Chapter 10

Can I Be The Replacement?

It has been a week since the time Kai walked Kyungsoo and Sehun home. To say that Kai wasn't embarrassed by the fact that he confessed to Kyungsoo is an understatement. He was beyond embarrassed and going to the cafe feels even more difficult because he really hopes that Kyungsoo forgets all about the confession even though he meant every single word he said. Kai used the reason of preparing for the open house of the dance School that he is working at. Truth is that he is done with the choreography but he just wanted time off from thinking about Kyungsoo and his stupid confession.

 

Kai ruffled his hair in frustration because a much as he wants to see Kyungsoo, its the embarrassment that is stopping him. Kai was stopped when he felt the same hyper tap on his shoulder. Oh right! Its the time of the day again. “Kai ~ Let's go to the cafe across the street again!” Chanyeol said happily.

 

“Not going today, hyung,” Kai said as he got up again to continue dancing.

 

“But why?” Chanyeol whined as he pouted.

 

“Because I don't want to,” Kai replied with a shrug.

 

“Did something happened between you and Kyungsoo?” Chanyeol asked eagerly. “Did you already taken him? Oh My God! Kai! How could you?! Now I get why you don't want to see him!” Chanyeol said as he used his whole body to get his point across.

 

“Not that you idiot!” Kai said as he smacked Chanyeol on the head.

 

“Then what?” Chanyeol asked as he continued watching his favourite not so little brother.

 

“Unlike you hyung, my confession didn't go well.” Kai said as he sat down. “I don't think he is over his ex-husband yet and I confessed my feelings,” Kai sighed.

 

“Aww, don't worry Kai-ah. You'll never know he is still thinking of you,” Chanyeol said happily. “So I am taking this as you're not coming with me today too right? Its been a week though,” Chanyeol said.

 

-

 

The bells above the door chime at the same time that Kyungsoo have been expecting Kai to come and once again, Chanyeol came alone. Kyungsoo sighed as he counted the number of days since the time Kai confessed and admitted that he cares for both him and Sehun. Does Kai not care for them like he said before? Kyungsoo would be lying when he said that he did not feel anything for the other because he swore that he could feel his heart thumping against his ribcage when he laid his eyes on Kai the first time the latter walked in the shop. Kyungsoo would also tell himself that this is also a good idea for him because he is not supposed to be in love with anyone else other than Jongin. Why is he even thinking of Kai when he swore that he would dedicate his life to loving Jongin only?

 

Kyungsoo was brought out of his reverie when two big hands waved in front of him,”Oh Chanyeol!” Kyungsoo gasped. “What can I get you?” He asked.

 

“Umm, can I have a Caramel Frappuccino and a Jongin Combo for Kai,” Chanyeol ordered as he took out his wallet to pay.

 

Kyungsoo's breath hitched at the mention of a Jongin Combo for Kai. Does Kai likes the same thing as Jongin? Kyungsoo took the money that Chanyeol handed to him and prepared his order. After doing so and placing the orders in a paper bag and the drinks in a small tray, Kyungsoo handed it to Chanyeol.

 

“So, what happened to Kai?” Kyungsoo asked softly.

 

“Oh! He's just busy and he told me that he is sorry because he couldn't visit you here for a week now,” Chanyeol said as he stuffed his change into his jacket pocket. “Well, I got to head back now. Kai is waiting for me,” Chanyeol continued as he waved Kyungsoo goodbye.

 

Kyungsoo waved back and he sighed because he knew by now that Kai really is avoiding him. Kai really thinks that Kyungsoo rejects his feelings when the latter has yet to tell him how he felt. Kyungsoo watched as Chanyeol stumbled out of the cafe bumping into a rushing Baekhyun. The couple greeted one another with a peck on the lips. At least they are progressing. There is nothing going on between him and Kai and he is sure that the younger is indeed avoiding him.

 

“Oh. My. God. Kyungsoo! You don't know what I found down the streets just now!” Baekhyun exclaimed as he tried to catch his breath.

 

“Calm down Baek!” Kyungsoo chuckled as he patted his back.

 

“This.” Baekhyun placed the pamphlet in front of Kyungsoo.

 

Kyungsoo read the pamphlet and he smiled when he realised that this weekend will be the grand opening of a dance School specially for kids below elementary school age! His heart melt when he remembered how Jongin used to promise Sehun that he would teach him how to dance when he grows older. This is one of the rare chance that Kyungsoo could get Sehun to be as close to his father.

 

“So, are you going to sign Sehun up? Because I am sure as hell I am going to sign my Luhannie up!” Baekhyun beamed.

