Chapter 36

Can I Be The Replacement?

Kyungsoo made his way to the kitchen to prepare breakfast for his small family. It was his favourite time of the year once again. But this Spring, he is not celebrating with Sehun alone but he is celebrating together with his future husband and also their son who is growing inside of him. Kyungsoo woke up early that morning because he remembered that its his Sehunnie's first performance after a whole year of practising. Both Kai and Sehun need to be in the dance school early for practice and also their last preparations.

 

Kyungsoo is going to take this opportunity to visit Jongin's grave. It has already been three years since Jongin left him but Kyungsoo has moved on from his first love. He was glad that Kai happened because he could never imagined himself wallowing in self-pity. He also has Kai to thank for the bundle of joy growing inside of him. Kyungsoo was awakened from his thoughts when he heard Kai making aeroplane sounds with Sehun sitting on his shoulders. Kyungsoo nearly got a heart attack when he sees Sehun in that position.

 

“Kai! Put him down now!” Kyungsoo shrieked as he tried to get his baby down.

 

“No umma! Sehunnie likes this!” Sehun exclaimed as Kai continued running around the apartment.

 

“If only I am not pregnant, I would already have put Sehun down,” Kyungsoo mumbled while preparing their breakfast making sure that he does not take his eyes off them.

 

Kyungsoo continued his preparations. He placed the pancakes on the plates and separate some in two lunch boxes that he prepared for his beloved. He really missed making breakfast and lunch boxes for Jongin. There were a lot of times when he wished that Jongin is here with him to enjoy this moment as they watched their son grow. But he is also greatful that Kai is here with him. Despite having those wishful thinkings, Kyungoo knows very well that Jongin is watching over them and giving them his blessings.

 

“Kai appa! Stop!” Sehun shouted as Kai proceeded to place him on the floor. “I need to greet appa today! We should do it together just like how we always do today. But I have more things to tell appa today!” Sehun exclaimed in excitement.

 

Sehun and Kai seated themselves in front of the corner that Kyungsoo have set aside for Jongin as they clasped their hands together, ”Appa! Today is Sehunnie's first performance. With Kai appa's help, I am able to perform. I know appa cannot watch me properly but I will dance in front of you when we visit you once again. I love you appa!” Sehun said before running to the kitchen for his well-deserved breakfast.

 

-

 

Kai drove the three of them to the café. He parked the car at the side of the road as he helped Kyungsoo out of the car. Kyungsoo mumbled something about that he is just pregnant and not terminally ill and Kai does not have to care for him like a fragile being. Sehun hoped out of the car to greet the workers working in his umma's café. He watched Uncle Joonmyeon with a weird expression like something was wrong with the older man.

 

He walked up to the latter and placed a hand on the bulging tummy. “Do you have a baby in there just like umma?” Sehun asked innocently to which Joonmyeon blushed.

 

“Yeah, I do,” Joonmyeon replied softly as to hide his embarrassment.

 

“Oh wow! Yixing and dongsaengie will have friends to play with like Sehunnie and Lulu,” Sehun said happily.

 

Kyungsoo and Kai could only laugh as they watched the way Sehun talked to Joonmyeon's growing bulge. It was fascinating to them to know that Sehun talks to every single baby that is growing in anyone's stomach. Kyungsoo placed his hand on Sehun's shoulder in an attempt to tell him not to do that to Joonmyeon. Sehun nodded with a pout as he walked over to Kai and grabbed the man's hand. Kyungsoo tried to crouch to Sehun's level despite his seven months bulge.

 

“Now, give umma a kiss goodbye,” Kyungsoo said as he pointed to his cheek.

 

Sehun gladly kissed Kyungsoo on the cheek and pulled his mother up. Kyungsoo looked at his son in curiosity. Sehun placed his hand on Kyungsoo's bulge, ”Dongsaengie! Be a good boy in there. Don't move around a lot. Hyung is going to practice for tonight's performance.” Sehun said as he kissed Kyungsoo's clothed belly.

 

Kyungsoo could only sigh as he watched how Sehun is so used to talking to his baby brother on a daily basis. The baby kicked as a response after Sehun kissed his bump to which Sehun responded with a bad boy. Kyungsoo looked over to his fiancé in hopes that the latter would pull him out of this situation. Kai tugged on Sehun hand and carried him. He turned to his lover and kissed him on the lips before making his way to the dance school just across the road.

