Chapter 8

Attention

Chapter 8

 

A groan escaped her lips as she her other side. The sun was shining right down on her, blinding her even though her eyes was closed. She quickly grabbed the pillow beneath her head and pulled it over her head in a succeed attempt to block out the sun. 

A few minutes passed by, where she felt herself going back to sleep, when the sound of someone knocking on her door sounded.

With another groan, she removed the pillow from her head and saw her mother standing in the door with her arms crossed. Hyuna felt the way every trace of annoyance disappeared as the glare from her mother reached her. She felt small under those brown eyes.

Yup, her mother was still mad at her.

Things had not turned out well, when they had seen her with that “horrible and patronizing boy”, as her mother had described him, even though Hyunseung had not said anything. The worst part was that her mother was not the worst person, it was Joon. He had been staring at Hyunseung like he was some kind of sickness which just had to be eliminated. After minutes of yelling and screaming, it was like Hyunseung had had enough. He had suddenly grabber her arm and pulled her behind him.

When Hyunseung had done that, Joon had gotten so mad that he pushed Hyunseung away. The problem was just that, Hyunseung was a bit stronger than Joon, so when he pushed back Joon ended up on the ground.

After that, Hyunseung had just said goodbye and left the scene.

Hyuna sighed as she remembered the way he had looked back before he had entered the car. He had even smiled at her, before he drove off.

Of course, Hyuna had to deal with her parents yelling and scolding for hours, as they had entered the house. There was nothing else to do, Hyuna had been placed on a chair and her parents had been standing in front of her, pointing fingers and telling her how stupid she as.

She had not listened, but had just felt the rage boiling inside of her, but now, as she was lying in her bed looking at her mother, she regretted everything.

“Get up,” her mother just said before she left the room. “NOW!”

Hyuna sighed and slowly got up. It was Monday, and she had to go to school because if not, her parents would just throw a tantrum at her again. She slowly and tired stretched her arms towards the ceiling before she stood up and grabbed the clothes.

She was faster than she had expected and when she walked down the stairs she met her fathers eyes.

“I’m gonna drive you to school,” he said and entered the kitchen, with her walking right behind him.

“I can go to school by myself,” Hyuna said as she sat down by the table and grabbed a piece of toast.

“I don’t trust you,” Her father just said without as much looking at her. “I don’t want you to see that boy again… he is only trouble… probably been to jail as well”.

Once again, she felt the way the anger started to boil inside of her. She wanted to stand up and yell at him, but she knew that it would not make anything better. She kept shot and ate her food as slowly as possible.

All three of them ate their food in silence until her father stood up and left the kitchen. Hyuna knew that it was a sign to get done, so she quickly took the last bite of the bread before she stood up and followed him outside.

They drove in silence. The awkward atmosphere was surrounding them, and Hyuna could not help but feel relieved when she exited the car and closed the door. The last thing she heard was the sound of her father telling her, that he would come and pick her up later.

She walked towards the school, and not even a second later Joon was walking right beside her.

“Good morning Hyuna,” he said.

“Leave me alone,” Hyuna just said and speed up to get away from him. She did not want to spend any time with him, actually, she just wanted to be alone, and she did not want to hear about, how she should stay away from Hyunseung. It was not them to decide that.

“Hyuna!” She heard Joon yell behind her. “Wait!”

She pushed the doors open and walked down the hallway as fast as she could. She just had to get away from them. Her head was hurting and it felt like just the smallest thing could make her explode.

She rushed to the bathroom, without noticing the person following her. She stopped in front of the mirror and looked at herself, before she looked down again. Her heard was hurting, as if someone just had punched her in the face.

“Hyuna?”

She quickly looked towards the person, who she quickly recognized as Gayoon. She was standing, fetching with her hands and looking down, before she started to walk towards her.

“What?” Hyuna snarled and looked back at the mirror. Why couldn’t people just leave her alone?!

