Chapter 13

Attention

Chapter 13

Slowly she opened her eyes only to be meet with a blinding light from the window right above her. Slowly she sat up, immediately getting hit from a headache, which forced her to lie down once again. Grabbing her head, she looked to the right and saw Hyunseung lying beside her.

A blush immediately spread across her cheeks as she noticed that he wasn’t wearing any shirt at all. Carefully she lifted the thin blanket as a relieved sigh escaped her lips. Her dress was still on… thank God!

Carefully she pushed herself up again; the world was now a spinning mess as she slowly stood up and stumbled towards the kitchen. The first thing she noticed was the girl who was lying on the floor, who she had to step over, the second thing she noticed was another girl who was lying on the two chairs in the kitchen, in only her underwear.

“Oh God,” Hyuna mumbled to herself as she quickly found a glass from the cabin above the counters and filled it with water. The feeling of the cold water running down was the most relieving thing she had felt in a long time, it even took away of her headache.

The sound of the snoring people in the house was the only thing that could be heard. Hyuna sighed before she slowly walked towards the door and pushed it open to be met with a wall of cold air. Shivering, she stepped outside and took a deep breath. Right now, she needed some fresh air and not the stuffy air inside the house.

After a couple of minutes, she decided to turn around again and step inside again, but she was met with a half Hyunseung standing in the door looking down at her. His eyes were half shut as he looked up towards the sun.

“Good morning,” He mumbled and stepped outside, the sand immediately sticking to his feet.

“Morning,” Hyuna mumbled.

Before she even knew of the Hyunseung stepped closer to her as he grabbed her waist and pulled her closer towards himself. His lips landed on hers as his hands began to slide lower and lower until they rested right on her hips. She couldn’t hold the smile back as she felt his hands lock themselves around her, she liked the feeling of him holding her like this, she felt safe.

“Tired?” He asked as he pulled away, still looking down at her.

She only nodded, immediately regretting it because of the sudden headache, which just had decided to return. 

“Let’s go back inside then,” he said and grabbed her hands.

Hyunseung carefully stepped over the sleeping girl before he once again fell, head first, onto the madras. He grabbed the covers and quickly placed it over himself and Hyuna. Once again, his hands found their way around her as he pulled her closer.

“Who are those girls?” Hyuna asked and looked towards the other part of the house, were she could see the legs and feet from the two girls.

“I don’t know,” Hyunseung sighed and looked towards them as well. “I don’t remember inviting them... nor ever seeing them before”.

“What are you gonna do about them?” She asked and looked up at him. It was the first time she ever experienced to wake up with strangers in her house. Every time Gina had told her about how she had woken up with strangers in her apartment, Hyuna had thought it was impossible to do, how could you invite people home without even realizing it? It just sounded so strange to her, but once again, her “innocence” was proved.

“Probably kick them out when the wake up,” Hyunseung said and sat up. “Or… maybe… now”.

Hyuna stayed in bed as she watched Hyunseung leave. He literally jumped out of the bed and walked over and grabbed the nearest girl’s arm. Before the poor girl even got a chance to wake up, she was being pushed out of the door, hitting the sand with her elbows first before she realized what just had happened.  Not a minute after, the other girl was being thrown out of the door, landing right beside the other girl.

Without saying a word, Hyunseung closed the door and locked it before he waked towards Hyuna again. She couldn’t help but laugh when he threw himself at the bed right beside her. He had a smirk across his lips as he looked up at her.

“That was mean,” she said and laughed, when he suddenly grabbed her around the waist and kissed her.

“I know,” Hyunseung said and ran a hand through her long brown hair. “But sometimes you just need to be rude… They wouldn’t have left if I had asked them nicely”.

For some kind of reason, Hyuna just nodded. It wouldn’t surprise her, if what Hyunseung said was true. If she had been the one, who had woken up at some strangers house and had hang overs, she probably wouldn’t leave either.

Both of them stayed in bed for the rest of the day. Not even after a couple of minutes both of them feel asleep. It wasn’t until the sound of the clock, that Hyunseung had hung over his bed, rung before Hyuna woke up.

Beside her Hyunseung was sleeping with the blankets tightly around him. She held her smile back before she carefully left the bed and walked towards the kitchen. At some point she expected to see the two girls sleeping outside on the ground, but to her surprise, they were gone. She hoped that both of them had gone home safely and now was ended in some kind of ditch somewhere.