 

-

 

The morning seems to move faster than they expect it to be. Baekhyun came in for his shift with baby Yixing in tow. They took turns in watching over Yixing. The new employee that Joonmyeon and Kris hired recently was a nice and sweet boy. He is good with kids too. Since both Kyungsoo and Baekhyun never had a proper introduction with the kid, he took the time during his break to formally greet the co-owner and also his fellow colleague. The said young man sat next to Baekhyun as he watched the older fed Yixing.

 

“So, you're the new employee that Joonmyeon hyung and Kris hyung was talking about?” Kyungsoo asked as the young man stood up abruptly.

 

“Ye-yes,” He replied as he bowed respectfully towards the two older man.

 

Kyungsoo stopped the latter from doing so because he felt that its awkward, ”Ah. You don't have to do that. What is your name?” Kyungsoo asked with his heart-shaped smile.

 

“Yoo Youngjae,” He replied.

 

“Ah. Youngjae. I see. I think both Kris hyung and Joonmyeon hyung told you that I am the co-owner of this café right?” Kyungsoo asked to which the young boy nodded in response. “I am Do Kyungsoo,” Kyungsoo said.

 

“Nice to meet you, Kyungsoo-shi, Baekhyun-shi,” Youngjae greeted as he bowed at both men.

 

“And please call us hyung. You don't need the honorific,” Kyungsoo said before walking out of the locker room.

 

“Kyungsoo is always like that. He doesn't like people speaking to him formally,” Baekhyun said breaking the tension.

 

“Really?” Youngjae asked as he scratched his nape, ”Is he pregnant? He looks bloated,” He remarked.

 

“Yes, he is. He is at his seventh month. His fiancé told him not to come down to the café but he was stubborn. And I bore Yixing on my own too,” Baekhyun said as he smiled while looking at how his son was reaching out to Youngjae.

 

“Do you want to hold him?” Baekhyun offered.

 

Youngjae carefully carried the baby in his hand as he smiled looking at how Yixing looks at him with fascination, ”I wish my baby is born soon,” Youngjae mumbled which Baekhyun did not miss.

 

“You're pregnant too?” Baekhyun asked.

 

“Yeah. I am at my second month actually,” Youngjae said as he smiled to when he remembered the time when he found out that he is expecting.

 

“Youngjae, there is someone here for you. Baekhyun, get back to work,” Kris voice came interrupting their conversation.

 

Kris took Yixing out of Youngjae's hands and rocked the baby to sleep. Baekhyun kissed his son's forehead once again before walking out to do his job. His jaw dropped when he sees Daehyun standing in the café with a bouquet of roses while kneeling down in front of Youngjae. He just stood there as he watched the whole scene of Daehyun proposing to the younger man that he just got to know with minutes ago. It surprises him how Daehyun could actually got down on his knees for someone as young as Youngjae. Baekhyun expected the latter to not even think about settling down but the scene in front of him somehow touched him looking at how much the older man has changed.

 

The whole café were covered in cheers when Youngjae finally said yes and Daehyun slipped the ring in Youngjae's slim fingers. Youngjae spun round looking at his employers and also his new friend while showing them his engagement ring. But Daehyun's gasp broke the atmosphere when his eyes landed on Baekhyun.

 

“Baekhyun hyung, this is Daehyun my fiancé and also my baby's father,” Youngjae formally introduced the older man to Baekhyun.

 

“Youngjae, I need you at the counter. You can do the introductions later,” Kyungsoo called out to Youngjae.

 

“You don't have to apologise to me anymore because I have already forgiven you. I am quite surprised that you are actually taking responsibility for the baby growing in his tummy. I can safely say that you're in love with this one. One more thing Daehyun, I don't want to see him crying to me because you hurt him because I swear I will cut your balls off and feed it to the elephants. And you can just forget what happened to us because I don't think Luhan wants to know that you're his father. We are happy. And I think you're happy with Youngjae too,” Baekhyun said as he gave Daehyun a friendly tap on the shoulder.

 

“Thanks Baek. Thank you for making me realise my mistakes all these while. And yes, I will never hurt Youngjae because I am very much in love with him,” Daekhyun replied as he smiled. Baekhyun noticed something that he has never seen in Daehyun's eyes. Love and adoration.