“I just wanted to ask if you are all right?” Gayoon asked and took another step closer.

Hyuna did not answer at first. Was she all right? Probably not. Everybody was mad at her because she had been with a boy they did not like. It was so ridiculous and most of all childish. She was a grown up woman, she could “almost” take care of herself.

“I’m fine,” Hyuna lied and looked at Gayoons reflection in the mirror. Gayoon was about to open her moth to speak again, when Hyuna quickly interrupted: “I just need to spend some time alone, without people telling me what to do”.

Gayoon looked down and nodded, before she left the bathroom in silence. Hyuna followed her with her eyes, but in that second the door opened Joon suddenly burst inside.

Hyuna quickly tuned towards him and placed her hand against the edge of the sink in an attempt to support herself. You could almost see the fire burning behind his eyes, as he placed his hand against the door to keep it shut.

“What are you doing?” Hyuna asked with a shaking voice. The way Joon had entered the bathroom had scared her a bit, he was always so calm and relaxed, but now he reminded her about Hyunseung when he beat up those people from The Downtown.

“What am I doing?” he said and pointed at himself. “What are YOU doing?”

“Me?” Hyun asked angry and pointed at herself. “Uhmmm, let’s see, I’m living my life”.

“You are destroying your life!” Joon yelled and grabbed her arms to keep her from going anywhere. “That guy… He is only gonna drag you down, don’t you understand?!”

“No, I do not understand,” Hyuna said and pushed his hands away. “Why does it always have to be like this? You and the others are always telling me what to do, and if I do something you don’t like you always end up getting mad!”

Joon was about to grab her arms again, when the bell suddenly rung and Hyuna pushed him away. With fast steps she walked past him and rushed out of the bathroom, down towards the classroom.

She threw her bag on the table and sat down. Eyes from the other students followed her, as she placed her chin against her hands. She could see Sohyun looking at her from the other end of the classroom, but she just sighed and looked towards the window.

A few minutes passed by like this, until the teacher entered the room and began to speak and fill the blackboard with words and numbers, but Hyuna could not keep following. She quickly found herself looking at the pages in her book, folding them here and there, and sighing from time to time.

She did not feel comfortable at all; she just wanted to go home… No, she did not even want to go home, there were just more trouble. She wanted to see Hyunseung again, she wanted to tell him everything and how stupid people were.

She looked up, when the door suddenly burst open, hitting the wall with a loud bang. Everybody looked up, and the teacher was now standing with a broken chalk in her hands.

“What can I help you with?” She asked, shocked over the sudden interruption.

“When you speak about the sun,” Hyuna mumbled, as Hyunseung stepped inside. He was wearing a pair of dark jeans and a grey sweatshirt with big red letters on. His hands was casually in the pockets of the jeans as he looked at the entire class. His silver-ish hair was hanging into his eyes, which didn't seems to bother him. 

The cigarette hung on his lower lip, smoke blending with the air.

Suddenly a smile spread across his lips as he spotted Hyuna, sitting in the back of the class. He quickly removed the cigarette from his lips and walked towards her, leaving the teacher dumfounded by the blackboard.

Mumbling started to spread in the entire class as he stopped beside her and leaned in over the table.

“What’s up, Hyuna?” He asked with the smile on his lips. “How are you?”

“I’m fine,” Hyuna said, tempted to end the sentence with a “now”.

“Are you busy?” He suddenly asked and looked around.

“Hyuna,” Sohyun stood up and looked down at her. Her eyes was big and almost pleading her to stay. She looked like a puppy, who was afraid her master would leave her.

Hyuna quickly looked back at Hyunseung, before she slowly grabbed his hands and let him pull her up from her seat. As they left the classroom, the teacher began to yell after them, but she never left the room.

Hyuna could not help but smile, especially when she noticed that Hyunseung still was holding her hand. 

------------O--------------O------------------O----------------------O-----------------O---------------------O----------------------O---------------------O------------------O------------------