Chapter 4

Attention

Chapter 4

The light flashed before her eyes, as she stood on her bare feet in the middle of the train. Even though everything around her was lit up, the lights from the tunnel still made her dizzy. Her hand was closed around the pole beside her as she leaned up against it. 

Right beside her was the silver haired Jang Hyunseung standing. He was standing with his face focused on something in front of him while Gina was sleeping in his arms. Safe and sound. Under the entire ride, he had been standing with her sleeping in his arms like they were a just-married couple. 

Hyuna grabbed the pole with both of her hands and let all of her body lean against it, instead of just her shoulder. Tiredness was almost killing her. 

“Are you alright?” a deep voice suddenly asked her, which made her look up.

Brown eyes stared down into her own.

“I’m fine,” she answered and looked around after an empty seat. Even though it was around midnight, there were still a few people with the train, most of them were taking up most of the seats, either sleeping on them or having thousands of bags placed beside them.

“It’s alright to admit, if you are not feeling well,” he continued as he slowly looked down at Gina's face. The girl was a bit pale, but still with a slightly red blush across her cheeks. “There is nothing wrong with that”.

She glared up at him, only to met by a smirk and a pair of brown eyes staring down at her. She could not help but pout and ended up sighing loudly. She was tired, her legs were tired and she just wanted to go home.

“You never told me your name,” Hyunseung suddenly said.

Hyuna thought about it for a while. Was it really a good idea to tell him that? He had saved her though, but… he was still one of those bad people, she always had been warned about. 

“Kim Hyuna,” she said after a minutes of considering about what to say. “And the girl in your arms is Gina-“

“I already know her,” he suddenly said and almost looked happy, when a couple, in the other end of the train, moved to get out.

The both of them quickly walked over to the free seats and sat down. Gina was now resting on the seat beside Hyuna, leaning up against her bare shoulder, almost drawling down onto her skin.

“You know Gina?” Hyuna asked and looked up at him again.

“Yeah, we have talked a couple of times,” he said and smiled as the memories flashed before his eyes. “I have met her a couple of times, when she and her friends visited The Downtown, but it’s my first time seeing you here”.

For some kind of reason, the blood rushed to her cheeks as she quickly looked away to hide the blush, which slowly spread across her cheeks. Why did she even blush? He had only told her, that it was his first time seeing her!

“It’s my first time being here,” Hyuna said and crossed her arms, which only resulted in Gina falling down onto her lap.

“Not the greatest, first time,” Hyunseung laughed and leaned back against the hard back of the seat. “But you are both alright, so there is no more to worry about”.

Hyuna bit her lower lips as the silence once again fell over them. The rest of the ride was in silence, it was first until they reached the station, they spoke to each other… actually he just wanted to know, where Gina lived so he could get her home.

They quickly got a taxi, where Hyuna guided the chauffeur to Gina’s apartment. To her luck, Hyunseung was kind enough to follow the older girl the entire way up to her apartment, and even got her into her bedroom, after minutes on trying to find the key.

After a couple of minutes, which Hyuna spend alone in the taxi, he showed up again, and was now heading towards the small neighborhood where Hyuna lived.

“I don’t thing, I got a chance to say thank you,” Hyuna said as she looked down at her fingers.

“You’ve already thanked me,” Hyunseung said and looked outside, when they drove down the small road. “I remember”.

The taxi stopped and Hyuna quickly got out. To her surprise, Hyunseung did the same and was now following to her door.

She could not help, but notice the way his eyes wandered around as he almost judged the place she called home.

“Nice place,” He commented and finally looked down at her.

“Yeah, it’s nice,” she sighed. For some kind of reason, she had hoped for another comment, like how it looked like a rich, snobbish neighborhood or something like that. For a moment, she felt like telling him how a place like this, were not as good as it seemed.  

“And now, you are not alright,” he suddenly said and took a step back as he looked down at her pouting face. “And don’t say that you are alright, because I’m really good at telling when people are lying”.

“And how can that be?” Hyuna asked and crossed her arms. She had heard people in movies and books, saying that they knew when people were lying, and it always annoyed her, that they never questioned what the character were saying.

“I’ve been around people who lied a lot,” he said and pulled on his shoulders, as if he was innocent or something. “You learn it after a while”.

“People normally think that, a place like this is perfect,” she sighed and let her eyes wander around the nice houses and gardens around her. “But it’s not…. It’s just this whole façade, which annoys me”.

