CHAPTER FIFTYSIX: Almost is never enough.

Who Cares If You're Older ... Doesn't Mean I Can't Love You ...

[YOUR POV]

I was sitting on the living room floor in B2ST oppas house beside Gikwang oppa to my left and Junhyung oppa on my right. We were all just sitting in the living room talking about our upcoming schedules and just stuff that has been going on since the last time we all saw each other.

 

"Hyung! Manager-hyung said that we are filming Weekly Idol tomorrow for our Shadow album promotion." Dongwoon oppa yelled aloud.

"Yes, we all know! We got it, we got it!" Doojoon oppa yelled from the kitchen. I only just laughed at the two arguing when Gikwang oppa sat in front of me, waving his hands in my face.

 

"Yah, Kim Sooyeon!" Gikwang oppa shouted.
"Mwoh?" I replied back, nodding my head forward.

"Are you really going to leave for Paris?" Oppa looked at me, curious about what I was going to say.

"I really don't know what I want to do right now. Being here in Korea and starting my career as a Korean artist is just a dream that is starting to come true, but there is obviously some thinking that I need to do and I thought that getting this choreography would help me..." I looked at oppa with a little smile and he smiled back. I couldn't help but feel so confused about what I truly want and what I feel that I want. I started tracing shapes on my leg since I didn't want to look at the oppas and making them worry about me.


"You should smile more." Junhyung oppa whispered. I looked at him and smiled back. He smiled back and shrugged my shoulder.


"Dongwoon-ah, Gikwang-ah. Start!" Yoseob oppa said from the couch and pointed towards my direction. The next thing I know, the two oppas were in my face and started poking my sides and I laid on the floor, rolling around trying to avoid them from poking my body. I stopped rolling cause I felt my phone vibrate. I slowly pulled out my phone from my pocket as I was still getting tickled by my oppas.

 

I looked at the caller ID and it read:
 

H E E - A H

 

"Yo-yoboesaeyo?" I asked pausing in the middle of the greeting because Gikwang oppa started tickling my feet.
"HAHA, oppa stop it!" I yelled and waved my phone in his face.


"Oh. You're on the phone. Oops sorry! Who is it?" He laughed and stopped tickling me as Dongwoon oppa did the same and started tickling Junhyung oppa.
 

"Uh Hee-yah? What's up?" I said and I waited for an answer, but obviously didn't get one.

"Hello? Kim Myunghee!" I yelled and all the oppas looked at me with their faces of amusement, curiosity and blankness.

 

There was finally a voice that spoke. One that I thought I wouldn't want to hear, but I felt at ease when I heard it.

 

"Sooyeon? It's Jinyoung." He said but I didn't respond. I heard him sigh and voices in the background which made me feel like I was on speaker for everyone to hear. I don't want everyone to know about my business. That is one of the reasons why I am always to myself.


"Hold on." I said to Jinyoung oppa.
 

I looked at the B2ST oppas and noticed that they were all staring at me and all I did was smile, point towards the balcony, stood up, bowed and walked towards the sliding doors, open them to the balcony and shut them behind me.
 

"What is it?" I said finally after closing the door as I looked back at the living room and seeing five pairs of eyes looking out the door. I felt bad for them because they have to somewhat be a part of this little problem that I am having.

 

"Sooyeon-ah... *sigh* Look, I know you don't want to talk to me or hear what I have to say, but I want you to know that I need to see you. I want to see you." I felt a pain in my heart. I can't lie to myself and say that I don't want to see Jinyoung oppa, or hear his voice and just hold his hands in mine. I just feel confused, frustrated and exhausted.

 

"I want to see you, but at the same time I don't. I am not going to be overly dramatic like a typical woman would be about this so I am going to be honest with you. I tried to be what you wanted, and look how that turned out. I really like you... More than I could probably like anyone else. It started with an infatuation because meeting you was like a dream, but now the dream is slowing becoming reality and I loved it. I am not going to say that I need more time, or that I forgive you because you know what kind of person I am. Hopefully, maybe I can forgive you one day but it isn't today." As I finished, I hung up because I didn't want to hear what he had left to say. I just didn't want another reason to stay and hear him out.

 

I let out of breath and sat down on the cold stone of the balcony. The coldness of the balcony felt nice against the invisible pain I was having. I didn't realize that tears were falling down my face as I just sat in the cool summer breeze. I was not in the right mind to even realize that the closest B2ST oppa, was beside me.

 

"If you need someone to cry on, you have me." He said as I watched him sit down next to me and patted his own shoulder. His little smile calmed me down. I laid my head against his shoulder as he sat there without saying anything and I just cried.

 

 

[Yoseob's POV]

 

Just watching the back of Sooyeon's head was so hard to see. I know I told her that I was going to back off and forget the feelings I have for her, but I don't think it will be that easy to do. After she was done making the choreography with Gikwang and Junhyung; she came to me and asked about my thoughts about her leaving for Paris.

 

Honestly, I didn't want to her to go because that means I won't be able to see her but at the same time that would mean that I would want her to give up her dream.

 

I didn't want to do anything like that to her.

 

As we all watched her, Junhyung hyung spoke:
"Yah, Yoseob-ah. Go outside and stay beside her." He said as he chin-pointed towards the balcony.

 

"He's right, hyung. Out of all of us, she would probably be the most happiest if she saw you beside her." Dongwoon said and Doojoon hyung just nodded, agreeing with the both of them. Instead of saying anything, I stood up and walked towards the balcony. I trusted what the three of them said because they were the closest to Sooyeon to know what would be best for her well-being.

 

I slid the door open to hear Sooyeon saying that she can forgive whoever it was that was on the other line but that day isn't today. She ended the call and crossed her arms.

 

I watched her every moment, each movement was slower and sadder than the last. I just wanted to hold her in my arms and say that everything is going to be okay and I would protect her from anything and everything.

 

I sat beside her slowly.

 

"If you need someone to cry on, you have me." I whispered and patted my shoulder. She turned around and I saw a tear drop slowly from her cheek. I didn't say or do anything after that. I left her alone, with only the comfort of my own presence to help soothe her.

 

That's when I promised myself that I will only intervene if I feel that she needs me and only when she is having a hard time. So that nothing I do will bring anymore hardship to what she already has.