Chapter 7

Attention

Chapter 7

 

Silence… Silence was the only thing she could register. Pain was everywhere, everything hurt, her legs, her arms, even her mind, and the silence did not make it any better.

She tried to open her eyes, but nothing seemed to happen. She wanted to open them, to figure out if she still was alive or not.

The silence was suddenly being broken by the sound of a car driving outside. A few minutes passed by, where the only thing she could hear was the sound of tires against stones. A heartbeat, a sign of life, her heart was beating, it was beating faster and faster for every second there went by.

A door was opened and step could be heard. Something, which sounded like glass, hit something hard, as the sound of steps approached her. She wanted to scream, call for help, she wanted to get away, but no sound escaped from her lips.

Without a warning, her eyes slowly started to open. Light, there was so much light, shining down onto her like she was in heaven. She tried to lift her hand, to block the light out, but she could not get the control over her body.

A few seconds passed by, where she tried to get the control back, and finally she could open her eyes. She blinked a couple of times and tried to get the dizziness away, when a pair of hands touched her arm.

“Come on,” a deep voice said as it tried to encourage her.

A sand colored ceiling was the first thing she saw, white walls and white bed sheets surrounded her. A small “closet” in tree was standing in front of the “bed” she was lying in, only leaving a small amount of space in the room she was in.

The person, who had been sitting beside her, suddenly left.

Hyuna slowly sat up and let her tired eyes wander around the room she was in. It turned out that it was not a room or a house for that sake; it was so small and almost nice. A small kitchen, which was considering of only one row of kitchen tables, cabinets hung on the wall where she spotted a few plates and glasses. A small table was right in front of the kitchen, with two chairs. It was all painted in light colors, which made it all seem very welcoming.

“Where am I?” She mumbled to herself, as she tried to stand up, but immediately feel down again. The bed beneath her was not soft, as she had expected, but hard as stones because of the thin madras.

Slowly she began to stand up again. With her hands against the cabinet beside her, she supported herself down towards the kitchen, where the smell of smoke immediately hit her. She coughed a couple of times, before cold air suddenly hit her.

The door was open.

A weird feeling spread across her entire mind as she stared at the open door right beside her. She felt like a prisoner, who finally got a chance to flee, to escape from the horrible past and experiences.

Hyuna grabbed the edge of the kitchen table, as she stepped outside. A gasp escaped , as she stared into… nothing. She was in the middle of nowhere.

Sand was lying everywhere, green and yellow grass was everywhere around her. There was no trees, only the dried nature, which had been killed by the heat from the sun.

Her entire body was shaking as she took another step. Her bare feet burned under the warm sand, but right now, she could not do anything about it, there was other things on her mind. Where was she? What had happened after she saw that car?

What if she had been kidnapped?! What if she was about to be sold to erted men, who only wanted her for her body?!

Hyuna quickly let her hand run over her face before she began to stumble towards… Anywhere. She was dizzy and a headache was killing her. Yesterday had really been bad.

She had not come far before a voice got her attention.

“Hyuna”.

She slowly turned around only to feel relief taking over her mind. She placed her hand against her beating heart before she began to walk back towards the almost familiar person, who now was waiting for her.

“Hyunseung,” she sighed, before she reached him and let him follow her inside once again.

“Are you alright?” He asked and supported her until she sat down on the nearest chair in the kitchen. He could see that she was tired, but right now, he could not let her go anywhere, not when she was like this. Exhausted and totally lost.

Hyuna looked up to see Hyunseung standing right in front of her, with his hands placed on her shoulders. His brown eyes were staring down at her with worry; his silver-ish hair was messy, like he just had woken up. He was wearing a grey shirt, with a black pair of jeans. An old pair of converse was clinging to his feet.

“Where am I?” Hyuna asked and grabbed his wrist to remove his hand from her arm. Right now, she just needed to be cooled down; his hands were warm against her skin.

