Chapter 24

Attention

Chapter 24

Hyunseung fired one last shot before he quickly grabbed onto Hyunas hand and dragged her towards the back door. His grip around her hand was tight and his hand was shaking. You could clearly see the adrenaline rushing through him as he almost moved like a robot, like someone who was receiving strict orders.

Bloodstains had hit his arms and was now running down, mixing with the sweat on his skin. His white shirt clung to his back and chest as they ran, rounding every corner in an attempt to find an exit somewhere.

“The car is parked nearby,” Hyuna said and looked back. So far, no one followed them.  

“Doojoon and the others probably already took it,” Hyunseung said out of breath, stumbling a bit over his own feet. “They probably left us here to die”.

Hyuna shook her head and tugged onto Hyunseungs hand to get his attention. He quickly looked back towards her to show her that she had his attention, before he looked forward again.

“They wouldn’t do that,” she said loud enough for him to hear. “Trust me when I say that they miss you”.

Hyunseung didn’t want to listen to her. He shook his head and didn’t answer her. His thought were killing him and his head was hurting. Why had he dragger her into this mess! He should have left her alone in that second he laid his eyes on her. Gina should have told him to back off. He had destroyed so much for this girl behind him. He had taken her family and her friends away from her, leaving her alone with him. What had he done…

Hyuna felt a lump gather itself in as she watched Hyunseung disappear into himself. She didn’t say anything, she didn’t want to disturb him, right now she only wanted to get away and have Hyunseung with her.

They ran and ran, until Hyunseung suddenly dragged her towards a green door, where a small EXIT sign hung. He kicked the door open, surprised to see Yeosob standing with a gun in his hand, franticly looking around until he spotted them and a smile appeared on his lips.

“Come on!” he yelled and ran down the alley the door had lead them to.

Hyunseung hesitated a bit before he nodded and followed him.

Yeosob kept looking back from time to time, making sure that they were keeping up and didn’t get left behind.

They didn’t even get a chance to reach the end of the alley before the car pulled up in front of them. Doojoon was sitting behind the wheel while the seat beside him was free. The door was almost kicked open as he yelled for them to get in.

Yeosob quickly obeyed and jumped inside, crawling across the backseat towards the bleeding Dongwoon who was clinging to his leg. A couple of shirts had been tied around the wound, as Junhyun tried to add pressure to it.

Hyunseung threw himself onto the front seat and placed Hyuna onto his lap as they drove off.

They maneuvered the car down the many small alleys, trying their best not to get seen by the tons of people that had gathered themselves outside of the police station. They were all very aware of the fact that there might be cops everywhere around them, some may even show up around the next corner if they did not hurry up.

“Where are we going?” Hyunseung yelled and tightened his grip around Hyunas arms as he kept her in place. They were driving fast, so fast that all of them from time to time would slide to the side on the seats.

“Away from here,” Doojoon answered a bit panicked as the car flew out from the alley and landed on the main street. Cars almost ran into each other as they suddenly showed up out of nowhere. People were screaming and throwing themselves to the ground as the first drivers lost control of their cars.

It didn’t take long before sirens could be heard behind them. Two white and blue police cars were chasing after them, sirens and blinks almost going crazy on top of the car.

“Oh God,” Hyuna mumbled and looked back and forth between the police cars and the road before her. Her heart was beating fast and her body was filled with adrenaline. She was thankful that Hyunseung was holding onto her, making sure she didn’t do something crazy to get away from the stressful situation.

“Relax,” Hyunseung said and pulled her backwards against his chest.

She pressed herself against him in an attempt to get some kind of comfort. She could hear and feel his beating heart as she realized a thing. They were all scared and panicked, they just kept it all down, they stayed calm.

Hyuna grabbed onto his shirt and closed her eyes. Oh how she wished it was a dream. She just wanted to wake up with Hyunseung in their shared bed. She wanted to wake up in Hyunseungs small home and just stay there in the bed without any worries. She wanted to go home.

“Just get us away from here,” she mumbled into his shirt as she clung to him. His hand landed on her head in an attempt to calm her down as he looked towards Doojoon.

The leader had a stressed look into his eyes as he focused on not hitting any civils on the street. His grip around the steering wheel was tight and a thin layer of sweat had gathered itself on the top of the forehead.

