Chapter 23

Attention

Chapter 23

The engine roared to life as Doojoon turned the key. They had all miraculously fitted themselves in the small car, the three people in the back almost sitting on each other’s lap as they yelled and pushed each other around. 

Hyuna praised herself lucky that she had gotten the front seat, after seeing how the boys had been fighting as they had walked towards the car. If Doojoon hadn’t been there and told them to calm down, she probably would have been squeezed in the back with the others. 

They left the warehouse without attracting too much attention from the passers-by. It kind of surprised her how people didn't glanced towards the old car. If she saw a car that was filled with people wearing all black, squeezed up against the windows at the back, she would probably look twice. 

They wanted to show up in the middle of the day. No one would expect anything, especially not the police whom they probably would encounter in a few minutes.
Hyuna was the one who was gonna start it all, while the others would cover her back and make sure that she wouldn’t get a single scratch.

They would distract the police and then find Hyunseung and flee. It was a very simple plan.

She could feel her pulse beat against her neck as they neared the tall building. Her trembling hands held onto the gun Doojoon had given her before they left. She had told him that she didn’t know how to use it, but he had insisted, telling her that she would make herself appear more dangerous. 

“We’ll park in the alley as planned,” Doojoon suddenly said as they stopped in front of a red light. “You know how to get to the car if something happens”.

Hyuna just nodded, too nervous to answer. She had memorized the many small roads from the police station to the car, she didn't want to be the one left behind.

The light turned green and they started to drive once again.

The noise from the backseat was not enough to drown out the millions of thoughts she had. What if something went wrong? What if one of them got shot? What if she accidently shot one of them?

She shivered at the thought and tightened the jacket around herself. She had borrowed one of Junhyuns leather jacket which oddly enough fit her perfectly.

The car stopped and she felt her heart skip a beat. She felt her eyes widen as she looked up towards the sky, her entire body had started to shake and she felt unfocused and scared. 

Silence.

The engine had gone silent. The only thing they could hear was the noise from the city and their own breaths.

“Alright,” Doojoon said and opened the door to get out. Her entire body froze as she sat there, starring out of the windscreen. She couldn’t think, she couldn’t move. She could barely swallow the spit that had gathered itself in . It wasn’t until she felt cold air hit her face as the door beside her had been opened.

A warm hand landed on her arm as she was pulled out from the car. Yoseob stood beside her, looking towards the tall buildings beside them, probably waiting for something to happen, an order maybe. 

“Alright,” Doojoon said and loaded the gun that he had been carrying in his belt strap. “You all know what to do…. Now Hyuna, do you stuff and we will make sure that no one hurts you”.

Hyuna nodded before she hid her own gun behind the jacket. With one last glance back towards the boys, she walked towards the main street that was filled with cars and people. If she happened to be seen, everything would be destroyed.

With her eyes turned towards the asphalt, she walked towards the police station. The building was tall and filled with thousands of windows, even the entire front of the building was made out of glass, so you could see the cops working behind it.

Carefully she pushed the heavy door open and looked around. There were only a few people, some were standing and waiting to get some kind of information, while other sat and looked towards the ground. A few pictures hung on the walls, pictures of people who were missing and people who were wanted. She even saw her and Hyunseungs faces looking directly at her. 

She gulped before she caught the eyes of one of the officers and walked, now confidently, towards him.

“Hi,” she said and tried to use her aegyo like she did when she wanted something from Joon.

“What can I help you with, miss?” he asked and smiled at her.

Hyuna bit her lower lip before she felt her hand move towards the back of her jeans. Her hand clutched around the handle of the gun before she opened to speak: “I would like to see Jang Hyunseung”.

Recognition appeared in the officers eyes as he took a step back.

As fast as she could, Hyuna pulled out of the gun and pointed it at the officer, who now raised his hands. Screams could be heard behind her as people started to flee from the station. The officers around her started to stumble around in an attempt to do something.

Adrenaline was rushing through her veins as she held the gun. She suddenly didn’t feel scared or nervous anymore, she felt confident and secure, especially when she heard the door behind her getting kicked open as the others came to help.

She heard Doojoons voice yell out orders as the rest of them took care of the other officers, throwing them too the ground and tying their hands on their backs. 

A hand landed on her shoulder as Doojoon leaned down and whispered in her ear: “Go find Hyunseung”.

She nodded eagerly and walked towards one of the doors that lead towards the back where they probably kept their prisoners.

The room was bigger than she had expected. A long hallway was stretched out in front of her with different, green colored doors. Fluorescent tubes hung from the ceiling, making the hallway look like something from a horror movie with its cold white walls and floor. 

With fast steps, Hyuna walked down the hallway with the gun raised, ready to protect herself if someone was hiding behind the corners. The echo from her shoes almost made her nervous as she rounded the many corners. 

“Hyunseung!” She carefully whispered and looked through one of the small windows in one of the many doors. Most of the cells were empty which disturbed, but at the same time pleased her. Every time she reached an empty room she felt panic run through her body. She had to find him now!

“Hyuna!”

She quickly turned around to see Dongwoon run towards her.

“What are you doing here?” She asked and looked him up and down. Thank God, he was okay. She had honestly been against dragging the youngest member into this. He was so young and still had a long and bright future in front of him, but then again… he was in a gang.

“The backup has arrived,” he said out of breath and started to walk down hall. “We need to hurry”.

Hyuna nodded and they both sprinted down the many halls, yelling out Hyunseungs name again and again. After they had rounded some corners, they bumped into Gikwang, who joined them in the search of Hyunseung.

“Doojoon and the others are trying to keep the cops away,” he said as they pushed another door open to find an empty room. “It chaos out there, even the press has showed up”.

“Crazy,” Dongwoon mumbled as he searched another room.

“Hyunseung!” Hyuna screamed this time as she kept turning around herself in an attempt to find some order in the chaos around her. Her entire mind was a chaos, she was getting more panicked the more time that passed by.

“HYUNA!”

All three of them turned towards the end of the hallway, where they suddenly heard someone knock and kick against a door.

“Hyunseung,” Hyuna said to herself as she ran towards the door, where she had heard Hyunseungs voice.

Her hands slammed against the door as she saw his dark eyes staring down at her through the window. He looked tired and his silverfish hair was a mess, it almost covered his eyes as he from time to time had to push it back.

“What are you doing here?” He asked with a hint of anger.

“Rescuing you,” she mumbled and grabbed the handle of the door, pulling it a few times, knowing that it was locked.

“Step aside,” Gikwang suddenly said and took Hyunas place.

The surprise in Hyunseungs face couldn’t be unseen as he took a few steps away from the door, obviously knowing what was going to happen when he spotted the gun the Gikwangs hand.

The loud roar of the gun hung in the air as the door in front of them slowly opened. The lock and handle now being destroyed by the bullet form the gun allowed the door the slide open by a simple breeze.

Hyunseung quickly stepped out from his cell and hugged Hyuna. He arms automatically locked themselves around her as he held her as tight as he could. As he pulled away, he carefully cupped her cheeks before he leaned down and pecked her lips.

“Let’s get out of here,” he said and grabbed her hand and started to walk down the hall with the others behind him.

“Hyunseung,” Hyuna said and placed the gun in his other hand. “Take this… I don’t like carrying it”.

His entire faced changed as he looked from the gun and back to her face. A scowl appeared on his face as he looked towards Gikwang and Dongwoon who clearly noticed the sudden change in the silver haired boy.
He shook his head and continued to walk down the hall.

He suddenly stopped as they reached the end of one of the many halls. He leaned up against the wall beside the door as the raised his gun. With a careful hand, he opened the door slightly and looked out.

He clicked his tongue against the roof of his mouth before a sigh escaped his lips.

Suddenly he fired a shoot trough the crack between the door and the wall. A few yells and screams could be heard as he fired another. Even Hyuna felt like screaming as the shot was fired around her.

“We have to get out,” he mumbled and once again, grabbed Hyunas hand.

Hyunseung suddenly kicked the door open and ran through the room, until he threw himself on the ground beside Doojoon, who was lying in his knees, with half screaming Junhyun.

“Nice to see you again, Hyunseung,” he said before he fired a bullet towards some of the cops that tried to enter the building.

“Nice to see you too,” Hyunseung answered and looked down at the crying Junhyun who held his leg against his chest. Blood was everywhere around his legs and the floor underneath him.

“Get Juhyun out of here,” he said and grabbed Doojoons arm. “I’ll cover your back”.

Doojoon nodded and carefully stood up, before he reached down and grabbed Junhyuns arms and threw him onto his own back. With fast steps, he walked towards the door behind them.

------------O--------------O------------------O----------------------O-----------------O---------------------O----------------------O---------------------O------------------O------------------

Author's Note:

Another chapter, more fabulous grammar!

The next chapter I'm gonna post is probably gonna be the last one! So I hope that you gous have been enjoying this story so far!