 

“Sure! Anyway, this is something that Jongin wants to teach Sehun if he's still with us,” Kyungsoo said with a grin.

 

-

 

“Hey, so you got Kyungsoo to agree to go to the open house of the school that Kai is working at right?” Chanyeol asked over the phone.

 

“Yes! I did! And he agreed to bring Sehun along tomorrow. He said that its Jongin's dream to teach Sehun how to dance,” Baekhyun replied happily.

 

“Why do I have such a smart person as my lover?” Chanyeol teased.

 

“Well, I am not the only smart one. You're the one who suggested that I should bring them along. Oh! And my Luhannie is joining too! You better treat him well,” Baekhyun said.

 

“Sure babe! I am tired of watching Kai moping around and whining about how horrible his love life is when Kyungsoo is right there all in love with him,” Chanyeol continued.

 

“Mmhmm. Kyungsoo is doing the same too and I am getting really pissed.” Baekhyun said as he pouted.

 

“Its getting late, Baekkie. Go to bed now because you have to be in the school early tomorrow,” Chanyeol said.

 

-

 

The weekends came in a flash. Both Baekhyun and Kyungsoo are at the front desk of the dance School. They had to register their names first before they could enter the building. Luhan was by his mother's side, holding onto his hand like his life depended on it. Luhan looked scared because this is one of the rare moment where he won't be near his mother once he entered the hall. Sehun was half-asleep on Kyungsoo's shoulder. He stayed awake the whole of the night before because he was too excited after hearing the news of going to the Dance Department of an dance School. He has an interest in Dance most probably because Jongin was interested in it. It runs in the family, I guess?

 

Both mothers took a seat at the front of the hall because they wanted the best view in the hall. The presentation started off with an introduction of the school and its purpose of educating kids below the age of seven. Its sole purpose was to help kids who have an interest for dancing to have a test of it. After the whole presentation, the dance items came up. Sehun's ears perked up at the mention of the dance items and he dropped his toy car and gave the dancers his full attention. Kyungsoo had his mouth hanging wide open when he realised that both of the main dancers are Kai and Chanyeol. Both guys also happened to be one of the main choreographers in the school and they specialised in teaching children between the age of two and four.

 

After the whole event, Sehun tugged on his mother's pants when he saw Kai walking towards them in a different shirt. “Appa!” Sehun squealed as he jumped into Kai's open arms.

 

“How are you, Sehun-ah?” Kai asked.

 

“Fine!” Sehun replied as he showed two thumbs in a gesture that he is well.

 

“Sehunnie, what did I tell you about calling Kai appa?” Kyungsoo asked as he placed his hand on Sehun's back.

 

“Its okay, Kyungsoo,” Kai replied as he placed Sehun down who was struggling to play with Luhan and Baekhyun and that leaves an awkward Kai and Kyungsoo.

 

“So, how have you been?” Kai asked as he shoved his hands in his pants pocket.

 

“Fine. I have been coping just fine for the past week. Its just that Sehun keeps on asking me about Kai appa,” Kyungsoo replied with a chuckle. “He likes you a lot because you resemble his father,” Kyungsoo continued.

 

“Ah. I see. I am sorry for not coming down for the past week because I am busy with today's preparations.” Kai said as he glanced over to the young single parent. “Are you going to enroll Sehun into the school?” Kai asked.

 

“Yes. That was Jongin's dream. He wanted to teach his son how to dance and also watch him on stage,” Kyungsoo said as he absentmindedly played with his wedding ring.

 

“Nice to hear that.” Kai simply replied as he tried to cover the disappointment in his voice. “Umm, hyung. I need to go talk to the other parents. See you around?” Kai said with the last part sounding like a question because he does not know whether he'll really see the other.

 

“Sure, Kai-ah. I'll see you more often if Sehun happens to be in your class,” Kyungsoo replied as he waved Kai goodbye and went over to Sehun.

 

-

 

Jongin, today I enrolled Sehun into one of the dance department in the new dance School. Sehun seems excited about learning how to dance. He keeps on chanting about how he wants to make you proud when he is older. He promised to dance to you the next time we come. His teacher, Kai is a nice guy, Jongin-ah. He reminds me a lot about you. What am I supposed to do if either one of us falls for the other?

 

Kyungsoo sighed before placing the flowers in front of Jongin's grave and made his way back home with guilt in his hear because he promised not to fall in love.

 

A/N: here you go, my dear. okay, i won't be posting much starting next week because its the new term and i will be at my usual weekends update. hope you like this one. xoxo

ps. should i get Baekhyun pregnant?

psps. and i foresee that this is going to be the most lengthy fanfic.