Chapter 33

Can I Be The Replacement?

After hitting his fifth month mark, Kyungsoo has gotten more cranky and more demanding than he was as compared to the past five months and it is really taking a toll on Kai. Kyungsoo is experiencing one of his mood swings and tantrums. He thinks that this is the right time to be ignoring his fiance. Kyungsoo have not been talking to Kai for a few days now and he is not going to talk to him ever. It all started from the time when Kai did not want to satisfy his cravings. Kai could only watch as his five months pregnant fiance walked around the kitchen preparing food for himself, Baekhyun, Joonmyeon hyung as well as the kids. Kyungsoo was planning to visit Baekhyun and his one month old son, Yixing because he was not able to the past month. Blame it on kai for being too worried about his partners condition.

 

Kai stood at kitchen doorway as he tried over and over again to talk to the other. Kai sighed when he felt a tug on the hem of his shirt and sees Sehun looking up at him with a bow tie in his hand. Kai lifted the boy up and placed him on one of the stools to tie the bow tie on his shirt. “You're really not going to talk to me, are you?” Kai asked as he finally broke the silence.

 

“Nope.” Kyungsoo replied simply.

 

“Ugh. Come on, Soo. Don't tell me you're all pissed just because I can't satisfy your cravings for the past week. I am tired from all the classes and the dance routines that I need to prepare and your cravings just come at weird timings.” Kai said in exasperation.

 

“Well, excuse me for my weird timings cravings,” Kyungsoo replied in sarcasm. “You know if Jongin is with me on my second pregnancy, he would have satisfied it because he always said that the child that I am carrying is the most fragile and precious thing on Earth,” Kyungsoo replied as he smiled thinking of his deceased husband.

 

“So, you're comparing me to Jongin hyung now?” Kai said in jealousy.

 

“I am not comparing you. But you said it yourself that you wanted to be just like him. I don't see you putting effort in it,” Kyungsoo said as he walked pass his fiance to place the packed lunch boxes into his bag.

 

“Isn't that what you have been doing? You always mention Jongin hyung whenever I don't want to do something for you. When I am too exhausted to get your cravings satisfied, it doesn't mean I love you any lesser,” Kai said as he followed his fiance. “Anyway, not all husbands satisfy their wives cravings,” Kai stated.

 

“Well, that is only applicable when that is the second pregnancy. And this is my first pregnancy with you,” Kyungsoo said.

 

“Well, its technically your second pregnancy. Its not your first anymore. I don't see the need to satisfy your cravings. Anyway, that is just a waste of time. Like this whole baby and pregnancy idea is a waste of time,” Kai blurted out what he had in mind. The expression that Kyungsoo had just showed him that its too late to take it back.

 

“You did not just ing say that, damnnit. Yes this is my second pregnancy. But this is our first child together! You're so heartless, Kai.” Kyungsoo said as he took his bag and held Sehun's hands who happily waved to his Kai appa.

 

“And don't bother calling me tonight because I am having dinner with Baekhyun and Joonmyeon hyung. And please reflect on what you just said.” Kyungsoo said before banging the door shut.

 

-

 

Taking the public transport with a kid who is turning three in two months is one of the worst thing ever. Sehun was all jumpy throughout the ride because he was estatic to know that he will be seeing his Luhan hyung in just a few minutes. Sehun just couldn't stay still and his loud chattering – his lisp included – is not helping at all. Some of the passengers awed at the sight at how Sehun was so adorable and happy about being able to go out with his mother. Some looked at them in annoyance because Sehun was too loud. And others looked at Kyungsoo in disgust because of his bloated five months old belly.

 

What annoys Kyungsoo the most was the fact that some men can never keep their hands to themselves. He is pregnant and he feels extremely fat how is that even possible for these men to be attracted to him. Time and time again, he feels a sneaky hand groping around his . He had to stomp on the foot or elbow them just to get them to stop it. How can they even find a pregnant men attractive? He is a mother of a hyperactive three-year old for God's sake. At times like these, Kyungsoo regrets fighting with Kai because all he wants right now is for the younger to fight these old men away or drive him to the Parks.

 

Arriving at the apartment, he sees that Joonmyeon has arrived. Kyungsoo made his presence known by clearing his throat loudly. Baekhyun stood up immediately as Joonmyeon followed suit. Luhan ran from his playroom to greet Sehun and Chanyeol appeared from the nursery with a sleeping baby Yixing. Luhan greeted Kyungsoo briefly before running off to the room. He exchanged kisses on the cheeks with both Baekhyun and Joonmyeon. He did the same with Chanyeol but he paused to awed at how small Yixing looked. 'He would definitely inherit Baekhyun's height,' Kyungsoo thought.

 

Baekhyun took Yixing out of Chanyeol grasp so that the taller could take the bag of food that Kyungsoo prepared. The three of them sat on the couch together as they continued looking at Yixing amazement. It took Kyungsoo a long time to realise that something is off with Joonmyeon.

 

“Hey, Joonmyeon hyung?” Kyungsoo called out tentatively. “You look fat,” Kyungsoo said as he tried to figure out what is going on with his best friend.

 

Joonmyeon was about to explain what is wrong with him but Baekhyun beat him to it,”Well, he is not fat. He is pregnant, Kyung! Why can't even notice that?” Baekhyun said as he flicked his hair in reponse.

 

Kyungsoo's eyes widened in response when he heard the news,”Really? When? How?” Kyungsoo asked all the possible questions that came to his head.

 

“Well, when you put one in another's and leave your load in there, what would you get Kyung?” Baekhyun once again cut Joonmyeon.

 

“I don't need your sass here, Baek. I am asking Joonmyeon hyung and not you. You're not Joonmyeon hyung, are you?” Kyungsoo finally snapped.

 

Joonmyeon smiled looking at how his best friend is easily pissed over the smallest thing that comes his way. Joonmyeon took the silence from Baekhyun as a cue for him to explain what he and Kris have been through to get to where they are. It was a long journey but it was definitely worth it for them. Kyungsoo smiled as he watched how his best friend teared up at the thought that he is finally able to conceive. The three best friends spent their time catching up on the little things that they missed and Kyungsoo ensuring that he did not blurt out what is going on between him and kai.

 

Their little talking session ended when there was someone's constant knocking on the door and the ringing of the bell. Baekhyun called for Chanyeol to open the door. Kai stood there all breathless. He ran into the apartment and enveloped his tiny and fragile fiancé in a bone crushing hug. Kai chanted his apologies and how he is the most useless, heartless and annoying excuse of a fiancé anyone ever had.

 

“FIANCE?!” Baekhyun's voice boomed all over the apartment when he heard Kai mentioning something about being Kyungsoo's fiancé – which scared little Yixing who started wailing.

 

Chanyeol ran to his future husband's side and take the crying one month old into his arms successfully shushing him. Kyungsoo could only blush in response as his other two friends throw him questioning looks. “I can explain guys, really,” Kyungsoo could only squeaked that out.

 

That night, both Kai and Kyungsoo somewhat made up with one another. Dinner was spent nicely among the three friends along with their spouses. They caught up on the times where they missed. In just one month, a lot happened. Little Yixing grew a lot and they noticed the mischievous glint in his eyes in which they assumed he inherited from Chanyeol. Joonmyeon and Kris are like any other expecting couple where Kris is extremely afraid that anything might harm his beloved and their little one. Sehun and Luhan have gotten closer over time and they seemed to cling onto one another more often. Kyungsoo joked about how Sehun would definitely make Luhan his. One thing for sure, Kai is glad that Kyungsoo is finally back to his normal self.

 

Or Maybe he said it too early.