Chapter 11

Attention

Chapter 11

With careful steps, Hyuna walked up the stairs towards Gina’s apartment. Her hand was resting on the railing as she looked back a couple of times, probably hoping that Hyunseung would come running up the stairs to tell her to come back… but he didn’t.

She was angry. She wanted to know why he had acted that way and most of all, why he didn’t want to tell her anything. She wasn’t stupid, she knew that he was hiding something from her, but that he was too stubborn to tell her, but on the other way, she was too stubborn the let it go.

As she reached the door to the familiar apartment, she knocked on it twice and waited. The apartment building wasn’t that small. The hallway was long and light, white floors and walls and big windows by the end. Different kind of plants and pictures were placed here and there, to give the cold room some warmth.

A couple of seconds passed by before the door was opened and Gina showed up in her school uniform.

“Hyuna, what are you doing here?” She asked confused and looked down the hall.

“I’ll explain later,” she said and walked past Gina into the apartment.

“You aren’t the kind of type to leave the school in the middle of the day,” Gina said with a smirk on her lips as she followed Hyuna towards the kitchen. Her arms were crossed over her chest as she studied the girl reaching for a glass and filling it with water. She knew that Hyuna never would skip school like this, she knew how strict her parents were, but for some reason she liked the fact that Hyuna actually dared to do it once.

“I know, but…” Hyuna sighed and took a sip from the glass. She turned towards Gina again and couldn’t help but smile. “Hyunseung showed up”.

“Aha,” Gina said and sat down on the nearest chair as a smirk came across her lips. “Soooo, what did Hyunseung do?”

“Don’t sound like a ert,” Hyuna said and sat down in front of her. “We just went home you know, to his home, house thing, but… as we got there, two guys were waiting for us and Hyunseung suddenly changed, like I don’t know what happened. One moment he was like smiling and having fun and then the next he was all serious and cold, like he was ready to kill someone!”

Gina just nodded, trying to understand what her friend was telling her. She had known Hyunseung for a couple of years now, talked to him a couple of times, but those few times were enough to get to know him. She knew that Hyunseung had been into troubles before, but she also knew that he was a good person despite his past, that was the reason she trusted him to be with Hyuna.

“He ordered me to stay in the car and then he just walked out and talked to them, and then they just left, like that. He was mad or seemed mad, I don’t know, after that, and then he wanted to take me over to you and then….”

Gina looked up from her hands. Hyuna was looking down at her intertwined fingers, biting her lip nervously as a shaking sigh escaped her red lips.

“And then what?” Gina asked placed her hand on the table right in front of Hyuna to get her attention. Hyuna looked up with a sudden smile on her lips, her cheek were red from blushing and her hands were constantly moving in her lap. She reminded her of a girl who just talked to her crush for the first time.

“He hugged me,” Hyuna sigh as she realized what she just had said… “I mean, he just hugged me… that’s it”.

“Yeah, something so simple,” Gina sighed, smiling over her friend’s innocence. “Hyunseung is a good guy, I understand you, and he is hot as well, I mean look at the boy!”

“Yah, Unnie, stop it!” Hyuna yelled and stood up, hitting the older girl in front of her. “Don’t say things like that!”

It became silent between them again as they both sat in front of each other with small smiles placed on their lips. The silence were almost comforting as they sat there in the small apartment, listening to the noises from the city.

Hyuna looked up at Gina and smiled. Oh God she was in trouble, but that didn’t matter right now, she actually felt wanted and almost loved by Hyunseung, only Gina or Joon did that.

She slowly felt her smile disappear at the thought of Joon. He must have been angry when she just hung up like that. Quilt washed in over her like a wave from the ocean, and she suddenly didn’t feel so good any longer, not even the thought about Hyunseung hugging her could make the quilt go away.

“I should call Joon,” she mumbled to herself and carefully placed her phone on the table beside her hand. Gina nodded and slowly stood up mumbling something about “letting you two get some peace to talk” as she left the kitchen, closing the door behind her.

Carefully she found Joon’s number and called him and put it on speaker. Resting her chin against the table, she looked down at the phone, feeling her heart beating faster and faster for each second passed by. She had absolutely no idea about how he would react to her call. Would he be happy that she called and told him that she was alright? Would he be mad or would he feel relieved?

It felt as if the time had gone slow, seconds became minutes and minutes became hours, at least that was how she felt sitting there behind the table with her eyes fixed on the phone in front of her. A few seconds passed, when the phone finally was picked up.

Hyuna?” Joon asked carefully.

“Joon,” Hyuna just said and looked at the screen as if she expected him to show up.

A moment passed by where none of them spoke, they were left to wait for the other to speak, to just say something. Hyuna had no idea about what to say, she just felt like she had to call him, maybe to assure that everything was all right.

Are you okay?” Joon suddenly asked with a hit of worry in his voice.

