Chapter 27

Can I Be The Replacement?

It was a week since the time Kyungsoo took the pregnancy test kit. He was happy, in fact he was glad that he found out he is expecting. Kai has been bugging him to visit the hospital soon to confirm their suspicions. However, despite his happiness, Kyungsoo is still slightly mad at himself for being pregnant when he is not married yet. He used to reprimand Kai for it but the younger would recount the night when he came onto him. That would definitely shut Kyungsoo up as he blushed furiously while mumbling something about how lucky Kai is because he is in love with him.

 

Kyungsoo was up early that morning as he sat on bed and fiddled with the pregnancy test kits. He has been contemplating whether he should visit the hospital that day or not. Kai is not over at his apartment that day because he had morning classes and didn't want to impose on the older. Kyungsoo was eager to visit the hospital but he already promised Kai that they would be going together.

 

Sehun woke up later than usual. He shot up from bed when he realised that he was late to wake his umma and Kai appa up – little did he know that Kai is not staying over. Sehun quickly got out of bed and grabbed his owl plushy from bed. He hugged it tightly around his chest and walked lazily to his mother's room. Sehun walked into the room rubbing his eye sleepily and headed straight to the bathroom because from what he learnt was that Kai appa woke up earlier than his umma. Sehun walked into the bathroom and sighed when he realised that Kai appa is not in the bathroom; it may be one of those days when Kai appa did not stay for the night.

 

Kyungsoo chuckled as he watched his son wandered out of the bathroom and climbed into bed snuggling closer to him. Kyungsoo smiled as he brought his son closer to his chest and wrapped the blanket over their bodies. Kyungsoo feels content with what he has right now as he watched Sehun drifted into sleep again. He is happy with what he has right now. He was blessed with a beautiful son from his deceased ex-husband and now he is pregnant with another from the second man who he most probably love right now. Kyungsoo guessed he has Joonmyeon hyung to thank for opening his eyes to the fact that he is not alone because Kai loves him as much.

 

“Umma?” Sehun's voice broke Kyungsoo out of his trance.

 

“Yes, honey,”Kyungsoo replied as he combed his fingers through Sehun's hair.

 

“What's that?”Sehun asked as he flipped the test kits that Kyungsoo left on the bed with his small hands.

 

“Its a test kit,”Kyungsoo replied softly as he felt a blush crept on his cheeks.

 

“For?”Sehun asked.

 

“Its to test whether I am pregnant or not,”Kyungsoo replied.

 

“What is pregnant?”Sehun asked as he looked up to his mother.

 

“It means to have a baby growing inside of your tummy. This is where you came from, baby,”Kyungsoo replied as he placed Sehun's hands over his stomach.

 

“Baby?”Sehun asked as his eyes lit up.

 

“Yes, honey you might have a baby brother or sister soon,”Kyungsoo smiled at his all hyped up son.

 

Sehun clapped his hands happily as he leaned down towards Kyungsoo flat tummy and talked to the being that will call him oppa or hyung one day. Kyungsoo laughed as he watched Sehun talked animatedly about how he would teach his dongsaeng everything he or she should know. He also talked about how he would protect him or her and also how he would teach him or her to dance. Kyungsoo heart swelled at the mention of the things that Sehun is willing to do for his little brother or sister. It reminds him a lot of Jongin because that was exactly what Jongin did when he was pregnant with Sehun.

 

Jongin-ah. I think Sehun really takes after you. Did you just see how he talks to his dongsaeng like he or she could listen to him? Isn't that what you did when we found out that I am expecting a baby boy. Hopefully my second pregnancy would be as easy as it was the first time. I only beg of one thing from you; please give me and Kai your blessings and allow him to be your replacement. Please continue watching over us. I will always love you now and forever.

 

-

 

Kyungsoo clasped and unclasped his fingers as he looked at the queue number that was in his hands; 1214. He watched as the other patients were smiling lovingly at their spouses who were beside them. Some came alone but they looked calm and happy. There are some patients who were reading the magazines and books on the shelves that are related to pregnancy and having babies. Sehun was sitting on the ground playing with the blocks that the nurses gave. He groaned when he could not get them the way he wanted them to be. The light outside of the doctor's room flickered again but it showed 1213 instead. Kyungsoo glanced outside the door where he sees Kai talking on the phone, a smile gracing his lips.

 

Kai got in the clinic and sat beside his nervous lover. He took the older's smaller hands in his and smiled down at him. Kyungsoo tried pulling away because he hates it when Kai always tries to display his affections in public. “Are you nervous?” Kai asked.