“Relax…. Hyung,” Hyunseung said a bit hesitant as he watched Doojoon. He understood why the man was freaked out, he was after all carrying their lives on his shoulders. If he did one wrong thing, he could get all of them killed on the spot.

Dongwoon stopped crying on the backseat as only his deep breaths could be heard. Crying and panting turned into silence as they all tried their best to stay calm and let Doojoon drive in silence.

They were a team, they needed to help and support each other.

“You just have to get us out of here,” Hyunseung said and placed a hand on the drivers shoulder. “That’s all”.

Doojoon nodded and turned around a corner that would get them out of the small city.

It didn’t take more than five minutes before the buildings started to disappear around them to get replaced with wide fields and trees here and there. The police cars were still following them, but it seemed like they had gotten a lead (?)

The sirens could still be heard but they were not as loud as a few minutes ago.          

“You are doing great,” Hyunseung said and hugged Hyuna towards himself. The girl had gotten quiet in his embrace which both made him worried but at the same time relieved.

“Thanks,” Doojoon mumbled through his teeth as he suddenly turned the car away from the road. The car was jumping from the uneven fields, Dongwoons cries suddenly started to appear again every time they hit a whole in the ground. Hyunas grip on Hyunseungs shoulders tightened as they all did their best to find something to hold onto.

Doojoon continued to drive until he stopped the car behind a couple of threes.

“Lets get out,” he said and hurried out. No one asked but only followed the leader who already had gotten Dongwoon onto his back.

They all walked, supporting each other, as they did their best to get away.

Hyuna took a quick glance back towards the damaged car. It was hidden behind the trees, if somebody was gonna find it, it could only be the farmers who worked there.

“My brother used to live somewhere around here before he died,” Doojoon said and looked back at his tired friends. “He had this place where he used to go… nobody knew about it except for me of course”.

They walked for what seemed like forever until the entered a small forest where threes reached toward the blue skies. Green bushed and leaved were everywhere around them, covering their tracks. A small river could be heard not far away from them and to Hyunas surprise; it suddenly appeared right before them.

“We’ll go down here,” Doojoon said and jumped into the water.

The others followed. If the police tried to find them with dogs, they would probably have a hard time, since their scents would be mostly covered now.

They walked for hours. Their feet were hurting from stepping on rock and branches, but none of them stopped. The adrenaline they had had in their body had slowly disappeared to be replaced with tiredness. Dongwoon had gone silent once again and was almost sleeping on Doojoons back as he was carried.

Hyuna herself was feeling tired and had Hyunseung supporting her up against his shoulder. She was so close at falling asleep, that the sound of Doojoons voice almost made her jump.

“There it is,” he said and pointed towards a small hut.

Hyuna felt herself smile as they all speeded up and walked as fast as their bodies allowed, towards the small hut. It was a single-storied home with a long porch at the front. The hut was made out of dark tree and the roof was painted in a dark color with a few green spots here and there from the many trees around it.

Doojoon silently opened the door and they all stumbled inside. Dongwoon was placed on the nearest couch where his pants were torn open so his flesh wound was reviled.  The others immediately went into action and started to help their youngest member.

Hyuna wanted to stay back and help as well, but Hyunseung grabbed her arm before she did anything.

“Come with me,” he whispered and dragged her towards one of the door that lead into a small bedroom. The bedroom was small, there was only a king seized bed, a table that was pushed up against the wall and a tall closet.

“You need to rest,” Hyunseung said and carefully placed her on the bed.

To her surprise, he grabbed the blanket underneath her and pulled it away to placed it on top of her.

“Stay,” she whispered and reached out towards him, but once again she found herself surprise. He shook his head and took a few steps back towards the door before he left her alone. 

------------O--------------O------------------O----------------------O-----------------O---------------------O----------------------O---------------------O------------------O------------------

Author's Note:

All right, so I changed my mind, I will probably not end this as fast as I thought I would... I got tons of ideas in my head right now!
I finally have a holiday, so I'll try my best to update a bit more than normal!

Hope you enjoyed this chapter and remember comments, upvotes or whatever you guys wanna do, is love ;)