Chapter 12 (1)

Itazura_Na_Kiss [Jaedae Ver.] [Discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Guys, we're back..

Thanks to all our loyal subscribers and also new subscribers~

Hope you guys like this chapter~

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 12: Mismatched Heart [Part one]

 

 

 

“Is it true that you’re transferring to the Medical Department?” –Mr. Yoo continued his words, asking his son the answer for his question. His voice laced with anger and seriousness.

 

“Yes. I’m transferring this April.” –Youngjae said simply. His face showed nothing but full of seriousness yet looking so expressionless.

 

“What? I never heard about this!” –Mr. Yoo scowled at his son for not telling him any sooner.

 

“I’m sorry for keeping this from you. It’s just that I’ve been thinking about what I really want to do, and whether I really have no dreams.” –Youngjae explained slowly, keeping his voice as calm as he could mustered.

 

Mr. Yoo furrowed his eyebrows at the mention of what Youngjae really wanted to do. “Jaejae, I want you to be my successor.” –Mr. Yoo spoke out. His body started to tremble as his voice shook a little.

 

“I’m going to become a doctor. I’m not going to succeed your company. I’ve already made up my mind.” –Youngjae protested, looking at his dad with a glare.

 

Each word he said came out like a poison. His facial expression changed almost immediately as he was still trying to show his respect to his dad.

 

“Jaejae!” –Mr. Yoo shouted loudly, standing up from his seat before he felt his breathe got taken away. He put a hand on his chest, feeling the burning sensation spread inside.

 

Clutching hard on the soft fabric in his hand as he tried to overcome the pain before he fell on his knee and soon he dropped on the floor.

 

A loud ‘thud’ can be heard, following by a gasp. The trio at the outside stared at each other with eyes widened and mouth agape. “Dad!” –Youngjae called out.

 

“Dad! What’s wrong?” –Youngjae called again, moving towards to his dad before taking a hold of Mr. Yoo’s arm and held him still.

 

“My chest…” –Mr. Yoo whispered breathlessly, clutching the fabric of his clothes tightly.

 

The door burst opened, revealing the other three person aside from them, running in panicked toward Mr. Yoo. “Papa! What’s wrong? Hang in there!” –Mrs. Yoo exclaimed.

 

“Papa!” –Ricky  called out, desperately shaking his dad on his arm.

 

Youngjae straightened up as he looked over at Daehyun, looking so serious before he said simply yet sounded a bit eager. “Daehyun! The ambulance!”

 

Daehyun stood there, not too far from them, looking at them all before he nodded his head. He too, feeling quite panicked because of the incident occurred.

 

“Right!” With that simple reply, Daehyun ran away from the room and quickly went to look out for the phone to call for an ambulance.

 

The siren of the ambulance echoed throughout the silent night. The red light spun around like no tomorrow as it shone at the side of the house.

 

 

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

 

 

A beeping sound that came from the machine can be heard around the silent room, the room where Mr. Yoo was placed.

 

There is Mr. Yoo, sleeping peacefully on his bed along with his wife and his eldest son, Youngjae, siting at the left of his bed while his best friend, Mr. Jung at the right of his bed.

 

Everyone seemed so sad over the incident that happen especially Youngjae who’s thinking that he was the main cause of all that happened to his father.

 

The three continuously with their sad mood until their attention got caught by a sudden knock on door and was opened, revealing a pretty male who smiled warmly towards them.

 

“Aunty. Youngjae.” –Daehyun greeted politely before he brought up the plastic bag on his hand, showing it to the others slightly before he continued. “Here, I bought some food and stuff that I thought might be good.”

 

“Thank you, Daedae.” Mrs. Yoo smiled, feeling a bit relief at the young male’s understanding.

 

Youngjae on the other hand, giving the other a quite warm’s smile. The smile looked sincere unlike his usual one. “That’s very helpful.” He praised the other.

 

Daehyun felt somehow happy at the handsome male’s compliment just now. A light blush appeared on his pretty face at that time.

 

“Excuse me.” The doctor said as he walked inside the room before letting out a soft cough to catch the others’ attentions.

 

Daehyun’s happy moment got interrupted by it, making him turned his body towards the said doctor.

