Chapter 10

Attention

Chapter 10

With the cigarette in between his fingers, Hyunseung was sitting outside. The sun was shining directly towards his face, blinding him from time to time whenever he turned his head the wrong direction.

He could still feel the adrenaline rushing through is veins as he sat there on the doorstep to his house. His hands were slightly shaking, and sometimes it was even hard to get the cigarette to his lips. Slowly he glanced back. Hyuna was sitting by the table with a piece of paper in front of her. He had absolutely no idea about what she was doing, but right now it was not a problem, the real problem was the fact that Dongwoon had looked at her that way. He was quite sure on that Dongwoon would not forget about the company he had had with him.

He could feel the anger boil up underneath his entire body as he stood up and threw the cigarette away from him. He watched it as it landed in between the tall grass… If he did not do anything about it, it would probably start a fire or something.

His eyes were on the smoke, which slowly started to rise from the cigarette, before he with a sigh walked over and stepped onto it. He could not risk it starting a fire. As he turned around, he spotted Hyuna standing in the door, looking out at him, as she held the doorframe with both of her hands.

He placed his hand over his eyes so he better could see her. She had a worried look on her face, as he walked towards her.

“Are you alright?” she asked as he stopped in front of her.

“I’m alright,” he sighed and looked towards the road where they just had been parking for a couple of minutes ago. If he had to be completely honest, he appreciated Hyunas concern. It was rare that people worried about him. 

She slowly took a few steps back as he stepped inside. He watched her as she slowly backed towards the chair and let herself fall down. He couldn’t help but worry about her which frustrated him. He had only met this girl a few time, but still… He didn’t want to see her suffer like this. He could see that there were something which bothered her.

From the first time he had seen her by the train he had had a hard time to forget her, and then the second time… He was oddly enough happy to meet her again, even though it was under bad circumstances.

“Are you alright?” He asked and slowly looked down at her.

She just nodded and slowly grabbed the paper on the table and began to tear it apart. The air was filled with the awkward silence, no one dared to say a word, not even himself. Without as much as looking at her he walked towards the other end of his “house” and let himself fall onto the bed. The sheets were soft, they almost immediately send him to dreamland, if it wasn’t for the figure which slowly placed itself beside him.

“I’m kinda tired,” Hyuna said as her hand clenched and unclenched around the white sheet.

Without even thinking he stood up from the bed and looked down at her. Slowly she sat up and looked directly into his eyes.

“I’ll drive you home,” he said and turned his back towards her as he walked towards the kitchen, where he grabbed the keys.

“Wait, what?!” Hyuna outburst and jumped up from the bed as she followed Hyunseung. “You made me leave the school, which I’m probably going to get trouble for, and then you’ll just take me home… Hell no!”

Hyunseung turned around and looked straight at the girl, who now had her arms crossed with her head turned away from him. He could not help but sigh, why did girls always have to be so stubborn? Why couldn’t they just listen?

He just wanted to get her home before they returned. He knew in that moment, when he had seen Dongwoon and Dujun, that he was in trouble and if Hyuna was dragged into this, there was no way out… and he didn’t want to see her get hurt or anything. She didn’t deserve to be a part of his troubled life, she wouldn’t fit into it.

A sigh escaped from his lips once again as he quickly grabbed Hyuna’s arm and started to drag her out from the “house”. He wouldn’t let her stay there all by herself.

“Why are you suddenly acting like this?!” She yelled as her feet touched the sand outside.

“Call Gina,” he just said and opened the door to the car. Without any kind of hesitation he pushed Hyuna inside the car and immediately walked over to the other side. To his luck, she didn’t try to get out of the car or threw a tantrum at him when he started the engine.

They drove in silence. No one would say anything, only the sounds from the passing cars or the music from bars and clubs could be heard. It was only until Hyuna found her phone and called Gina that the silence were broken.

“Turn left here,” Hyuna suddenly said as the drove down the road. Tall apartment buildings where right beside them, blocking the sun from reaching down towards them as he parked beside the sidewalk.

The atmosphere around them were thick as they sat there, looking straight ahead of them. He wanted to look at her and tell her that there was a reason for his suddenly “acting strange”, but he couldn’t… he couldn’t tell her anything and it hurt him.

“I’m sorry Hyuna,”

The words wasn’t even supposed to be said, but he just had to do it, even though it was wrong. He knew that he hadn’t been fair towards her and he knew that she deserved an explanation, but not now… it was too early.

“It’s alright,” Hyuna sighed without looking at him. “I guess”.

Once again, the awkward silence showed up, but it wasn’t there for long.

“Gina is waiting for you,” Hyunseung said and started the car once again. Hyuna just nodded before she slowly reached for the car handle, when a pair of arms suddenly locked themselves around her. She sat there, frozen, waiting for something to happen.

“Once again, I’m sorry,” Hyunseung said and finally let go of her. She didn’t say anything, she just opened the door and left. In that moment the door closed, he banged his head against the steering wheel. He hands locked themselves around it as he finally looked up and stared at the back of the other car right in front of him.

“I’m so stupid,” he mumbled to himself as he left the parking spot, driving down the road and leaving the city. Even though he had promised himself that he would never see them again, he had to know why they had showed up at his home.

Carelessly he left the entire city behind him as he started to recognize the dusty roads and fields beside him. He drove for hours, or at least it felt like hours. He only met a few cars on the road, but it wasn’t something to brag about.

It wasn’t until he spotted the two small buildings that he began to slow down. The black cars were parked right outside and was no covered in a few drops from the now grey, almost black, skies.

He sat behind the steering wheel for a couple of minutes. He must have gone crazy, he had promised himself that he never would show up at this place, not after what had happened the last time he had been here. It was all bad memories from his past, which he should have forgotten a long time ago. It was like a stitch, which now was being teared(?) open.

He took a deep breath as he finally opened the door and got out. The cold wind hit him as he slowly walked towards the buildings, taking the surroundings to him. It hadn’t changed much since the last time he had been there, it was almost scary.

As he got closer to the buildings, he felt his heart beating faster and faster. He quickly found a cigarette from his pocked and placed it between his lips and lit it up. He took a deep inhale before he showed his hands into his pockets once again, as he saw the figures he recognized from his past sitting by the fire only a few meters from him. 

------------O--------------O------------------O----------------------O-----------------O---------------------O----------------------O---------------------O------------------O------------------

Author's Note:

Sorry about the slow update, and the short chapter!!! >_< I feel like a bad person for keeping you guys waiting!

I have been busy with a huge assignment, and I want to admit that I haven't been feeling well these last couple of days. Stress is suddenly getting to me... And as always I'm sorry about the grammar mistakes, but i'm too lazy to read it through.
I don't know if you can say "teared" since my computer said you couldn't, but the internet said I could, so....

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, as I tried my best to make it from Hyunseungs side. 

~ Bye for now! 

And please comment or vote, or anything else <3