Chapter 13 (1)

Itazura_Na_Kiss [Jaedae Ver.] [Discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sorry for making you guys wait for a very long time. I've (Eiqa) been very busy with college before and Daejae is busy with her work. Anyway, thanks for the new and loyal subscribers and the upvoters. Thanks for supporting this story. We love you guys.

So here, the part one. Enjoy~^^

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

Chapter 13 : Period of love (part 1)

 

 

 

The sound of the clock’s ticking can be heard clearly around the room, echoing the rather silent room at that night.

 

There was Daehyun sitting on his bed while staring blankly at the empty space in front of him. His knees were pressed against his chest as he wrapped his arms tightly around it.

 

His face showed nothing but a sad expression. He had been thinking a lot since ever he came back from his previous date with Bang Yongguk. Yongguk’s words had been lingered inside his mind for a while then.

 

“Will you marry me?”

 

Daehyun lowered his head in defeated. His mixed feeling for what just happened can’t be control anymore. He didn’t know what to do anymore. He knew he messed up. He just knew it.

 

How am I supposed to answer when you ask so suddenly?

 

Daehyun thought sadly. He let out a soft sigh before lifting his head slightly only to glance towards the ticking clock but his eyes landed on the certain photo frame instead of the said clock.

 

The first and the only photo of him and Youngjae alone together. Even though it wasn’t the best photo but to Daehyun, it was the precious thing ever.

 

Youngjae still hasn’t come home.

 

Daehyun looked over the clock, staring at the needle that moved. The time shown that it’s already midnight but Youngjae still didn’t come home from his previous date with the Himchan guy.

 

The image of the handsome male along with that Himchan guy clouded inside his mind, when Youngjae introduced him only as his friend.

 

It’s true though. He agreed.

 

They were completely nothing and Daehyun couldn’t say anything to fight against it. They were just friends and that was it.

 

Then again, he let out another desperate sigh, lowering his gaze back to his feet as he hugged his skinny legs tightly.

 

I wonder if Youngjae’s holding hands with him right now.

 

He thought. The memories of Youngjae wrapped his arms around Himchan’s body securely on the top of the bridge came into view. Daehyun frowned slightly, desperately trying to calm himself.

 

Are they kissing or something?

 

His eyes widened at his own wild thought, grasping his head with both of his hands in defeated. No, it can’t be, right.

 

My head is in a total mess.

 

He cried out, covering his eyes as a single tear dropped from his eyes. His heart was in so much pain. He didn’t know if he can endured it.

 

At the same time, Mrs. Yoo was waiting in front of the front door, walking back and forth while wearing her pajamas gown. She waited for her eldest son, Youngjae to come back from his said meeting with that so–called–Japanese guy, Himchan.

 

She kept on mumbling incoherent words while grumpily stomping her feet every time she moved in front of the door. Sometimes she will stop moving and glaring dagger at the door before huffing loudly.

 

Angrily, she started moving around because of the fact that her son was still not coming home yet. She stomped her feet a little hard on the floor, causing the wooden to creak because of the impact.

 

Again, she stopped walking and just stared at the door, raising her right eyebrow in some kind annoyed face. Taking a sharp breath, she groaned out loud while shrugging her shoulder from time to time before turning to her right and began to walk again.

 

She kept on muttering things under her breath with each step she made. Just before she turned around, the door was opened, revealing her none other than Yoo Youngjae.

 

“I’m back.” –The young man greeted politely once he entered the house.

 

“You’re late!” –Mrs. Yoo snapped out of sudden, earning a confused look yet still poker face from her son.

 

Youngjae calmly closed the door before walking inside, not really caring about his own mother who burst in anger.

 

“What’s with that incredible look?” –He asked nonetheless, looking at his mother who looked back at him with a glare and hands both curled up into fists.

 

“I heard from the director. What do you think you’re doing by attending that marriage interview?” –Mrs. Yoo explained sternly. She looked down at her son who crouched down to take off his shoes before she then continued. “You didn’t even talk to us. Just what are you thinking?”

 

Mrs. Yoo was so mad at her son who wasn’t even paying attention. He was trying his best busied himself with his shoes’ laces, totally ignoring the old woman behind him.

 

Without them knowing, Daehyun was standing near the corridor upstairs. He overheard their conversation and gasped, widening his eyes in process.

 

Jae!

