Chapter 25

Attention

Chapter 25

Rain had started to fall outside, the drops that hit the roof was what woke her up from her sleep. Her hands clung to the blanket as she slowly sat up. She felt her eyes wander around the room, expecting Hyunseung to be by her side but he was not.

She let a hand run through her short hair before she swung her legs over the edge of the bed. The cold floor beneath her feet made Goosebumps appear over her entire body, before she stood up and walked towards the door.

The room she entered wasn’t that big. In front of her that was a couch where Dongwoon was sleeping on. On the floor beside him, Doojoon and the rest of the guys slept. In the other end of the room, there was a small kitchen with a few cabinets that hung from the ceiling. A small table had been placed underneath one of the windows.

Hyuna glanced towards the sleeping boys. They were a mess of limbs, arms and legs were tangled together as they laid beside each other in front of the fireplace.

She embraced herself as she walked towards the front door, carefully opening it in an attempt to sneak outside without waking the others.

The air was cold and made her shiver as she stood on the small porch. With bare feet, she sat down on the small stair and looked around. There was nothing but trees in front of her and a few bushed here and there. Everything was so quite that she felt herself relax and her eyes getting heavy.

She was a mess. She was tired, her legs were tired and she just wanted to sleep, but for some reason her brain forced her to stay awake. She had stayed in bed for a while, listening to the rain, but after a couple of minutes, she realized that sleep was a thing she wouldn’t get any of.

Her jaw was resting against her chin, when she heard the door behind her open. A blanket was carefully placed over her shoulder, the warmth immediately spreading across her body.

She looked up to see Doojoon smile down at her, before he joined her on the stairs.

“Can’t sleep?” He asked her and looked around.

She nodded and looked back towards the door the see if someone had followed him.

“It must be scary,” he said and looked down at his hands before he looked up at her. “To be a part of all this… I mean, not all people can handle something like this… You are doing well”.

For a second she felt guilty. After Hyunseung had left her in the bedroom, she felt a bit out of place, like she wanted to go home and hide underneath her blankets and pillows. For the first time, she actually missed the strict rules and her overprotective parents.

“Is he angry?” She asked looking down.

“He is not,” Doojoon answered and linked his arms around his knees. “He’s just caring and doesn’t know how to show if he is bothered by something… He’ll be good again”.

Hyuna nodded and grabbed the blanket around her before she leaned up against him. She gulped before she looked up at him and blinked a few tears away.

“I think…” she started and looked out towards the many trees. “That I want to go home”.

She felt him stiffen under her cheek as he moved a bit around, either nervous or uncomfortable.

“What?” he whispered out without looking down at her.

“I want to go home,” Hyuna said and slowly stood up. “I’m obviously not wanted her anymore… Hyunseung is mad at me and if I have to be honest, I’ve caused him too many troubles”.

“Don’t say that,” Doojoon said and looked up at her with an almost pleading look in his eyes. “Even though I’ve only known you for two days, I know that Hyunseung doesn’t want to leave. If you had caused him too many troubles, he would have kicked you out a long time ago… He let you stay”.

Hyuna just shook her head and headed towards the door and let herself inside. With fast steps, she walked towards the sleeping boy on the couch and put the warm blanket over him.

She was about to leave, when she noticed a familiar silver colored hair between the mess of people. Hyunseung was sleeping beside his “brothers”, looking relaxed and comfortable. She smiled at the sight before her. Seeing him so relaxed and safe was a relief to her. He almost looked a child sleeping beside his parents.

“Will you take me home tomorrow?” She asked as she heard the front door open behind her.

“If that’s what you want,” Doojoon said and walked over beside her. “I want to thank you… If it wasn’t for you, Hyunseung would still hate us…”

“You’re welcome,” she mumbled and left him alone in the living room.

