Chapter 23

Can I Be The Replacement?

Baekhyun's shift ended the same time when the shop closes. It was Baekhyun's turn to close the shop for the day and open it the next morning. But Baekhyun was too afraid in doing so and he decided to call his lover to wait for him to lock up. Daehyun kept to his word and stayed in the shop throughout the day. Ordering coffee after coffee, requesting for Baekhyun to serve him specifically. Baekhyun had the same scowl on his face whenever he served Daehyun the coffee. Daehyun would just enjoy the kind of treatment that he received. He smirked every single once in awhile as he watched Baekhyun walked away. Daehyun gave suggestive remarks every single time.

 

Chanyeol was seated opposite Daehyun as he had Luhan wrapped tightly in his arms. Chanyeol glared at Daehyun the whole way. He still remembered the phone call early this afternoon. Baekhyun was afraid when the man who claims to be Luhan's father is back to take his baby away. Chanyeol clenched and unclenched his fist over and over again as he watched Daehyun smoking the cigarette. Chanyeol never hated someone this much till he found out about Daehyun.

 

Daehyun found it amusing when he realises how angry both Baekhyun was when he came back to claim him. Back in high school when he used to sleep around, Baekhyun was one of his innocent target. It was some innocent partying in a club in his neighbourhood and one thing led to another, he was in bed with Byun Baekhyun. Daehyun never felt in heaven when he had with a stranger till he met Baekhyun. The tightness was one thing that pleasured him over and over again. It was the hole that got him going. But Daehyun never intended to keep this boy for long. He fled with all of his belongings and a few Wons for the boy to take a cab home. How can a possibly go home when he just had five rounds of right?

 

Daehyun left for the States during that summer to continue his studies. He came back to South Korea when he heard news of one of his one-night stands has a child. Daehyun later found out that it was Byun Baekhyun, the beautiful boy with feminine fingers. He spent most of his days stalking Baekhyun and watched how the little boy who is most probably his son grows. It surprises him how his son has his mother's looks. After a year of stalking his Baekhyun, Daehyun thought that its the right time to meet up with the latter. But all his plans are ruined by Park Chanyeol, who happens to be the father to the baby growing inside of Baekhyun's belly.

 

-

 

“You know Park Chanyeol, you can stop glaring at me. Its not like I am going to take Baekhyun away.” Daehyun said as he flicked his cigarette.”But taking Luhan away sounds nice to me,”Daehyun said with a chuckle.

 

“Don't you dare to say that about Baekhyun and Luhan,”Chanyeol growled.

 

“Chill man. I can get someone ten times better than Baekhyun you know,”Daehyun said as he watches Baekhyun in the kitchen.

 

“But Park.. I have to admit. After not seeing him for the past years, Baekhyun is ier now. Just look at that . I would love to have a taste of it,”Daehyun said as he his lips.

 

Chanyeol had enough of Daehyun speaking in an indecent manner. Chanyeol got up and grabbed Daehyun's collar. He had one of his hand balled in a fist,”DON'T YOU ING DARE TALK ABOUT BAEKHYUN THAT WAY, DAMNNIT!”

 

Luhan dropped his colouring book and looked at Uncle Channie in complete fear. Baekhyun was there in a flash when he heard all the noises. Baekhyun wrapped Luhan in his arms with Luhan's face snuggled closely into his bulging stomach. Baekhyun used his other free hand to soothe Chanyeol off his anger. Chanyeol sat on the chair as he had his hand wrapped protectively around Baekhyun's waist and another on Luhan's lap who was sitting on his mother's lap. The couple just watched Daehyun as he lit another cigarette.

 

“What do you want, Daehyun?” Baekhyun was the first one to break the tension.

 

“I am here just to see how are you doing, Baekhyun baby,”Daehyun stated as he blew out smoke.”I am especially here to see how is my son doing,” Daehyun said with a smirk as he gazed at Luhan's petite body.

