Chapter 21

Attention

Chapter 21

She had no idea about what to do. He was gone and she wanted him back, but how? The thought of having to break into a police station was almost killing her, how should she even be able to do that?

She had been sitting in the back of the car for an entire day now. The doors and windows were locked so no one could bothered her, the only thing that disturbed her was the sound of the rain falling down against the roof. Her entire body was shaking and her elbows were killing her. After she landed on the asphalt, the skin had been ripped open and now she had to pay the price for not doing what Hyunseung had told her.

She shouldn’t have run away, she should have run inside and kicked the policemen, she should have saved Hyunseung and they should have been back on the run or end up in jail together. She shouldn’t have left.

She let her hands run through her blonde, short hair and sighed before she let her head fall back against the seat. She had been crying for hours and now she really wished that she could cry, but none came out. She felt heartbroken, alone, she felt like she was being left behind to die. It was like there was a constant pressure on her head, like the gravity tried to smash her into tiny pieces.

Cars passed her and not even one of them stopped to check on the mystic car, that had been parked by the edge of the road for hours now. She wanted one of them to stop and ask her if she was okay, but that would probably just go wrong. Maybe she would be recognized and dragged home to Seoul.

Frustration was slowly building up.

It was like everything around her exploded, when she grabbed the drive seat and pulled herself over to the front. With one quick move she started the car and left the ditch. She drove as fast as she could, the only thing that could stop her was the fact that she actually didn’t have a plan. The only thing she knew was that she had to find Hyunseung.

She drove for what felt like hours, it wasn’t until she reached a bigger city that she stopped. Since it still was early morning, there weren’t many cars on the streets which made it easier to move around. As fast as she could she once again jumped over to the back seats and found one of the bags that Hyunseung had kept in the car. With a satisfied smile she pulled out one of his shirts and a pair of black jeans and changed her clothes into something new.

When she had done that she once again drove down the many streets, it wasn’t until a strange sound could be heard that she stopped. Looking down at herself, the sound repeated itself. She was hungry, and money wasn’t the thing that she had most of.

With a deep sigh, she pulled over and exited the car. The wind was cold against her bare arms and the thin fabric of the white shirt wasn’t doing much against the cold air around her.

She had only a few money and right now, she knew exactly how she was going to use them. Without attracting too much attention, she walked down between the many houses in an attempt to find a small café, where there wouldn’t be too many people around.

She felt like she could cry out of joy, when she spotted a small café, where there only were two people inside.

As she stepped inside, she couldn’t help but sigh in relief. The café was warm and nobody gave her any kind of attention, except for the waitress, who quickly guided her towards a table near the end of the café. She ordered a small portion of Ddukbaegi Bulgogi and waited for her food to arrive.

Slowly she started to look around. The café was small; it had white walls and a dark floor, which reflected the lamps that hung from the ceiling. A few plants was placed here and there and some old pictures hung on the walls. The place wasn’t anything special, it was cheap and messy, the perfect place for her to be right now.

As she spotted her food being brought to her, a smile crept upon her lips and she quickly thanked the waitress and ducked into the food. She wanted to dance and jump around of pure happiness. When all of this was over, she wanted to bring Hyunseung to this place.

For a second, she felt guilty for being able to sit and eat a nice meal, while he had to suffer in some kind of prison. Her heart was beating faster and faster the more she thought about him, for a second it felt like tears was going to fall, but she quickly pulled herself together.

She continued to eat in silence, without looking up or around anymore.

It wasn’t until she heard the sound of the door being opened that she looked up. She didn’t know what to say or what to do, it was like she was frozen, like something held her to the chair. Once again she could feel her heart beat faster and faster, but this time it wasn’t out of guilt. In front of her stood a person, who Hyunseung used to be with. Yoseob.

He was wearing a black jacket, which he confidently adjusted as he looked around. Behind him appeared four other guys, which one of them, she recognized.

Slowly, she looked down in an attempt to avoid them seeing her. She tried to make herself appear smaller as she leaned forward and bent over the table. She had no idea about, what to do if the approached her. Would they kill her? Kidnap her?

Her hands had started shaking and she felt her breath be stuck in as they walked towards one of the tables near hers.

They laughed and joked around, and for a second, she didn’t feel so intimidated by them, but a little voice kept screaming at her to run or just do something to get away from them. She knew what they had done in the past, Hyunseung had told her, but she had also witnessed it herself. The day that Yoseob had appeared at her home and when two of them had showed up in front of Hyunseungs home.

Her grasp around the chopsticks tightened as she tried to calm herself down.

She looked down at her almost-empty bowl and slowly rose from the chair. She carefully placed the money on the table and started to walk towards the door, before she took one last glance back towards the group.

Her eyes immediately meet a pair of round, dark eyes. She felt her body go stiff and her eyes widened as she saw a glint appear in his eyes. He had recognized her. Suddenly the boy jumped up from the chair, and before she knew of it, she ran. She ran as fast as she could, pushing trashcans and chairs to give herself a bigger chance to escape.

She could hear them yell and scream behind her, she knew they were getting closer. How stupid could she be? She knew she couldn’t run away from them, they were faster and stronger than her, they were used to running, while she was a person who preferred to sit in a chair with a book.

Oh, how she wished Hyunseung were with her. He would have known what to do.

She felt her entire body shiver from the cold and the fear as she looked back. They were almost right behind her, so close that she almost could feel their hands grasping her arms and wrists.

She took a turn around the nearest corner and ran down the alley as fast as she could. Her legs has started to hurt, her breath was hoarse and it had become harder and harder to get the air into her burning lungs. was dry and she wanted to scream for help, but no one was near them, no one could help her. She rushed down a couple of stairs, when she spotted a large dumpster pressed up against one of the small walls that separated house and street.

As fast as she could she grabbed onto the edge of the dumpster and pulled herself upon it. She stumbled a bit, and quickly grabbed the edge of the wall and once again tried to pull herself up. This time, she didn’t get a chance to even raise her arms, when she felt a pair of arms locking themselves around her legs as she was pulled down.

She felt her back hit the hard surface of the dumpster, as she slid down onto the hard asphalt. The air immediately left her lungs as her back hit the ground, hands grasping against her chest as she tried to get back the control of her breathing.

She to the side and saw a pair of black boots. She glanced up and saw a guy with black hair and feline eyes staring down at her.

She wanted to cry and scream, and tell them to leave her alone, but she was too tired to do anything. A hand locked itself around her shirt as she was pulled up onto her legs. She stumbled a bit, when a pair of hands grabbed her and kept her steadied.

None of them said anything as they studied the tired girl in front of them.

“Where is Hyunseung?” The boy with the feline eyes asked, with an astonishing deep voice.

“Not with me,” she mumbled and glared at him.

“He left?” He asked a bit amused and looked at the others around him.

“You are lying,” a voice suddenly said to her right. She turned her heard and recognized the boy, who she had seen in front of Hyunseung home, the day that she for the first time had encountered people from Hyunseungs past.

Hyuna suddenly felt angry.

“Can you see him anywhere?” She snarled and tried to get her arms free from the grasps. “I’m pretty sure, if he was here, then he would have showed up by now”.

A laugh escaped the man in front of her as his eyes wandered up and down her body, when his smile suddenly disappeared. He bit his lip for a second, before he looked at the boy with the feline eyes.

“He is not here,” he said and nodded towards Hyuna.

For a second she felt all pair of eyes on her as a shiver ran down her spine. A plan had slowly started to form in her head as she looked at the men before her. A smirk found its way onto her lips as she opened to speak:

“I know where he is”.