Chapter 20

Attention

Chapter 20

Hyuna opened her eyes to feel cold air against her . Blinking a couple of times, she finally pulled herself together to lift herself from the bed and looked around. The sound of the shower running could be heard and it brought a smile upon her lips, as she let herself fall down into the sheets again.

Nuzzling her head against the pillow underneath her head, she thought back to last night events. Hyunseung had gotten so mad, that he almost had kicked a hole into the wall, to make their so-called neighbors shut up. It was only around three in the morning that they finally had quiet down.

Slowly she got out of the bed, a shiver running through her entire body as her feet met the cold floor beneath her. Wrapping her arms around herself she walked towards the small kitchen counters and looked at the bag there was standing in the middle of the all.

With one hand she carefully opened the bag and spotted two cups of coffee and another small bag, which she guessed, had some bread inside it.

The water from the shower stopped, which made her look towards the door, there slowly opened. Out stepped a wet Hyunseung with only a towel around his waist. If this had been a couple of months before, she would have blushed herself to death, but now she only enjoyed the sight of him.

“Good morning,” he said and walked towards her to give her a short kiss on the lips.

“Good morning,” she answered and grabbed the bag to bring it to the small round table, where all of their clothes and bags laid. With one hand movement, she pushed all the clothes down onto the floor as well as their bags and jackets.

She turned around to grab two plates and when she turned back around once again, she saw Hyunseung sitting by the table, now wearing a pair of pants. His stomach was pale and defined by muscles that easily stood out against the pale skin.

“What is the plan for today?” Hyun asked and sat down in front of him.

He looked at her and then towards the window, where a few muffled voices could be heard from their lovely neighbors.

“We’ll probably leave,” he said and took a sip form the cup as he sat down.

They sat in silence and ate their food, the only thing they could hear around them was the sound of their neighbors arguing and the cars that passed by. It wasn’t until Hyunseung grabbed the remote and the TV, that they heard their own names from the screen. Both of them turned towards the small TV and once again they found themselves starring at their pictures, only this time things were a bit different.

Suddenly Hyunas parents showed up on the screen, both with tears in their eyes. They begged the “kidnapper” to bring her back and “don’t hurt her”, they even said that they wanted to do anything to get “their little girl” back.

Hyuna couldn’t help but sigh as she stared at her parents faces. Yes, she missed them, but at the same time, she wouldn’t go back, she had a new life now and she had Hyunseung, it didn’t matter that she had to be on the run the entire time.

“Do you miss them?” Hyunseung suddenly asked.

She looked towards him and was almost shocked as she looked into his eyes. She could see the guilt burning inside them, the way his hands were fiddling a piece of paper from the bag almost made her feel guilty.

“Sometimes,” she said and leaned back, not taking her eyes away from the silver haired boy. “But it’s okay… I don’t miss my old, boring life”.

She didn’t like to see him this way, she wanted him to know that she was happy with the way her life was now, she wanted him to know that she was happy with him being with her. A smile formed on her lips as she remembered the first time they met, it had been so chaotic, that it almost had been romantic and Gina… How was she? She hadn’t even thought about her before now… Was she okay? Did she miss her? Did she look after her like her parents did?

“Don’t feel guilty,” She mumbled and looked back towards the screen, where the reporter was standing in the middle of nowhere, in front of a too familiar house. She heard Hyunseung snarl beside her, as they watched the police leave and enter his home. Thank God, they had everything they needed with them.

“They shouldn’t be there,” Hyunseung sighed and stood up. With fast steps he grabbed the nearest shirt and put it on, when he suddenly stopped. “Turn off the TV”.

Doing as she was told Hyuna turned if off and stood up: “What’s wrong?”

Hyunseung walked towards the window and closed the curtains before he stepped towards the door and locked it.

“The police is outside,” he sighed and grabbed his leather jacket. “We’ll just stay calm and leave when they are gone”.

Hyuna nodded and grabbed her jeans and shirt and put it on. Both of them walked towards the window where they sat beneath it and waited. For what, none of them knew. They held each other’s hands as they waited, both of their hearts beating loud and hard in their chests. Hyuna felt a bit of adrenaline run through her as her hands and legs shook from time to time.