 

Youngjae was the first one who talked. “Doctor, how’s my father?” –he asked the doctor. His face smiling face changed almost immediately into a worried one, waiting for the doctor answer.

 

“We’ll be conducting more detailed tests tomorrow. However, I suspect that is was a heart attack.” –the doctor explained. His gaze turned to the lying male on the bed, still in his deep slumber.

 

“Based on the test results, he may need surgery.” –the doctor continued. The whole attentions of the family were on the doctor and Youngjae’s conversation.

 

“Surgery?” –Youngjae questioned. He stopped for a while before he continued. “A coronary bypass?” –he stated calmly.

 

The doctor looked at the young male in from of him in shocked right after hearing Youngjae’s statements. He was kind of impressed at the young male’s well knowledge.

 

“You’re very well informed.” –the doctor exclaimed as he tilted his head to the side, looking at young male in front of him while smiling.

 

“Well, we can only make a decision after we see the results. Whatever it is, he needs rest right now. We’ll be keeping him here for a while.” –the doctor explained again in more details to the family.

 

“Thank you very much.” –Mrs. Yoo said while lowering her body slightly, bowing to the doctor politely, following by Mr. Jung and Daehyun next to her.

 

Youngjae just stared at the doctor, but truthfully he was not exactly looking at the doctor. He was staring at the space between them blankly.

 

As soon as Daehyun lifted his body back to normal, he was greeted by the sad looking Youngjae who was staring in front of him blankly. He felt a sudden feeling of sad crept inside him after watching the handsome male like that.

 

 

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

 

 

Mrs. Yoo stared at his husband with a pair of sad eyes of her. Her lips shut closed into a thin line.

 

“Mrs.Yoo.” –Daehyun called out softly, causing the woman to turn her head to her side, looking at him in surprised. Daehyun smiled slightly before he spoke again. “I’m worried about Ricky, so I’m going to go back.”

 

Scratching his head a little, he let out a smile. “Me too. I’ll be going to my shop.” –Mr. Jung spoke out, looking at the woman with somewhat guilty.

 

“Daedae, thank you. And Mr. Jung, sorry for the trouble.” –she said while getting up from her seat before looking up to the people in front of him.

 

With a quick reflex, she wiped off the trail of tears which about to fall off. She smiled but not so bright like it used to be.

 

Daehyun gladly returned the smile, nodding his head lightly. “Mrs. Yoo, please get some rest too.” –He said politely as he looked at the woman in front of him while bowing his head a little.

 

“I will.” –She said, trying hard to hold back her tears as she wiped the tears away at the corner of her eyes.

 

Tilting her head to her side, she glanced at her elder son, Youngjae who sat calmly on the seat beside the hospital bed. “You can go home too, Jaejae.” –She said softly. She looked tired and the trail of dried tears on her cheeks was still visible.

 

Youngjae simply looked up, watching his mother for a moment before agreeing. “Okay. I’ll come tomorrow morning to switch with you.”

 

With that, Youngjae got up on his feet before joining the other two at the door. Daehyun faced Youngjae, giving a small smile to Youngjae who walked closer to him.

 

“Jaejae.” –A soft voice called out, causing Youngjae to stop and turned around to see the person who called him just now.

 

Mrs. Yoo smiled warmly before she continued her words. “Let’s put off talking about your future until Papa gets better, okay?” –she asked calmly, looking at her eldest son with the same smile like before.

 

“Yeah. I know.” –Youngjae replied shortly.

 

 

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

 

 

The night seemed quite lonely and the air around the house felt heavy and thick. There was Youngjae, sitting silently on the couch while staring blankly into the thin air.

 

A soft footstep can be heard and a sudden dim yet bright light made Youngjae snapped out of his thought, startling as his eyes widened slightly.

 

He turned his head to the source of the light and saw Daehyun who stood there, wearing a light pink pajama. His face was full of confusion as he looked back at Youngjae with some kind of worry face.

 

“Youngjae?” –Daehyun questioned, tilting his head slightly before making his way to the said guy. “What’s wrong? You didn’t even turn on the lights.” –He continued.

 

Stopping in his track just a few meters away from Youngjae, he stared at the other’s back whose already turned his head and looked at his lap instead.