“I’m fine,” Hyuna said and felt a smile spread across her lips. He cared, he had not left her completely. “I just wanted to… tell you that I’m with Gina right now”.

Silence.

“Joon?”

Yeah, that’s good, Hyuna,” he said and sounded a bit relaxed compared to when he had picked up the phone. “I’m glad, I know that you are somewhat safe with her, but do you want me to come and pick you up or something?”

Hyuna thought about it for a while, she knew that it wasn’t “safe” to go home since she knew her parents probably would kill her, but… It probably would be for the best, or maybe she could stay with Joon and just, talk or something?

“If you don’t start yelling at me or something,” Hyuna said and placed her elbows against the table as a sight escaped her lips.  “But I don’t wanna go home”.

Okay,” Joon said. “I’ll come and pick you up, and I won’t take you home even though…. Your parents would probably like to see you”.

“I doubt that,” Hyuna said and felt a bit of anger rise inside her. Yeah, they had missed her... bull. She knew that they only worried about her school, they only wanted to see her good grades etc.

“Hyuna, don’t act like that…”

“I’m just saying the truth,” Hyuna sighed and hung up without saying goodbye. She knew that Joon would start arguing once again if the continued that way, and she definitely wasn’t in the mood for arguing.

She sat in the kitchen for a while, waiting, listening, when Gina showed up. She was leaning against the doorframe, her arms crossed over her chest as she looked at Hyuna with a smile on her lips. Probably showing up because of the silence that came after their conversation. Hyuna looked up at her and smiled slowly standing up from her spot and walked over to Gina, giving her a hug.

“Thank you,” she said as she hugged the taller woman, her hands holding each other behind Gina’s bag. After a couple of seconds she felt Gina’s arm locking themselves around her as well. The two girls stayed like that for a while, they were just standing in the kitchen, hugging and enjoying the moment together, until Hyuna’s phone started vibration across the table. Joon had arrived.

After saying goodbye to Gina, she left the small apartment and walked down the stairs, until she reached the front door, which she without trouble pushed open. The first thing she spotted was Joon’s car, which was parked right in front of her.

Joon quickly got out of the car and walked over to her with big steps. His arms locked themselves around her before he let her go and looked down at her.

“You are okay,” he said and placed his hand against her cheek before he turned around and walked towards the car and opened the door so she could get inside.

They drove in silence, to where Hyuna didn’t know. They didn’t leave the city like she had done with Hyunseung, they drove down the streets until Joon parked beside a small fence made out of stones. Hyuna looked around and immediately recognized the area they had entered. They were right outside the park.

“What are we doing here?” Hyuna asked and looked at Joon, who slowly got out of the car without saying a word. She felt frustration build up inside of her… Something was wrong, Joon wasn’t acting as his usual self, he seemed gloomier, maybe even a bit angry or confused.

Without hesitating, she jumped out of the car and followed him towards the park. The walked in silence, not even the screaming and laughing children’s voices could reach them or the wind, which were pulling in the threes. Parents were running back and forth when their children had gotten themselves into danger on the climbing frames, dogs were barking and running after each other, and cars were honking in the distance.

Joon suddenly stopped and turned towards Hyuna, as he grabbed her hands and pulled her towards the nearest bench. The sat down, looking at each other before Joon opened his mouth and spoke:

“Please listen to me just this once,” he begged and kept holding her hands in between his.

She knew what he was going to say, and she knew that she didn’t like it.

“What happened Hyuna? Why do you suddenly act like this? I mean, the Hyuna I know didn’t skip school, she didn’t go to parties – and yes, Gayoon told me about you hanging out with Gina at The Downtown – and she didn’t hang out with troublemakers!” Joon said almost yelled in frustration.

Hyuna wanted to pull her hands away from him, but his grip was tight.

“Why do you have to bring this up all the time?” Hyuna said and sighed. “Why? Seriously? Joon I’m not dead, I’m still her and I’m not hurt… I’m here, and I’m fine, I have never been better!”

She felt pathetic, she felt like she was pleading and begging for him to accept how she was. She knew that it shouldn’t be that way! He should accept her and not try to change her. Her entire life had been a lie, she wanted to do things which people didn’t allow because it wasn’t “decent”. Now, because of Gina and most of all, Hyunseung, she could do those things which she always wanted to do!

A thing she hadn’t predicted was that, people would freak out about it so much… 

 

------------O--------------O------------------O----------------------O-----------------O---------------------O----------------------O---------------------O------------------O------------------

Author's Note:

Hello Guys!

Finally, I pulled myself together and wrote a chapter! Sorry if it's boring, I'm kinda lost with this story since I have forgotten my original idea with this story, so now I kinda have to "start over" with it :/  BUT  finally have summer break/vacation and I will try my best to update as much as possible!

Like always, I hope you still likes this story and don't think it is too boring or anything - which is my biggest fear xD

 ~ Bye for now!