Chapter 9

Attention

Chapter 9

The wind blew in her air, as the window beside her was open. Her hand was hanging outside, resting on the edge of the window as they drove. Loud music was playing in the background and smiles was plastered on their faces as they enjoyed their freedom.

If Hyuna had to be completely honest, then she would say that she felt alive. She felt some kind of happiness, which almost were unexplainable.

She looked towards Hyunseung who was sitting behind the wheel. His hands was locked around the wheel as he drove, and his posture was straight. Even though he looked serious, the smile on his lips betrayed him. Whenever she had seen him, he had always had this kind of “troublemaker-ish” attitude, but now he seemed like a kid, who just opened his presents at Christmas night.

It made her just happier. It was nice to know, that he was comfortable around her, which she oddly enough found a bit weird. From what she knew, they were two completely different people, who lived different lifestyles and surrounded them both with different kind of people.

She knew that she was in trouble. She knew that, when she would enter the door at home her parents would be standing there, waiting for her. They would yell at her and forbid her to leave the house – only to go to school of course. But right now, she wouldn’t think about the consequences, she wanted to enjoy the moment and live for once.

“Hyuna?” Hyunseung suddenly asked, or more like yelled, to drown out the noise from the radio and wind.

“Yeah?” She answered and looked towards him, her hair flying towards her face so she – a bit annoyed – had to push it out of the way.

“Where do you wanna go?” Hyunseung asked and looked towards her for a quick moment before his eyes returned to the road.

“I don’t know,” She laughed and looked out of the windscreen.

They were still driving through the city. From time to time, she would spot people turning their necks after the car as it passed by. Probably because of the loud music, it had the tendency to get people’s attention. She could recognize it from herself. When she had been younger, her mother and father had always told her about, how loud music was noise and rude to other people, every time a car had passed by her and she had heard the loud music, she had made a grimace. Now, where she found herself being in the same situations as the drivers she had seen when she was younger, she suddenly understood why they were so “noisy”.

She enjoyed the loud voices and instruments playing in the background. It reminded her of the movies she used the watch, where the couple drove off together.

She pulled her knees towards her chest and looked over at Hyunseung again.

“Your place?” she suggested.

He considered it for a moment before he nodded and pushed the speeder down, so they both were pushed back into the seats because of the sudden change of speed.

Laughter filled the air as they drove. The both felt free and alive; there was no one who could stop them, at least that was how Hyuna felt. She could not help but imagine a movie scene of a couple driving down a dusty road; everything is going in slow motion as the scene shifts between the two lovers. They laugh. They enjoy. They feel alive. They are free to do whatever the like, no one can stop them.

Hyunseung told her stories as they drove. He told her about funny accidents and adventures he had been on. Apparently, he had spent the most of his time by himself, he had left his parents in a young age to study, which he quickly found out was not him.

He lied…

She knew it. She could see it in his eyes, he only looked at her for a short time and then he avoided her eyes, but for some kind of reason, she could not find herself to get mad at him. She knew nothing about him, the only thing, which she was 100% sure on, was that she enjoyed his company. His past did not matter to her, it was up to him if he wanted to tell her the truth or not.

They left the city behind them and drove down the dusty road. Pavement was replaced with dried grass, sand, and stones. Cars drove past them, which proved to them that they were not completely alone.

She let her hands run though her long, brown hair as they care turned to the left and drove towards Hyunseungs small house-thing.

Hyuna was about to say something, but stopped when she noticed Hyunseungs facial expression. His eyes was focused on something ahead of them, his hands was clenching around the steering wheel and he slowly began to lower the speed.

“What is it?” She asked after a couple of seconds. She had to gather herself the courage to ask him, she feared that he might yell or just get mad at her for asking. Whenever Joon became like that, he always tended to raise his voice, which she did not like at all!

“I have guests,” He just said without as much as looking at her.

The car stopped and they were both about to get out, when Hyunseung stopped and looked towards Hyuna.

“You stay here,” he said and held a hand up to push her inside the car again if she protested.

“Alright,” she just said and let herself fall back onto the seat again. She did not even get a chance to react or do anything before Hyunseung had slammed the door close beside her.

Hyuna followed him with her eyes as he walked towards the house. He did not even get a chance to get behind the corner as two people stepped out in front of him.

She could feel her heart beating faster and faster for each second there passed by, but to her surprise they did not do anything to him. She had expected them to hit and beat him or maybe even kill him, but they were just standing there, talking.

The two boys were dressed in black jeans. One of them wore a black tank top and sunglasses, while the other one wore a white t-shirt with a black leather jacket. They were both tall and had the same black colored hair.

Hyuna leaned to the side to get a better look, when a pair of eyes fell on her. She could feel herself gulp as her eyes meet the boy who was wearing the jacket.

It looked like he said something to Hyunseung that made him turn around and look directly at her. His eyes were cold; no emotions could be seen in his eyes as he looked back at the two boys, saying something, which got their attention.

Who were those boys?

She bit her lower lip as she slowly glided down the seat, so she could not see them any longer. Her heart was still beating fast and her stomach hurt. It did not feel right, she maybe even felt a bit scared, sitting there by herself, waiting for something to happen.

She was about to look up above the windscreen, when she felt her phone vibrate in the pocket of her jeans. Without hesitation, she quickly pulled out the phone and looked at the number. The phone was shaking in between her hands as she answered it.

“Joon,” she said and looked around as if she was about to have a secret conversation.

Hyuna, what do you think you are doing?!” he yelled in the other end, which made her sigh. She tried to calm herself down, but her heart was still beating too fast. “Didn’t I tell you to stay away from that guy? Sohyun had to tell me everything!

“Yeah, yeah I’m sorry, “she said and slowly looked up to see one of the boys grab Hyunseungs arm. She was just about the throw the phone away and run out to save him, when Hyunseung pushed the hand away and grabbed the collar of the man’s jacket.

Where are you?” Joon asked, this time a bit more calm.

“That’s none of your concern,” she said and looked down. “What do you want?”

I want to know, why you left the school,” he said annoyed. “Just tell me where you are so I can come and pick you up”.

“No thanks,” Hyuna just answered as she looked up again. Hyunseung was now walking towards her as she noticed the boys he had been talking to just a few minutes ago, now were gone. “I’m alright, there is no need to worry”.

Hyuna…

The door opened and Hyunseung got in. He slowly looked at her, when he noticed the phone in her hands.

“I’m alright,” She repeated without looking away from Hyunseung, who still looked down at her. His eyes were not as cold as they had been a few minutes ago; they was now filled with worry. “The fact that I say that I’m fine, should be enough for you to not worry”.

Joon yelled something in the other end, as she closed her phone and stopped it into her pocket again.

“Are you alright?” She asked and finally looked away from Hyunseung.

“I’m fine,” he said and slowly started to car again. “They were just some friends”.

Hyuna nodded as they began to drive the last couple of meters towards the house… 

------------O--------------O------------------O----------------------O-----------------O---------------------O----------------------O---------------------O------------------O------------------

Author's Note:

After a long time, a new chapter!

Stupid school, with stupid projects! School had once again been a hindrance >_< I had to make a movie about a self-elected topic, and then I was paired up with two girls, which was fine. I know one of them, since she is in my class, but every time we had to film, she always said that she couldn't in the last minute. And then there was the other girl, who just didn't care about or project, so I had to put it all together by myself and find music etc... I almost went down with stress... Great *.* 

But - now that I have complained a lot - I hope that you enjoyed this chapter! ^^ 
 

~ Bye for now!