 

Kyungsoo could only nod in response because he was nervous as hell. The last time he visited the clinic because he thought that he might be pregnant was when he had Sehun,”Its been so long since I last got pregnant,” Kyungsoo managed to mumble.

 

“Its going to be okay, baby. I am here. Sehun is here. Your friends are here and most importantly, Jongin hyung is watching over us,” Kai said as he tighten his grip around Kyungsoo's hands to assure him that everything will be fine.

 

“Yeah, we will be fine because Jongin is always there for him when I needed him,” Kyungsoo said as he let out a smile in relief. Kai smiled along as he was happy to know that Kyungsoo is calm once again and accepting his presence.

 

“Anyway, you don't have to worry much about the doctor and stuff like that because I've gotten the best doctor in the whole of Seoul,” Kai said as he used his hands to exaggerate the ability of the doctor, ”And noona visits him too,” Kai finished off as he smiled.

 

The buzzer went off and it was their queue number. Kai helped Kyungsoo up as the latter mumbled something about he is not showing yet and he doesn't need his help. Kai chuckled and told him that he needs to prepare himself for the nine months to come. Sehun skipped ahead of his parents, as what he likes to call them and entered the room. He happily sat himself on the ground next to the door and continued playing. The doctor gave a questioning look but he dismiss it as the couple's son. Kai sat Kyungsoo down on the chair as Kyungsoo apologised over and over again about Sehun's rudeness. The doctor, who called himself as Dr Park, told him it was nothing as he experienced something worse than this.

 

Dr Park asked Kyungsoo the usual questions; how often did he throw up and was his abdominal cramps painful. Kyungsoo replied honestly as his palms got wet from sweating so much. The doctor looked up and asked the question that Kyungsoo dreaded the most, ”Are the both of you married?”

 

“Ah. no.” Kyungsoo said softly.

 

“I see. So this is an unexpected child then?” He asked.

 

“Yeah. Unexpected or not, I am still happy either way,” Kai said with pride.

 

“Okay. May I ask, is the kid over there both of your son?” Dr Park asked as Kyungsoo visibly tensed.

 

“No. He was from my ex-husband,” Kyungsoo replied. ”He died in a car accident when I was pregnant with him.”

 

“I am so sorry to hear that,” Dr. Park apologised sincerely, ”Now, are the both of you excited to see your baby?” He asked as he stood up and put on his gloves.

 

Kyungsoo took this as cue to lay down on the bed and lifted his shirt. Kyungsoo blushed when he noticed the fading hickey near his belly button. Kai could only beamed with pride when Dr. Park teased them about it. Sehun got up from where he was seated and left his blocks. He walked to Kai and tugged on the latter's pants, ”Kai appa,” Sehun whined as he lifted up his arms as he wanted to be carried. The screen as he used the detector to determine where the little bean of life is. Kyungsoo and Kai watched in anticipation as they waited for their baby. Sehun watched in awe as he stuck his thumb into his mouth.

 

Dr Park's face lit up when he got the image of a small spot on the screen,”Do you guys see that?” He asked as he pointed at the black and white image to which the couple nodded in response. “That is your baby. By the looks of it, Kyungsoo-shi is in his fourth week,” He explained.

 

Sehun started wriggling in Kai's hold as he got excited looking at the image,”That's your dongsaeng, Sehunnie!” Kyungsoo said.

 

Sehun looked at the image in amazement as the thought of being an older brother to the baby growing in his mother's stomach shocked him. Kyungsoo wiped the liquid off his stomach as he pulled his shirt down. Kai sat down in front of the doctor and waited for him to write the prescription that Kyungsoo need and also his next appointment.

 

Sehun placed his hands on Kyungsoo's flat tummy and gave it a peck. Kyungsoo looked at his oldest son in shock,”What is it, honey?” Kyungsoo asked as he crouched down to Sehun's height.

 

“Dongsaengie? Faster come out. Sehunnie wants to see you soon! Sehunnie will play with you everyday. I love you!” Sehun said as he made heart shapes with his hands. Kyungsoo was touched as he watched his son's reactions. His baby boy is growing up too fast. But he was glad that Sehun was able to accept his baby unlike how Luhan reacted to Baekhyun's pregnancy.

 

Jongin-ah. I just had my ultrasound and the doctor confirmed that I am expecting. Your Sehun is eager to meet his little brother or sister. He keeps on talking to it, well its the second time actually. Do you remember that you did that the moment you found out that I was pregnant? Hopefully this pregnancy goes well for me, okay? Jongin, I love you, now and forever.