 

“He is not your son, Daehyun,” Baekhyun said as he tried to hide the fear in his voice.

 

“Is he? The last time I heard from my sources, you found out that you are pregnant a month after our first night together. And you are not the type to be sleeping around, are you?” Daehyun continued as he watched Baekhyun visibly tensed.

 

“Wh-what are you talking about?! Yes, I was pregnant after having with the man from from that club. But that was years ago. That was during the time when I found out about you,” Baekhyun said his voice turning into a whisper.

 

“Have you ever tried looking for your child's father?” Daehyun asked. ”But have you ever tried remembering who was the man you last slept with?” Daehyun said with a smirk as he leaned closer towards the couple.

 

“WHAT ARE YOU SAYING?! THAT MAN LEFT ME WITH ALL THE MONEY WHEN I WOKE UP THE NEXT MORNING. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW WHO HE IS?!” Baekhyun raised his voice for the first time that night.

 

“Don't pretend not to know, baby. Let me give you a hint, honey. You were so tight when I penetrated you that night after we went clubbing,” Daehyun said with a smirk, face inches away from Baekhyun.

 

“Go away, you bastard!” Baekhyun voice trembled when he remembered the events of that night.

 

“Well, I am here to claim what rightfully might belong to me,” Daehyun said as he got up and he ruffled Luhan's hair.

 

-

 

The drive back to their shared apartment was relatively quiet as Baekhyun tried to get over the shock that Daehyun is back and claims to be Luhan's father. Luhan was fast asleep at the back seat most probably he was exhausted from all the fight that he had to watch back in the cafe. Baekhyun was gazing outside the window as he kept on rubbing his arms. Baekhyun's shoulders shook once in awhile as he rubbed his arms faster. Chanyeol would reach a hand out to comfort his crying lover but Baekhyun would shrug his hand away. Just when things are getting better between them, someone just had to appear.

 

Once they arrived at the parking lot of their apartment building, Baekhyun was quick to get out of the car and carried Luhan close to his chest. Chanyeol locked the car and sighed looking at his lover. It feels like Baekhyun was pushing him away. Chanyeol knew that it is difficult to know that someone who you slept with suddenly came back and tried to get you back. But it hurts Chanyeol even more that Baekhyun is not turning to him for comfort but he chose to hide in the wall that he built up once again.

 

Once Baekhyun put Luhan to sleep in his room, he curled up in a ball on their shared bed. Chanyeol sat on the bed and placed a hand on Baekhyun's back. Baekhyun visibly flinched at the sudden human contact. ”Baek baby, I know this is hard to know that some man just walked into your life telling you that he is going to take your son away. But I want you to know that I am here for you. I will always be here. No matter what he do, I promise you that we will do whatever it takes to make sure that you have custody over Luhan,”

 

Baekhyun moved away from his cocoon of blanket and got up with red puffy eyes,”You don't understand, Chan. Luhan was my everything! What if Daehyun really take him away from me?! I can't lose him, Chan. I can't lose anything anymore. I can't lose you. I can't lose all of you. I love you. I love everything that we have built thus far,”Baekhyun said as he cried harder.

 

Chanyeol pulled Baekhyun into his embrace and rubbed comforting circles on his back. He leaned back on their bed and brought Baekhyun closer to his body. Chanyeol whispered sweet nothings into Baekhyun's ear in hopes that it would calm him down.

 

“I promise I won't let anyone harm our family,”Chanyeol said before they fell asleep.

 

 

A/N: oh myyy, what will happen to Lulu?

okay guys, i have a few announcements to make:

1. i will be on a hiatus for a month because my finals are  coming.

 

2. from today onwards, this fanfic is not only going to be a kaisoo centric but it will focus on all three couples, HOWEVER, i will spend more time on soo's pregnancy than the others.

 

3. if you have anything to suggest, feel free to DM me here or on twitter (@_babyysehun) and i will consider on putting your suggestions in. :)

 

enjoy and thank you! :)

 

xoxo