Chapter 16

Attention

Chapter 16

The next day Hyuna woke up to the feeling of water hitting her face. With an annoyed growl, she opened her eyes to see several of raindrops falling down from the roof. Slowly she sat up and felt a bit of water run down her face before she ran her hand over her forehead to remove it.

“Aish,” she sighed and stood up as she felt something against her feet and ankles. Slowly she looked down and noticed Hyunseung sleeping on the floor with a blanket over him.  A smile found its way on her lips as she slowly stepped over him without taking her eyes away from his sleeping figure.

The floor underneath her feet were cold and made her shiver as she walked towards the small kitchen. She placed her hands against the counter as she sat down in an attempt the find something for breakfast.

As she sat there, she remembered what Hyunseung had told her. Were the after them or something? Should she be scared? Should the magically disappear?
She hadn’t imagined that Hyunseung’s story would be so… dramatic. She had expected something like… he was in a gang and had stolen some things here and there, maybe he had been on drugs, but nothing like this. He had actually killed people, innocent people.

What should she do?

No, what should they do?

Slowly she looked back at Hyunseung. To her surprise he was looking straight at her with a little smile on his lips.

“Good morning,” she said and finally stood up, her knees hurting a bit after being in the same position for God, knows how long.

“’Morning,” he said and stretched his arms out in front of him. “Sleeping well?”

She pulled onto her shoulders as she walked towards him. She wanted to ask him for help, she wanted to know what was gonna happen to them, she had to know what she needed to be prepared for.

As if he had read her mind, he carefully grabbed her knee and slowly pulled it towards himself to show her that he wanted her to sit down. With a smile on her lips she fell to her knees and let him pull her completely down so they now were lying beside each other.

He slowly began to her hair as he held her in his arms.

They spend a couple of minutes like this, until Hyuna asked him the question she had been thinking about the entire morning.

“What are we gonna do?” She asked and looked up at him. He didn’t even look at her as he kept her hair. His eyes were fixed on the fireplace in front of them, the fire of course had gone out a long time ago.

He didn’t know the answer. If he could, the first thing he would have done, was to grab everything he owned and drive away with her, take her to a place where he knew that both of them would be safe. He couldn’t do that, he couldn’t take her away from her family and friends.

“We stay silent,” he said and finally looked down, his eyes meeting hers. “Try to attach as less attention as possible”.

She nodded her head and looked towards the windows. Everything was painted in grey colors outside, the rain kept falling and made the sight horrible. The wind was pulling at the top of the trees, making them lean to the side from time to time.

Hyunseung suddenly stood up as he walked towards the chair in the corner. His shirt had been abandoned there when he had went to bed. He quickly grabbed the soft material and threw it towards Hyuna.

“Wear this,” he said and walked past her, towards the kitchen. “It’s cold in here”.

Hyuna just nodded as she pulled the shirt over her own clothes. She heard Hyunseung fumbling around in the kitchen as she walked towards the fireplace, where she did her best the make the wood stand up against each other. Why was it now that Hyunseung had made it seem so easy yesterday?

After a couple of tries, the wood was finally standing up against each other, and with a satisfied smile she slowly threw the match and smoke began to rise from the wood. She waited a couple of minutes, when fire slowly rose from the wood.

“I need to get us some food,” Hyunseung suddenly said as he walked towards the door. “Don’t open the door for anyone… Stay silent and if something happen, call me”

She just nodded and watched him leave. As the door closed behind him, she immediately felt her heart skip a beat. Fear slowly spread across her entire body as she stared towards the door. What if someone showed up?

Without thinking further about if, she ran across the room towards the nearest window, where her hands clutched the fabric of the curtains as she pulled them close. She ran from window to windows as she closed the nature and light out, she only stopped when every single source of light was locked out.

A bit out of breath, she walked towards the fireplace and sat down in front of it. She hugged her knees towards herself as she stared into the fire.

An hour passed before Hyunseung finally showed up. To her surprise, he was carrying several of bags. She immedaitly stood up and ran towards him as he placed the bags on the kitchencounter with a smile on his lips.

“Sorry it took so long,” he said and turned towards her with a smirk on his lips.

“What did you buy?” She asked, not even mad about the fact that he spent an hour shopping for stuff.

“Take a look yourself, “ he said and left her by the counter.

Carefully she peaked into on of the bags and found a couple of jeans and a black turtle neck shirt, as well as a normal white shirt. In the other bags she found their breakfast and some other food for the next couple of days.

“Whoa!” She couldn’t hold her excitement back as she held the black shirt up in front of her self. “It’s so pretty!”

She was about to turn around towards Hyunseung to show him what she was talking about, when she froze. He was standing with his shirt in his hands, which meant that she now could see his entire, chest. She immediately felt the heat rise to her cheeks as she eyed his abs and chest.

Slowly, as if she hadn’t seen him at all, she turned around and looked down. If he hadn’t seen her staring, then there wouldn’t be any awkward atmosphere later on.

“You like it?” Hyunseung asked as he suddenly appeared behind her with his chest pressed up against her back. Her fist tightened as she held the fabric in between her hands, her cheeks once again heating up the thought of him right behind her… half .

“Y-yes,” she stammered, still with her eyes on the black shirt. “I-it’s pretty”.

“Try it on then”

WHAT?!

She immediately felt her entire body relax as he took a step back to give her some space. With her back turned towards him, she carefully grabbed the ends of her shirt. He had probably seen a lot of girls like this, he was used to it, it was just as normal to him as it was for her to stare at people with alcohol and cigarettes. She kept thinking the same things over and over again as she closed her eyes and pulled the shirt over her head.

Almost done, she thought as she reached for the black shirt, but she never got a chance to get it as a couple of arms locked themselves around her waist in a back hug. His grab around her was tight as he held her against his body.

“I like you,” he said with a smile on his lips as he looked down at her. She couldn’t help but smile as she heard the childish tone in his voice. “I really like you… So… Do you wanna stay with me?”

“Hmmm,” she said and looked up at him, with a tint of red across her cheeks. “The thing is that, I really like you too, so I guess… I’m gonna stay”.

“Sounds good,” he said before he bend down and placed his lips against hers. Her hand landed on his cheek as she pulled him closer. The lips kept moving against each other as she almost had stand on her toes to reach him. He kept pulling her closer and closer as his arms were right under her chest to hold her.

After a while, both of them pulled apart to get some air into their lungs. As fast as she could, Hyuna quickly pulled the black shirt over her head and smiled as it fit her perfectly.

“I knew it,” Hyunseung said and turned her around so they now were facing each other. “It fits”.

She only nodded and grabbed some of the food from the other bag. She was about to say something, but Hyunseung was faster.

“After we have eaten our breakfast, we leave,” he said and walked towards the fire place, where his jacket was sprawled across the floor to dry. “We can’t stay here for long”.

“Where are we going this time?” She asked as she was about to cut the price tags off the clothes he had bought.

“I don’t know,” He answered and sat down on the couch. “Maybe… We should flee to North Korea?”

“Forget it,” Hyuna said and grabbed a pack of noodles and threw them on the table. “Then I’d rather stay here… But, Hyunseung… What about home?”

Home… She had to go back to see her parents and Joon and the others. They had to know that she left, so they wouldn’t call the police or something.

“Home,” he mumbled and looked back at her. “We cannot go home… Our home doesn’t exist anymore”.

------------O--------------O------------------O----------------------O-----------------O---------------------O----------------------O---------------------O------------------O------------------

Author's Note:

I'm such a lazy author... It's crazy... and I just realized that the chapters aren't that long... Now, I kinda made myself dissapointed....