As silently as possible, she poured herself a glass of water before she sat down at the nearest table. Looking around, her eyes landed on a couple of pictures which hung on the wall, right above the sink. Slowly she got up from her spot and walked towards the counter until she had to lean forward to see the persons on the different pictures.

She didn’t recognize one of them.

Her eyes wandered across the pictures until it landed on one of them. On that picture, she recognized three people and for some kind of reason, she didn’t like it at all. She recognized Hyunseung and then the two guys she had seen outside of Hyunseungs home a couple of weeks ago. She didn’t recognize the last two.

They were all dressed in black, standing in front of a couple of cars in the middle of the desert. A fireplace was in front of them, where two girls were sitting, smiling towards the camera. It looked like any other normal photo, if it wasn’t for the two baseball bats which were lying in the background and a single gun resting in the hand of one of the guys.

Slowly she took a couple of steps back until the back of her legs hit against the chair as she sat down. Hyunseung wasn’t that kind of person, wasn’t he? He weren’t with those people any longer?

Automatically her eyes found their way over to the sleeping Hyunseung. She suddenly felt nervous, why, she didn’t know. He hadn’t done anything bad to her, the only thing he had done was to protect her, which she was quit happy about.

“Hyunseung,” she whispered in an attempt to see if the boy still were asleep.

No reaction. He was still asleep.

A sigh escaped her lips as she started to look around again. Her eyes wandered over the cabinet whit the glass doors in them. The kitchen cabinets were filled with plates, glass and pictures, in one of the cabinets a pile of papers were placed.

She was about to stand up, to join Hyunseung in the bed once again, when her eyes spotted something in one of the cabinets. A smirk crossed her lips as she felt the curiosity build up inside of her. She took one last glance towards the sleeping Hyunseung, before she opened the glass door and pulled out the small, black box she had spotted.

She placed it on the table before she carefully removed the lid.

The lid immediately feel from her hands and landed beside her feet, her eyes fixed on the now open box. Her eyes roamed over the black gun as well as the silencer. hung open as she carefully let her fingers run over the hard material. Once again, she had no idea about how to react. Should she get mad? Scared? Happy?

A trembling breath escaped her lips before she placed her hands against the counter to support herself.

“Oh God,” the words slipped from her lips, as tears started to well up in her eyes. Why was she reacting like this?

A lump had gathered itself in her neck as she grabbed the lid and placed it on the box again. With trembling hands, she grabbed the box and placed it on its previous spot and closed the cabinet.

She stood in the kitchen for a while before she stumbled outside. She needed air, she needed to get outside to think.

“Don’t judge him, Hyuna, don’t judge him,” she mumbled to herself as she walked around in circles with her hands placed on her hips. Her heart kept beating fast in her chest and her hands were still shaking. “He hasn’t used it... What am I saying… I don’t know”.

She quickly stopped, and took a deep breath before she quickly walked inside again. As fast as possible, she grabbed her things and walked outside once again. She didn’t want to be there, she wanted to go home and think.

After a couple of minutes she was already out of breath. The sun was killing her and the lack of wind was also a part of making her “death” quicker. When she reached the main road she pulled out her phone and called Gina.

“Yah, Unnie can you please come and pick me up?”

It depends, where are you?”

Hyuna quickly gave her the name of the road and began to walk towards Seoul. She didn’t want to wait by the end of the road since she knew that Hyunseung could show up any moment if he had woken up.

Not even ten minutes had passed, when Gina came and picked her up. To Hyuna’s luck, she didn’t ask any questions at all, nor did she try to make a conversation with her, she only did what she had been asked to. Not even when Hyuna exited the car and her phone had been ringing constantly, did she ask her about it, she just left the driveway in silence.

When the car had turned around the corner, Hyuna decided to walk towards her house. With a sigh of relief, she stepped inside and hung her jacket on the coat rack and was about to take her shoes off, when a knock on the door could be heard.

With one shoe in her hand, she turned around and opened the door. The shoe she held, felt from her hand as she stared into the face of a man, she just had seen on a picture, a couple of minutes ago. 

------------O--------------O------------------O----------------------O-----------------O---------------------O----------------------O---------------------O------------------O------------------