 

A soft sigh escaped Youngjae’s lips. Closing his eyes, he slowly took a short breathe. “I was just thinking.” –He said simply.

 

“You must be worried about your father…” –Daehyun said softly. There was a pregnant silent for a moment and Daehyun encouraged himself to speak again.

 

“Is there anything I can..? I guess not…” –Daehyun stuttered all over his words. He looked at Youngjae with his big doe eyes, slowly bending his body before ending his words with a soft whisper. He leaned forward and rested his arms on the upper side of the couch.

 

Youngjae opened his eyes, staring intensely at one side. His mind was full of a lot of thought. He felt so many burdens stayed put on his shoulder and he felt quite stress at the moment.

 

“I believe my father’s condition was caused by stress and anxiety. My father’s company is going through hard times.” –He whispered slowly. His voice laced with sadness.

 

“He’s solely responsible for the company, and it’s because I told him then that I wouldn’t succeed him and instead wanted to become a doctor that…” –Youngjae stopped talking. He stopped talking and instead stayed silent.

 

Daehyun watched the handsome male in front of him. Although only the back of him faced him at the moment, he knew. He knew the other felt sad and regret, probably confused.

 

Daehyun’s eyes showed some kind of sadness. His eyes slightly watered, trying hard to hold back his tears. “But… that’s…” –Daehyun stuttered. He can’t seem to find a good word to say, to comfort the other.

 

Youngjae was fast to cut him. He knew what Daehyun was gonna say. He knew and he didn’t want Daehyun to say it so, he spoke again. “The best way to help my father recover… is to succeed the company.”

 

“How could you? What about your dreams of becoming a doctor?” –Daehyun snapped angrily. He had tears formed in his eyes. He can’t believe this. Not when Youngjae said he wanted to succeed the company. And how about his dream?

 

Daehyun thought about all that. There was no way Youngjae would do that. Youngjae had finally found his dream and now, he was going to give up.

 

“It’s a dream that has barely taken off.” –Youngjae reasoned, lowering his head. His voice low and came out like a whisper. His long fridge covered his eyes as his eyes stayed on his lap.

 

“But, didn’t you study your heart out? And you said that you’d help Junnie get well too!” –Daehyun spat out. He felt angry. He felt sad. Youngjae had done everything for his life, for his future.

 

Tears continued to form in Daehyun’s eyes and he can’t help himself but to cry. “Youngjae…” –Daehyun called the other softly, marching forward before wrapping his arms around Youngjae’s neck, leaning his head on the side of Youngjae’s head.

 

Youngjae widened his eyes in surprised at the sudden action. He didn’t expect this to happen. As much as he hated being with Daehyun, this thing was just felt so right. He didn’t know why but he let Daehyun just like that, back hugging him.

 

Daehyun cried. He cried again. He felt hurt to see the guy he loved was having a hard time and he can’t do anything for that. He didn’t have a heart to let Youngaje faced all of this alone.

 

He didn’t want Youngjae to face this problem alone because he knew Youngjae needed someone by his side. He hugged Youngjae, crying while slightly choking over his sob.

 

He felt weird and quite shocked by his action but somehow Youngjae didn’t look like he was mad so he just stayed like that.

 

Youngjae looked so lonely from behind.

 

I did it without thinking.

 

But, Youngjae didn’t push away my arms.

 

 

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

 

 

The atmosphere in the restaurant was quite fine. The breeze softly blew in the air. Loud sound can be heard in the slightly quiet place by none other than Jung Daehyun.

 

“Good afternoon!” –Daehyun greeted, shouting out loud as he smiled happily.

 

“Welcome!” –said one of the worker, responding to the younger male’s greeting without knowing who was him exactly.

 

Daehyun shut the door closed before he was greeted again by one of his father’s workers. “Oh, Daehyun –ssi.” –the man said as he smiled towards the said boy.

 

Daehyun bowed politely before he walked towards his father’s direction, who was giving him his usual warm smile.

 

Mr. Jung crossed his arms in front of his chest, watching his dearest son walked towards him. “Oh, you’re here, Dae.” –Mr. Jung asked his son. Daehyun nodded his head, the same smile still plastered on his pretty face as he did

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter