realised that Sehun had a potential of doing well in the dancing industry. It seems like as if he was born to dance. Luhan had a hard time but he was able to catch up with his classmates because of Sehun's constant help for his favourite Luhannie hyung and also Chanyeol's one on one private lesson in their home. Their home. Chanyeol chuckled to himself at the thought of calling Baekhyun's apartment as their home. Chanyeol was glad that he met Baekhyun and knocked him up because he was sure he didn't know what happiness meant till the latter came into his life.

 

“Chanyeol! Stop smiling to yourself. Its creeping me out!” Kai said as he smacked Chanyeol on his head.

 

“What's wrong with it?” Chanyeol asked as he rubbed the sore part.

 

“Because its creepy!” Kai replied.

 

“Because I am happy, Kai-ah.” Chanyeol replied as he watched Luhan following Sehun around.

 

“Why?” Kai asked. “Oh. How's Baekhyun hyung? Is he demanding for a lot of things?” Kai asked.

 

“Nope. Not really. In fact he is all independent. He's doing a lot of things on his own and its freaking me out,” Chanyeol replied.

 

“Isn't it good? At least he is not whiny and annoying,” Kai said.

 

“No. its just I want him to lean on me more. Depend on me more. What I meant is that during his second pregnancy, he has me to lean on. Unlike when he was pregnant the first time. And since he has someone, he should take advantage of it,” Chanyeol said with a sigh.

 

“He will soon. Don't worry. Consider yourself lucky because Kyungsoo is not letting me to touch him yet. Hell, he did not even allow me to kiss him other than a peck on the cheek,” Kai said as he stood up to continue teaching.

 

I guess I am lucky that Baekhyun is not as whiny as other pregnant people. But I just want him to know that I am here for him. That baby in his stomach is my child. And I have every right to take care of it.

 

Chanyeol thought as he followed Kai to continue with the dance lessons.

 

 

 

A/N: yehet~ next chapter is up! OMO. if you're thinking that i am making Kris pregnant, think again because that is definitely not going to happen because i have better plans for krisho.

 

hope you guys like this! xoxo