 

“Even Papa is furious. He said he doesn’t remember ever requesting such a thing.” –She sternly stated. Eyes never left his son, who’s now had his back facing her.

 

Youngjae stood straight, closing his eyes for a matter of second before he opened his mouth. “It’s not for Dad’s sake.”

 

“Don’t lie! You intend to sacrifice yourself for the company!” –Mrs. Yoo snapped at him. As a mother, she knew well about her son. She knew whether he lied or not.

 

Youngjae scoffed lightly before he spoke again. “You’re mistaken.”

 

“Then why?”

 

“I like him.” –Youngjae said, tilting his head a little before looking back at his mother. His voice sounded confident and calm. Not even a slight stutter.

 

Mrs. Yoo let out a small gasp. Daehyun too, widening his eyes when reality hit him. So, that’s it. Youngjae liked him. Youngjae liked Himchan. That Japanese guy.

 

“What?” –She asked again, still unable to believe her son’s words. Who was he kidding?

 

“It’s a legitimate reason, right?” –Youngjae asked but it sounded more like a statement. He then proceeded onward towards the stairs.

 

“Jaejae!” –Mrs. Yoo called out, hoping for her son to look back or stop moving. But it seemed like Youngjae didn’t want to spare more time with her.

 

Daehyun went panicked when he saw Youngjae climbed the stairs. He looked around and quickly thought of where he was supposed to go.

 

He thought of his own room and quickly ran to prevent himself getting caught for eavesdropping. Luck was not on his side because just before he reached his room, Youngjae already stood behind him.

 

“Welcome back. You’re quite late.” –Daehyun shuttered, looking at the other with a panicked reaction as if he was caught stealing.

 

“I thought that you wouldn’t come home tonight either.” –Youngjae said as he started to walk towards his room before passing the confused looking Daehyun over his statement.

 

“You two were getting along really well after all.” –he added, making Daehyun’s eyes grew bigger.

 

Daehyun cupped his mouth in shocked. “That’s not…” He stopped his words as he realized Youngjae’s real meaning by his words just now. “That’s right. Gukkie is funny, kind… and he doesn’t say mean things like a certain someone.” –Daehyun said in a low tone, almost giving up on everything that just happened.

 

“That’s good then.” That’s what Youngjae said before he walked inside his room, closing the door behind him.

 

Daehyun leaned his head against the wall before sighing slowly, trying his best to fight the tears which threatened to flow down.

 

Youngjae, you idiot.

 

 

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

 

 

“He proposed?!” –Baekhyun shouted out loud, ignoring the weird looking he got from his other classmates. He was too shocked with the news he heard from his best friend, Daehyun.

 

“Gukkie did that?” Hyosung gasped, staring at Daehyun with wide eyes. “Well done.” –she added with a wide grin plastered on her beautiful face.

 

“So, how did you answer?” –Baekhyun asked curiously, excited to know Daehyun’s answer over the proposal he got from none other than his five years secret admirer.

 

Daehyun lowered his head, trying to hide the embarrassment he got from his two best friends. “I haven’t given an answer. I do like Gukkie, but… that’s just as a friend.” –Daehyun explained slowly, blushing.

 

He closed his eyes for a brief second while sighing softly.  “I don’t know how to respond to his sudden marriage proposal.”

 

“Oh well.” –Hyosung interrupted, eyeing her pitifully before turning her head away as she jutted out her bottom lips while closing her eyes as if in a deep thought.

 

“But frankly, I think Gukkie is a better match for you than Youngjae.” –Hyosung stated as she stared back at Daehyun who quietly sat there, silently listening his friend’s words.

 

“Well, and Youngjae now has a boyfriend too.” –Baekhyun added. He didn’t mean to make his friend sad but he knew well that Daehyun needed to move on before he got more hurt than he already was.

 

“In regards to this, think about Gukkie seriously.” –Hyosung then suggested as she thought that at least Daehyun won’t suffer much since Yongguk was just head over heel on Daehyun. And that maybe Daehyun can find his happiness with Yongguk.

 

Daehyun nodded sadly, looking at his lap as he thought back about his friends’ suggestion. He knew that both his friends wanted the best for him but by marrying Yongguk, will he really find his happiness?

 

Will he be happy? What about his feeling then? Was he willing to sacrifice his love for Youngjae? He didn’t know anymore.

 

All those thoughts only made him more sad. Baekhyun and Hyosung looked at each other before looking back at his friends sympathetically. They felt bad but this was for the best.

 

“Gukkie has always had feelings for despite yourself.” –Hyosung suddenly said. All she needed was to convince him. Not daring to look at Daehyun, she looked away as she continued. “Since you too have a one-sided relationship with Youngjae, you should know how he feels.”

 

Daehyun lowered his head. Hyosung was right like really, his friends were right. He should just give up and tried to accept Yongguk. Yongguk have love him for years yet he decided to ignore it and tried to seek for Youngjae’s love which he knew well, he won’t succeeded.

 

 

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

 

 

Daehyun wondered around his university with bag in his hand. His eyes unfocused as he walked mindlessly, not caring about anything else.

 

Hyosung certainly may be spot on.

 

He suddenly thought, closing his eyes as he kept walking. Not until he accidentally bumped into someone. His face turned red in embarrassment as he chuckled lightly, eyes wandered to the person in front of him.

 

“Watch where you’re going.” –One of the guys scolded, slightly annoyed with Daehyun’s carelessness.

 

“I’m sorry.” –Stuttering, he quickly bowed in apologized. Sensing the fading of sound of footsteps, Daehyun looked up. He sighed in relief, setting his eyes on his belongings which were all scattered on the ground.

 

“It’s hopeless. My head is so dazed that it’s not functioning at all.” –Daehyun mumbled to himself as he lifted his bag and took his books but was stopped when a hand suddenly took a hold of his smartphone.

 

“Here.” A soft voice was heard but Daehyun was sure that it was a guy as his smartphone was held out in front of him. Daehyun let out a small gasp and quickly spoke without looking up. “Thank you very much.”

 

The guy in front of him let out a small giggle, smiling as he looked at the small frame of Daehyun who still knelt on the ground.

 

Upon hearing the giggle, Daehyun looked up to see the guy who stood in front of him and widened his eyes as he recognized who was the guy. The guy wore a baby blue sweater with a tight in white shirt inside it.

 

Blinking his eyes in a split second, he opened his mouth to say something only to shut it as he didn’t know what to say.

 

He was hesitated at first before opening his mouth again, slightly covering his mouth with his hand. While stuttering, he called out the other’s name. “Kim Himchan–ssi?”

 

“Just Himchan will do.” –Himchan said simply, smiling happily as he handed out the phone to Daehyun who sheepishly took it, looking at Himchan in confusion.

 

“Why are you here?” Daehyun tilted his head cutely to his side, wondering to what was Himchan doing in his university alone.

 

“I got Youngjae to bring me here.” –Himchan answered happily, looking at the direction where Youngjae was standing.

 

Youngjae then walked closer to the duo, standing straight on his feet a bit far from them with hands both in his pocket and in his usually poker face as he watched the duo before glancing at the scattered belonging on the ground.

 

“Youngjae?” –Daehyun gasped in surprised, blinking his eyes repeatedly as he stared at Youngjae, clutching his bag tight in his embrace.

 

“Sheesh. What are you doing?” –Youngjae casually asked in a soft and slow voice, causing Daehyun to panic as he quickly knelt down and collected all his belonging in hurry. Himchan watched in amusement while Youngjae just stared emotionlessly.

 

“We’re going for lunch. Would you like to join us?” –Himchan said in somehow good Korean although he lived in Japan for quite a long time as he asked Daehyun who happened to be there, smiling widely as he looked at the small brunette as if waiting for a yes as a response.

 

“Eh? But…” Daehyun looked up in surprised, wondering as to why Himchan invited him to eat lunch with them as he thought that maybe Youngjae wanted to spend time with Himchan only because wasn’t that the reason why Youngjae brought Himchan there in the first place, right?

 

“Let’s do so. What do you say, Youngjae?” –Himchan suddenly interrupted Daehyun’s words and turned to his side, asking Youngjae nicely, sounding more like a begging than a question.

 

Youngjae’s lips curled upward as he nodded. “Sure.”

 

The small gesture Youngjae made Himchan squealed in happiness. It may seemed like not a big deal to both of them but not to Daehyun.

 

The small smile on Youngjae’s face made Daehyun wondered how Himchan can made the other to smile without needing to work hard for it. Deahyun barely able to make Youngjae smiled. Just how, he wondered.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter