Chapter 30

Can I Be The Replacement?

A/N: An author's note in the beginning is something very rare. I just realised I really shouldn't completely abandoned Baekyeol/Chanbaek now that Kyungsoo is pregnant, so I decided to dedicate a few chapters for Baek's pregnancy and of course their wedding plus wedding preparations and also the birth of the baby. One more thing: italics are for flashbacks. Thank you! Enjoy!

 

Being 8 months pregnant is tiring, Baekhyun concluded. With the birth of his second child coming in barely a month, Baekhyun still has a lot of things to be done. They still have yet to get the room ready – well if you consider waiting for the arrival of the cot and cupboard not ready. Baekhyun still has some of Luhan's toys from when he was still a baby with him so he already strike that off the list. Both of them still have their family and friends to thank for because they gave them necessities they need for their newborn.

 

Luhan was seated comfortably on the floor with papers, crayons and colour pencils around him. The boy has developed the love for drawing since the time he met Sehun. Luhan was once again drawing pictures of deer and unicorns all over the paper because he claims that his baby brother would develop an interest for unicorns. Where did he get that idea? Baekhyun will never know. Baekhyun placed a pillow on his lower back for support as he waited for Chanyeol to return home with the groceries so that they can make dinner together. Also, the movers would be over their apartment in a hour or so with the cot and cupboards.

 

Baekhyun unconsciously placed his palm over his bulging tummy and started humming a random tune. Baekhyun giggled when he felt a thud against his hand. Luhan looked up from where he was and stared at his umma questioningly. “Why are you laughing, umma?” Luhan asked as he took his paper and sat beside his mother.

 

“Your baby brother just kicked me, Lu,” Baekhyun replied.

 

“Baby can move in here?” Luhan asked as he pointed to Baekhyun's tummy.

 

“Yes, honey. Do you want to feel it?” Baekhyun asked.

 

“Can I really?” Luhan asked in anticipation as he bounced in his seat.

 

Baekhyun chuckled looking at how Luhan is all excited about his baby brother. Baekhyun guided Luhan's hand to where the baby's head is resting on. He placed Luhan's hands all over his bulging tummy informing the young boy of his baby brother's position. Baekhyun told Luhan that he can start talking to his baby brother because at this point of the pregnancy, babies are able to listen to the voices of the people around his mother. Luhan face lit up as he got down on the ground and picked up the drawing that he drew for his brother.

 

“Dongsaengie! Look! I drew this for you. This is a deer and this is a unicorn. Hyung thinks that you'll like the unicorn. So keep it close to you okay?!” Luhan exclaimed with excitement and placed his ear on his mother's tummy and felt his brother kicking against it.

 

“See, Lu! Dongsaengie likes your drawing a lot!” Baekhyun said. That sentence was all it takes for Luhan to start babbling again just to get his baby brother's attention.

 

Just then, Chanyeol got home from buying the groceries. His voice came booming throughout the apartment. Luhan hopped down from where he was seated talking to his baby brother and latched onto Chanyeol's leg like a koala. Chanyeol chuckled as he watched how Luhan gotten more clingy with him. Chanyeol stood at the doorway as he pouted towards his fiancé to get their son away from him.

 

“Come on, Baek. I need you to get Luhan away from me. How am I going to bring the groceries back to the kitchen?” Chanyeol whined.

 

“Fine, Channie,” Baekhyun said as he slowly got up with a hand supporting his back and the other placed on his belly. Luhan who saw that his mother is having a hard time getting up, got up and ran to his mother's side and held his hand.

 

They sat at the kitchen table as both Baekhyun and Luhan watched Chanyeol prepared dinner for the three or four of them. It was filled with Chanyeol's deep baritone voice telling them about his encounter with one of the ahjummas in the supermarket and Baekhyun interjected here and there about how the ahjummas are actually attracted to him. Luhan – who was still distracted by his drawing – added a few of his blabbering and continued explaining to his baby brother what are they talking about. An action that Baekhyun found amusing till date. It does remind him about the time when Luhan actually thought that his baby brother does not like him.

 

-

 

It was one of those days where Luhan stayed home with Baekhyun after his shift at the café and when Chanyeol has to be in the school to prepare a new routine. Five months pregnant Baekhyun was preparing dinner alone as usual after he put Luhan down for his evening nap. He was cooking dinner consisted of Luhan's favourite which is chicken bulgogi and also some vegetables for himself and the baby. He was humming to himself as he carefully caressed his belly. Baekhyun have been doing that a lot lately since the first time he felt his son kicking him. Baekhyun was cooking when he heard Luhan wailing in his room. He turned the stove off and as quickly as he legs could carry him, he rushed to the room.

 

Luhan was seated on bed kicking the blankets off his legs while throwing his pillow and stuffed animals on the ground. Baekhyun picked the things up and placed on the bed next to Luhan. “What's wrong, honey?” Baekhyun asked as he caressed the small boy's head.

 

I had a bad dream,” Luhan replied softly as his voice was muffled by his mother's shirt.

 

What kind of bad dream?” baekhyun asked.

 

That umma left Lulu for donsaengie because you love him more,” Luhan mumbled.

 

Baekhyun could only chuckled in response as he kissed his son on the forehead, his nose and lastly both of his cheeks,”How can umma not love my one and only baby boy, hmm?” Baekhyun asked.

 

Because umma has someone new to shower his love to,” Luhan mumbled.

 

I will never forget my one and and only and I don't think dongsaengie will hate you,” Baekhyun explained.

 

Really? But umma -” Luhan was stopped short when he felt a thump next to his arm. “What's that?” he asked looking terrified.

 

What's what?” Baekhyun asked.

 

Something hit me,”Luhan mumbled as he rubbed his arm continuously.

 

Then I think that is your brother kicking me telling us that he loves his hyung too,” Baekhyun explained.

 

Really?” Luhan's eyes sparkled in anticipation.

 

Yes, really.” Baekhyun replied.

 

It was since that day when Luhan actually stopped throwing a tantrum just because he thinks that his umma doesn't love him. Luhan is now convince that his baby brother loves him too because he responded well when Luhan is around. He actually started a habit of talking to Baekhyun's bulging tummy, day in and day out.

 

-

 

“-Hyun. Baekhyun!” Chanyeol shouted.

 

“Wh-what? I'm sorry I wasn't listening.” Baekhyun replied as he looked up to his fiancé.

 

“Are you reminiscing some random pregnancy memories again?” Chanyeol asked with a sigh.

 

“Guess so. Sorry, babe. Can you repeat what you were saying?” Baekhyun asked with the puppy eyes that Chanyeol can never resists.

 

Chanyeol was about to explain what he was saying again but he was interrupted by Luhan talking to his mother's bump,”Did you see or hear that, dongsaengie? Umma is bad because he doesn't listen to appa. You will listen to us and especially me right when you grow up?” Luhan said as he gave Baekhyun's belly a pat.

 

-

 

That night, after putting Luhan to bed (after much protest from the young boy because he still wants to talk to his baby brother), Baekhyun and Chanyeol are all snuggle up in their blankets and one another's embrace. Baekhyun hummed as he drew circle on Chanyeol's arms and another was placed protectively over his belly. Chanyeol had one of his hands on Baekhyun's belly too as he tried feeling his son through the fabric of Baekhyun's pullover.

 

“Chanyeol?” Baekhyun's voice broke the comforting silence. “What should we name our son?” He asked.

 

“I don't know. Since you're the one carrying him, I think you should be the one naming me. Its fair that way.” Chanyeol replied.

 

“But I want you to have a say in the naming of our son because I named Luhan alone and now that I have someone with me, I think it is more appropriate for you to choose a name to,” Baekhyun said as Chanyeol heard the disappointment in the former's voice.

 

“Yeah, sure. We can name our son together or maybe get Luhan to help us too since he loves his baby brother a lot.” Chanyeol said as he smiled down on his pregnant lover. “Can we discuss this tomorrow morning? Because I think that you are exhausted from all the reminiscing you did the whole day,” Chanyeol said teasingly.

 

“I hate you,” Baekhyun mumbled as he gently punched Chanyeol's chest.

 

“And I love you too. The three of you,” Chanyeol replied as he kissed the crown of Baekhyun's head.

 

 

 

A/N: so i lied. i actually added a little Baekyeol here. :/ hehe. but you still have to like it because i left something important there.