Chapter 26

Attention

Chapter 26

Hyuna carefully raised her hand and knocked on the door.

The couple that had followed her home had left a long time ago. She had been wandering around, back and forth in front of the door. Her heart had been beating fast and she had had a lump in . She felt like fainting at any time.

She closed her eyes and whispered a small prayer when the door suddenly was opened. She stiffened for a moment until she raised her head and saw her mother in front of her. She hadn’t changed much except for the few grey hairs here and there.

“Umma..”

He mother threw herself at her and pulled her into a tight hug. Hyuna felt a hand her hear as sobs escaped her mother’s lips.

“You are home… You are home,” she kept mumbling as she held her daughter close.

After they had been standing like this for a while, her mother pulled back and placed her cold hands against Hyuna’s cheek. Hyuna felt her mother’s eyes wander up and down as she looked at her.

“Your hair,” she said and grabbed the short, blonde locks.

“I know,” Hyuna said and grabber her hand to pull it away from her hair. “Let’s go inside”.

Her mother just nodded as she grabbed her hand and dragged her inside. The house hadn’t changed much; it was still the same old pictures on the walls and the same furniture and plants. They walked towards the kitchen hand in hand.

“Look who’s home,” her mother said as the stepped inside.

Hyuna’s father looked up. He was sitting by the table with the newspaper in his hands, but as he looked up the newspaper fell from his hands and he immediately stood up. With fast steps he walked towards them and embraced Hyuna into a hug.

She heard a few sobs escape him until he pulled away and did the same thing that her mother just had done. He smiled down at her before he carefully pulled her towards the chairs and sat down.

“Do you want anything?” her mother asked and placed her hands on Hyunas shoulders. “Some water? The? Food?”

“No thanks,” Hyuna said and smiled at them both. “I’m fine”.

Her mother nodded and rushed towards the other side of the table and sat down beside her father. They were both looking at her, taking in the sight before them, until her mother opened and spoke: “Where have you been?”

Hyuna felt a smile disappear and looked down at her hands. She suddenly felt insecure, scared, as she fumbled with her fingers. She already knew that she couldn’t tell them, but it was still torturing her heart.

“Away,” she mumbled and looked up.

“Away,” her father mumbled, obviously not satisfied with the answer. “Hyuna you gotta tell us something”.

“There is nothing to say,” Hyuna said and leaned back against the back of the chair. “I’m home now and I’m fine… that should be the most important thing right now”.

Her mother sighed and slowly, almost shaking, stood up as she walked towards the kitchen window. She hugged herself as tears started to fall.

“Did he do something to you?” Her father asked and grabber her hands and held them in his.

“No,” Hyuna said a bit low. “Like I said I’m fine… He treated my nicely”.

Her father nodded a bit, still holding her hands as he looked down. Like her mother, he had gotten a few grey hairs here and there. He looked tired, worn out, and for a second she felt guilty. She had worried her parents, made them panicked and scared.

“Who was it who took you?” Her father asked a bit more serious.

“I wasn’t kidnapped,” Hyuna said, this time a bit more annoyed. Her father was once again about to open his mouth to speak when a few knock suddenly could be heard. The entire kitchen became silent as the all stared at each other, waiting for something to happen.

Hyunas mother sighed once again and left the kitchen to open the door.

They only waited; none of them looked at each other as they sat there in silence. They could hear her mother speak as well the voices from the strangers. Their conversation only lasted a few minutes, when they heard the door being closed.

The sobs from her mother was what gave her away. Hyuna slowly turned around on the chair only to see two policemen standing in the middle of their hallway, both looked strictly down at her.

“Kim Hyuna,” they said.

She felt her heart skip a beat as she nodded.

 

 

The wind was pulling in his silver hair as he ran as fast as he could. The wind was harsh against his kind and clothes as he ran and jumped across branches and stones. His pants was clinging to his legs after a fall into the river.

God, why had Doojoon been such a fool!

He felt like screaming as he exited the forest. The car was gone. It wasn’t parked behind the trees like yesterday.

“Hyunseung!” Yoseob yelled behind him.

Hyunseung screamed and kicked towards the ground, stone and earth flying towards the nearest tree. He grabbed his hair and slightly pulled at it before he felt himself fall down. Sitting on the edge of his heels he sighed over and over again, trying to catch his breath.

“Hyunseung,” Yoseob mumbled carefully as he stepped closer.

“How could he be so stupid?!” Hyunseung screamed and jumped up once again. Out of the corner of his eyes he saw Yoseob walking closer and before he knew of it, his fist flew backwards and then rushed forward.  

His fist collided with Yoseob cheek as the other boy fell to the ground with a loud unf. Hyunseung quickly straddled the boy and automatically hit him over and over again until he felt himself calm down.

Yoseob hadn’t done any resistance. He had only laid there underneath him, accepting the punched and waiting for Hyunseung to calm down.

Hyunseung was out of breath as he grabbed the edges of Yoseobs shirt and slowly lifted the boy from the ground before he pushed him back down again. He felt himself lean forward until his forehead rested against Yoseobs shoulder.

“She is never coming back,” he whispered out of breath.

Yeoseob didn’t say anything, he only stayed silent. He knew Hyunseung, he knew how he could react and right now, it was only a question about time before he would calm down and they would head home.

“She is never…” Hyunseung mumbled and slowly sat up again. Without muttering another word, he stood up, pulling Yoseob with him.

The two boys looked at each other for a few minutes before they walked back towards the hut. Yoseob arms was dragged over Hyunseungs shoulder as they supported each other, stumbling from time to time over rocks and branches.

“She’ll come back,” Yoseob whispered. Every time he spoke he could feel pain running across his entire face. He couldn’t help but curse at Hyunseung, why was it always him who ended up getting hit over and over again.

“She won’t,” Hyunseung said and carefully helped Yoseob down into the water of the river.

“She stayed when the cops got you” Yoseob said and started to walk again. “She even came to us when you needed help… She stayed even though she probably should have left… I would have left.”

“You are also stupid,” Hyunseung laughed and lifted the boy upon his back as they got onto land again. Yoseob quickly hit Hyunseungs shoulder but decided to stay calm. He would do anything to avoid Hyunseungs wrath once again.

As they neared the hut the spotted the rest of the members. They were all standing outside, looking towards the road they had come from, even Dongwoon was there. He was leaning up against Gikwang, who shook his head as he noticed Yoseobs face.

“I’ll go find the first aid,” He mumbled and walked inside with Dongwoon. 

------------O--------------O------------------O----------------------O-----------------O---------------------O----------------------O---------------------O------------------O------------------