She placed her arms around herself, before she looked up at him once again.

“I know, that I have said this a couple of times now,” she started and looked away, as his brown eyes met hers. “But thanks, I don’t know, how things would have turned out if you hadn’t showed up”.

He laughed as the words left her lips, before he put his hands into the pocket of his jeans.

“You’re welcome,” he said and began to walk down the stairs until he stopped by the last step and turned around to look at her. “Take care of yourself…. Hyuna”.

The sound of her name leaving his lips, made it shiver down her back, and a blush spread across her lips. She quickly nodded and gave him one last “goodbye” before she let herself inside the house. For a couple of minutes, she stood behind the door with her hand locked around the door handle and waited for the sound of the taxi leaving.

Her heart was for some kind of reason beating fast. In all honesty, she did not know why, it felt like adrenaline was rushing through her veins as she stood there. A sigh escaped her lips as she slowly took a few steps back and walked upstairs as quite as possible.

She did not understand the nervousness that had spread through her entire body. It was not like Hyunseung had tried to kidnap her or anything, it wasn’t like he had attacked her or tried to rob her from everything she owned.

Right now, it felt like her entire mind was one big mess. People had always told her about how dangerous people from that environment was, but if they were so dangerous, why had he then saved her and Gina and even brought them home safely?

She was fine right now, she was not dead, she had gotten away with a scratch on her knee and that was it.

She immediately threw herself at her bed and looked towards the window right in front of her. Why it that people like him was described so wrong? It was not fair, but then again… she did not know him like she had known Gina and Gayoon and Joon, she had only talked to him in something like a hour. She did not have the power to judge him yet, but in that hour they spent together, he seemed fine.

Without standing up, she took the dress off and threw it in the nearest corner. Her high heels was kicked off and before she knew of it; she had got herself carried under the covers on her bed.

The warmth from the blanket was immediately dragging her to sleep, as she closed her eyes…

Cold air was slowly surrounding her as she stood there, outside in the middle of the dessert. The moon, which used the hang above her, was now gone and replaced with a forever ending, black color. Stars could be seen here and there, but right now, it was not that, which got her attention. No, it was the silence and the cold.

Goose bumps were running down her arms and legs, as she stood there, only wearing a t-shirt and a pair of white dotted shorts.

She was alone.

Slowly, she began to walk. She had no idea where she was heading, but right now, she just needed to move, to get away.

Hyuna slowly began to run, everything around her was screaming that she had to run, to escape from whatever there was following her.

It felt like forever, when two light suddenly appeared behind her. Without even realizing it, she turned around and saw an old car right behind her. For the first time, she could feel her heart beat fast, faster and faster for every second there passed by.

She quickly placed her hand right above her eyes, to block out the sharp light, when the car suddenly began to drive directly towards her. It felt like she was hit in the chest, as the panic rushed through her. Once again, she began to run.

The car behind her got closer and closer. She felt like screaming, call for help, but her voice would not come out, no matter how hard she tried to scream, no sound left her lips.

She quickly looked back, only to see the car right behind her..

She immediately sat up, the sweat running down her forehead and her heat beating fast. A hand was placed on her beating heart as she tried to calm it down. She was breathless, gasping for air, as she stumbled out of the bed and downstairs towards the kitchen.

With shaking hands, she grabbed the nearest glass and filled it with water. Cold water poured over her hands as she tried to fill it up, before she quickly placed it by her lips and took a sip.

With the glass in her hand, she let herself fall to the floor. Her head was turned towards the floor as she tried to remember the dream, or nightmare.

It had felt so real, so god damn real.

She clutched the fabric of the t-shirt, and tried to stop herself from shaking, but she could not. The only thing she could remember was the man who had driven the car, the man who had tried to kill her…

She could not forget a face like that…  

-----------------O------------------------O----------------------O----------------------O--------------------O----------------------O--------------O-------------------O---------------

Author's Note:

Dadada, cliffhanger I think! 

I really hoped that you guys likes this chapter, and that it left some of you wondering about the person Hyuna saw in her dream ;) 
The reason it took me so long is that, school has taking up most of my time. Our teachers just decided to give us tons of homework for this last couple of days, and yeah... I had to do them, unfortunately. 

But I hope that you guys still want to read it and can forgive me for my slow updates ^^ 

~ Bye for now!