She had prepared herself for no sleep that night, but after a as the clock passed midnight she felt herself fall into sleep. She dreamt that night. Her and Hyunseung was sitting back in his small house, both of them being beside each other as they looked out of the small window, enjoying the boring view of sand and corn. Hyunseung was hugging her, holding her tight against his chest as he from time to time kissed her neck and chin.

She was relaxed in his embrace, enjoying their time together, but deep down she knew that it wasn’t real. 

She had not slept for that long when she felt a hand shaking her awake. Tired, she rubbed her eyes to see Doojoon standing above her, looking down at her with a set of clothes in his hand.

“Get dressed,” he said and threw the clothes at her before he turned his back towards her. “We’ll leave before the others wake up”.

She only nodded and started to dress as fast as she could. Being thankful that Doojoon brought a long shirt instead of the t-shirt she had been wearing for the last couple of days. She hadn’t even pulled the shirt over her head before she felt a jacket behind shoved into her hands.

“it’s cold outside,” Doojoon said as he walked towards the door.

Hyuna looked at the jacket before she swallowed. The jacket was Hyunseungs. She recognized the red and black check pattern on the thick jacket. Her hands held onto it a bit before she finally swung it over her shoulders and followed Doojoon.

The living room wasn’t dark any more, light was streaming inside from the bright heaven outside. The boys were still sleeping, none of them even as much as moved as they walked across the floor.

“We gotta hurry,” Doojoon said and closed the front door after them. Hyuna nodded and walked as fast as her body allowed her to.

They walked in silence; none of them said anything as they walked towards the car they had left on the field. The area around them had turned from dark to a pattern of red and orange colors, making the forest look as if it was on fire.

Doojoon was the one to drive. They had a long trip before them; having to avoid the small town they just had come from and then take the long way to Seoul. None of them spoke as they drove. Doojoon avoided all the car-filled roads; he kept to the smaller ones where there would be no cars.

Hyuna thought that they would use the most of their day on reaching Seoul, but she was surprised when she suddenly noticed the tall buildings and small houses that surrounded the city. It had only taken them a couple of hours to reach the city.

Suddenly Doojoon stopped the car.

“I can’t take you home,” he said and looked at her.

She just nodded before she thanked him and got out of the car. The wind was cold and pulled in her clothes as she pulled the jacket around her body. She gave him one last wave before she started to walk towards the city.

She knew he couldn’t take her home, since he would be stopped by the cops before they even got a chance to enter the city. She had to walk from here.

Even though she was tired, she kept walking. Doojoon had left long time ago and was probably near the hut now.

Hyuna stretched her entire body up towards the skies, a sigh leaving her lips as she got closer and closer to the big city. She couldn’t but feel a bit happy about going home. Hopefully her family and especially Joon and the others would forgive her, if not… she would try her best to accept it, even though she doubted that Joon would forgive her after he got shot in the leg.

Being in her own thoughts, she did not notice the car that stopped in front of her until a woman stopped her. It was an older woman with black hair tied into a tight bun on top of her head. She was wearing a thick jacket and a pair of old boots, on her hands, she was wearing a pair of gloves. Behind her, her husband stood a bit hesitant, hand on the now open car door.

“Honey?” He called out carefully.

The woman kept staring at Hyuna, until she opened to speak: “Aren’t you that girl who got kidnaped?”

Hyuna, a bit shocked, looked around. Kidnaped?

“No, I’m…”

“Yes… yes you are!” The woman suddenly interrupted, the gloved hand finding its way up in front of in shock. “Come on, sweetie, let’s get you home!”

Still shocked, Hyuna felt a pair of arms grab hers as she almost was lifted from the ground and brought towards the car. She felt awkward, sitting there on the backseat in a couple of stranger’s car.

“Tell us where you live,” The woman said, her voice shaking. Hyuna told them her address and for a split second her heart skipped a beat. She was going home. She was really going home to her parents again.

She sighed and closed her eyes, finally allowing the sleep the take her. 

------------O--------------O------------------O----------------------O-----------------O---------------------O----------------------O---------------------O------------------O------------------