They could hear them walk outside, looking inside of their window and knocking on the door before they announced their presence.

Hyuna looked at Hyunseung, who held a finger in front of his lips, indicating that they needed to stay quite. She nodded and glanced up to see a shadow looking in. She wanted to run towards the bathroom and hide, but if she did that, they would be noticed and caught.

Suddenly she heard and clicking noise and looked towards Hyunseung, who now was sitting with a gun in his hands. His eyes were turned towards the window, where we watched the police officer looking inside.

“If they don’t leave, we’ll leave through the bathroom window,” he whispered and carefully moved his feet so he was ready to run if he had to.

Another knock could be heard, when another voice suddenly joined them. Hyuna recognized it as the man they had met in the reception, of course, he would be on alert, the police had probably shown him a picture of them. They talked about them, he told them that he knew they were in there, probably hiding somewhere.

“They will kick the door in,” Hyunseung whispered and grabbed her arm. Suddenly out of nowhere, they door was kicked at and Hyunseung pulled both of them up and pushed her towards the bathroom. Another kick to the door was what it took for it to break down and fall straight towards the floor.

Without hesitation, Hyunseung fired a shot and ran after Hyuna. The bathroom door was closed and locked as Hyunseung stepped inside the shower and used his elbow the smash the window. Blood was running down his arm as the glass was broken and the door behind them was kicked at like the front door. With his bloody elbow he pushed the sharp pieces of glass out and grabbed Hyuna. His hands locked themselves around her waist as he lifted her up and almost pushed her out of the window. His heart was beating fast; a hint of fear could be seen in his eyes as he watched himself in the mirror. He had to get her out no matter what.

When she was out, he grabbed the edge of the window and pushed himself up. With half of his body out of the window he threw the gun towards Hyuna when a pair of hands suddenly grabbed his legs. He kicked around as he felt small pieces of glass cut into his stomach and sides.

“Dammit,” He yelled, when he felt his foot collide with a face and a curse sounded behind him.

“Hyunseung!” Hyuna screamed his name as she tried to reach for his hands. Her heart was beating fast and her sight was blurred by tears and panic. Her hands were shaking as her sweaty hands locked themselves around his strong ones. “Don’t let go!”

He felt another pair of hands around his legs, when he let go of Hyunas hands to push against the wall. He was tired and his arms was shaking every time he pushed his body away from the open window, where a single drop of blood now was running down.

He wanted her to run, he wanted her to get away.

“Hyuna!” He called and caught her attention. He could see the panic in her eyes, she was unfocused and scared. “Run!”

“Are you crazy?!” She yelled and grabbed his wrists as she tried to hold him down.

“Just do it, god dammit! Just run! Get out of her!”

She didn’t listen, she didn’t want to listen, she wanted to stay with him.

It was like everything was in slow motion, one of his hands let go of the wall and collided with her shoulder as he pushed her away as hard as he could. She felt her legs give out underneath her as she fall backwards and landed on her back, her elbows scraped over the asphalt. She saw as he tried to push himself away from the men, when his arms suddenly gave out and he was dragged inside.

Tears streamed down her face as she stumbled up from the ground and ran. She ran as fast as she could, she rounded the corners of the building and ran towards the car, where she ripped the door open, grabbed the keys from the glove compartment and drove away.

Her heart was beating faster and faster, it wasn’t until she had been driving for about 15 minutes that she started to relax and realize what just had happened. It felt like everything inside of her exploded as she screamed as loud as she could, her fists hitting the steering wheel over and over again, until she took one last breath and focused on the road.

He was gone.

They had taken him away from her…

------------O--------------O------------------O----------------------O-----------------O---------------------O----------------------O---------------------O------------------O------------------

Author's Note:

Finally, another chapter!

And it is Christmas and I don't have to go to school, it is absolutely wonderful! I hope that you guys liked this chapter - especially the ending!
Originally I wanted them to escape together, but why not create a bit of chaos now that it is Christmas! ^^ 

I wish you all a merry Christmas and a happy new year - promise me that you will take care of yourself! 

~ Bye for now!