Chapter 2

Attention

Chapter 2

With her chin resting against her palm, she stared directly towards the blackboard with emptiness in her eyes. Boredom, to be more correct.

History wasn’t exactly her thing. She couldn’t understand, what good there were about to know when and why the things in North Korea were as they were or how the second world war started and ended. She didn’t even want to work with any history related things in the future, then why keep listening in the lecture?

With a sigh she turned around and looked towards Sohyun, who was sitting in the back of the class, writing notes like her life was depending on it. Every time, she would look up and down, up and down and then write as fast as she could.

“Even looking at you, gives me a headache,” Hyuna mumbled to herself and turned towards the blackboard again, which now was filled to the edge with sentences and different years and events.

Their teacher turned towards them with the chalk in her hand as she opened her moth and began to speak. In that second the first words left , Hyuna could feel her brain start to shut down, as she ignored every word there was been told.

“And that was the days lecture, see you guys tomorrow,” their teacher said, as Hyuna almost jumped up from the chair, like someone just had set it on fire.

“Sohyun!” she almost screamed as she ran towards the table where Sohyun was sitting and packing her stuff in her bag. “Hurry up~!”

The girl was like always slow and took her time to place her bogs in order, while Hyuna was leaning over the table, jumping a bit in impatience.

When Sohyun finally got the bag on her back, they finally left the classroom and walked down the hall, where millions of voices and different laughter could be heard. The hall was like always filled with student, who were all wearing the same kind of uniforms, which were consisting of either blue-ish pants or skirt, a white shirt and a blue blazer.

“Why are you always so busy?” Sohyun complained as Hyuna dragged her behind her towards the cafeteria where Joon were waiting for them. They were a small group consisting of Hyuna herself, Sohyun, Joon and a few other student, who were a class over them.

“Because, you are slow,” Hyuna answered and walked towards their usual spot. “And my revenge is to make you hurry up!”

She quickly pushed Sohyun down onto the spot beside Joon, before she let herself drop down on the other side of him. Joon quickly turned towards her and gave her a huge smile.

“Hi Hyuna,” He said and pushed some of her long brown hair, behind her ear. “Did you sleep well after last night?”

Hyuna quickly flashed him a smile before she answered: “Of course, I’m fine”.

Lie, lie, lie and more lies. She always said that she was fine, just fine, but deep inside herself, she knew that it was one of the biggest lies she ever told herself. If she should use those words, then she had to be free, then she would have been allowed to do whatever she wanted to.

“Hello everyone!” Gayoon said as she showed up with Jiyoon and Jihyun behind her.

“Oh God, I’m so tired!” Jihyun almost yelled in that second she landed on the seat, her head immediately colliding with the table in front of her, before she earned a smack on the head from Jiyoon.

“Yah, don’t be like that,” she said and crossed her arms. “Always so lazy and boring”.

Hyuna couldn’t help but smile, but her smile quickly disappeared again. Her eyes landed on Gina, who was standing a few meters away from their table. Gina was one of the older students, a senior. Hyuna and her had been friends for a couple of years, they had meet each other in the beginning of High School, where Hyuna had been lost in the chaos of people.

“I’m just going to the bathroom,” Hyuna said before she stood up and started to walk towards Gina. As she walked away from the table, she could feel the others eyes on her, following her out of the cafeteria. She did her best to ignore them and only shook her head. They didn’t have to worry about her.

“Hey Gina,” She said as the two girls reached each other.

“Hi Hyuna, how are you?” Gina answered and made a grimace, when Hyuna just pulled on her shoulders. “Great… But, uhm… Tonight there is this party at The Downtown, I just wanted to hear if you'd liked to come? Some people from my class talked about going there, and I thought that it would be great if you joined us”.

Hyuna quickly looked down as her brain slowly started to work faster. Should she go or not?

“The Downtown?” Hyuna asked and looked back towards the cafeteria, to see her friends still sitting by their table. “What kind of place is that? I haven’t heard of it before”

Gina laughed and placed her hands in her pockets of her uniform before she answered: “It’s lying near Jung-gu so we can easily use the subway. I want to be honest with you and tell you that it’s not the best people who comes there, but apart from that, it’s one of the best places to lose the control”.

Hyuna bit her lower lip and looked up at Gina before she nodded.

“It sounds fun,” she said and smiled. “What clock do we meet?”

“I’ll just come and pick you up around o'clock, alright?” Gina said and grabbed her phone to write something down. “It’s nice you want to join me for once Hyuna, see you tonight then”,

“Yeah,” Hyuna said before she turned around and started to walk back to their table, where ten eyes immediately landed on her.

“You took your time,” Gayoon said and looked towards the door, where Hyuna and Gina just had been standing a couple of minutes ago. “Was there a lot of people at the bathroom or something?”

“Thousands,” Hyuna said, feeling how the doubt slowly started to crawl over her mind as her eyes meet Gayoons. She knew that Gayoon knew she lied to her, but right now she had made her decision and no one was supposed to change her mind.

They shared a couple of moments in silence before the bell suddenly rung and called them all back to the classrooms. The few hours of the shcool day, were gone quicker than expected and before she even knew about it, she was on her way home.

With her phone in her hand, she quickly pushed the front door open and stepped inside. She was meet with silence. Nobody was home, so she had some time to get ready before her parents would start questioning where she was going. She quickly ran up the stairs towards her room and then towards the closets, where she quickly found a dress for the night. The dress was in black and gold with small fringes and a pair of matching shoes. Every time she thought about going out with Gina, she always thought of wearing that dress. It was a dress she had received from Gina on her birthday a couple of years ago, but because of its length and look, she hadn't really got a chance to wear it.

With a satisfied smile she eyed the dress which now were placed on her bed. It was almost shining as its colors stood out from the white covers and pillows. Her heart was beating fast, as the idea about what was gonna happen tonight crossed her mind. She was excited and almost happy that she could go, but at the same time she had never felt more insecure than she did right now. What if her parents found out? What if Joon and the others did?

She quickly shook her head and grabbed her head.

“You have to go Hyuna,” she mumbled to herself. “Don’t be a chicken, you can’t let them control your life any more!”

She opened her eyes and saw her reflection in the mirror. She bit her lower lip and tried to put on a smile, but it looked fake and she immediately let it drop again. Why did everything have to be this hard?

She sighed before she started to undress.

The hours passed by and before she even knew of the, the blue skies had been replaced with a dark one, and the sun had been replaced with the big, shining moon. The street lamps where shining and made almost scary looking shadows appear on the walls in her room. Silence was the only thing, which could be heard, not even a bird or the wind were making noises. 

She was standing by the window, looking down at the street, when a black car pulled up by her house. She grabbed her purse and ran downstairs, with the sound of her heels hitting the floor repeatedly following her.

She took one last glance inside her home, before she locked the door and ran towards the car. She quickly got in, and turned towards Gina as they were driving towards the subway.

“Thank you for joining me,” Gina said and gave Hyuna a big smile.

“I should thank you, for wanting me to come,” Hyuna said and smiled. All the regret and anger she had felt before was now being replaced with excitement, it was almost before she could call it adrenaline. It was like an adventure, sneaking out and living her life.

They reached the subway underground and found their train. It was already filled with people who either were drunk or passed out on one of the benches. Some were even sitting on the floor laughing and smiling with a bottle of Soju in between their hands. 

“There is one thing I need to tell you, before we enter the club,” Gina suddenly said and pulled Hyuna closer to her. “Stay with me the entire night, don’t leave and don’t go with someone, you hear me?”

Hyuna looked up at Gina with questioning eyes. What did she mean by that? Why would she go on her own? She had already told her that The Downtown wasn’t one of the nicest places, so why would she leave like that?

“I don’t understand, why you worry so much,” Hyuna said with a smile on her lips. “but I promise I won’t!”

“Good,” Gina said and looked up again. The rest of the trip was filled with silence, and before they knew of it they were standing in the middle of Jung-gu. The big city was filled with tall buildings and colorful lights like Seoul were, people were walking around every corner, laughing and having fun. Cars could be heard everywhere, just like the music from the many different clubs. The club they were looking for, were almost impossible to overlook. A big red neon sigh hung on the building with the words “THE DOWNTOWN” shining down on people.

Gina grabbed Hyunas hand before she pulled her towards the queue of people.

“I’m so excited,” Hyuna said and grabbed both of Ginas hands and squeezed them hard. She could feel her heart best hard and fast in her chest and her legs shaking from excitement. She almost felt like jumping up and down, and screaming towards the skies.

As they got closer to the doors, squealing could suddenly be heard which got the two girls attention. They both turned around and saw a couple of girls leaning up against each other with their hands placed in front of their mouths as the laughed and blushed like a couple of seasangs.

“What’s wrong with them?” Hyuna said and held onto Ginas arm.

Hyuna looked around in an attempt to figure out what made the girls so upset, when her eyes landed on someone. She slowly looked up, when her eyes meet a pair of brown eyes staring directly into her own. 

----------O-------------------O------------------O----------------------O------------------O------------------O-----------------O------------------O------------------O-----------------O----

Author's Note:

Uhhh, who did Hyuna see? *the biggest question ever!*

I have no idea if this chapter turned out good or bad >_< 
But like always, I hope that you guys liked it, and didn't find it too boring ^^ 

Thank you for subscribing and commenting!