“Yeah,” he said and smirked before he looked down, as if he was a blushing school girl, apart from the fact that he wasn’t blushing, nor a girl. “Welcome to my home”.

Hyuna slowly let her eyes wander once again over the new environment.

“Your home?” She asked, not able to understand how someone could live like this. There was not much space to deal with, and at the same time, there was so warm, as if somebody just set the entire place on fire. It was not what she would call a home, since whenever people mentioned home, she always had imagined a house, with a small family living in it.

“Yup,” he said and crossed his arms, before he turned around and grabbed a glass from the counter, which he quickly filled with water.

Hyuna thankfully accepted the glass and took a sip from it. The feeling of the cold water running down was the most satisfying thing she had felt in a long time. In that second she had woken up this morning, had been dry and almost killing her.

 “Can I ask you about, what you were doing here?” Hyunseung asked and placed his arms on his hips and looked down at her.

Hyuna could not help but feel like a child, who was scolded by its parents. She could not help look down at her now intertwined fingers.

“I just wanted to have some fun,” she sighed and looked up at him again. It was kind of a lie, since she actually came her because she wanted to see him, but that was a thing, she never wanted to admit!

“Have some fun?” he asked and suddenly sounded angry.

“Yeah,” Hyuna said and looked away, as she spoke. “Just… fun”.

She heard him sigh again, as he found the familiar pack of cigarettes. Even though she still was looking down, the smoke hit her like somebody just had thrown a buck of water towards her.

Slowly she looked up and met his eyes. He quickly looked away and walked over to the door, where he threw the cigarette out, before he once again turned towards her.

“Let’s get you home,” he said and grabbed the black leather jacket, which had been hanging on the door to the bathroom.

Hyuna wanted to protest, to tell him that she wanted to stay just a few more minutes or maybe hours, but the look in Hyunseung’s eyes almost screamed at her, screaming that she should not say anything and just follow.

Slowly she got up from the chair and walked towards him, when he reached the jacket towards her. With questioning eyes, she looked up at him with a raised eyebrow.

“Wear it,” he said and waited for her to take the jacket.

With almost shaking fingers, Hyuna grabbed the jacket and put it on. It was warm, warmer than she had expected. She had imagined that the leather would be cold against her skin, or maybe even sticky, but it was nice and comfortable.

Both of them stepped outside. Hyuna followed Hyunseung over to the other side of the “house”, where the first thing she saw was a grey car, which was parked in the shadow of the house. It was not one of those expensive cars you always saw in movies but an old looking car, which seemed to be able to stop working any second.

Hyunseung quickly got into the car and started it. Hyuna came in right beside him, as they slowly started to drive down a dusty road, away from the “house”.

Now Hyuna had a chance to get a look at the place she had been brought to. Sand, sand and more sand. A few trees here and there and a few houses. That was what she saw before they entered the town.

She had imagined that Hyunseung would leave her here to get home by herself, but to her surprise, he drove her all the way to Seoul.

“You remember where I live?” She asked and looked at him with a smile, as he turned around the corner and drove down the small road towards her house.

“Yes,” he said and looked at the different houses they passed by. Each one of them had a room lit up, where you could see people walk back and forth.

Hyuna sighed when the car slowly stopped and she saw that they had reached their destination – her home. She slowly turned towards Hyunseung, when she noticed that he was looking at something behind her. Slowly she turned around, and felt herself getting dizzy. On the porch of their house, her mother was standing with Gayoon and Joon. The three of them looked up, when they noticed the car.

“….” Hyuna mumbled and felt her heart beat faster and faster, as Joons facial expression immediately changed, when he saw her. 

------------O--------------O------------------O----------------------O-----------------O---------------------O----------------------O---------------------O------------------O------------------

Author's Note:

GO WRITERSBLOCK! 
I have absolutely no idea about what I'm doing, so I'm sorry if this chapter was boring or anything.

But even though it might have been a boring chapter, I hope that you guys liked it, and will continue to read my story ^^

~ Bye for now! 

And please comment or vote, or anything else xD