Chapter 6 (1)

Itazura_Na_Kiss [Jaedae Ver.] [Discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thanks for all our loyal subscribers and new subscribers~^^

This is the new chapter part 1~^^

___________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

Chapter 6 : Chocolates, Exams and the Jinx. (Part one)

 

 

 

May this next year be a good one!

 

Daehyun thought while closing his eyes tightly, wishing for a good thing to happen on the next year.

 

He smiled before turning his head to his side, looking at Youngjae who was standing next to him. Youngjae too, closing his eyes like him.

 

After they done with the praying, Daehyun unfolded the white paper he received slowly. He read the content inside before a smile appeared on his face.

 

He looked at the paper again. “Great fortune, it says!” –he exclaimed a bit loud in front of the family.

 

Mrs. Yoo took a glance at Daehyun before she happily said, “That’s great!”

 

Daehyun looked at his paper again and read the other things on it which written something like ‘Health: beware of illness descending upon you.’. He then creepily laughed at the statement.

 

Ricky, who was standing there too, reads his paper. He looked away after he read it, crumpling the paper before arrogantly state, “Silly superstitions.” when he received a small fortune.

 

“You made it into college too! This is good sign of things to come.” –Mr. Jung remarked, grinning proudly towards his own son.

 

“Now, the only thing left is for things to go well with you and Jaejae.” –Mrs. Yoo said while chuckling happily, causing the one of the said boy looked at him.

 

Daehyun scratched his neck awkwardly while blushing as he heard the older woman’s words. “Well…”

 

Youngjae on the other hand, standing far away from the family while looking at his paper before he crumpled the paper along with an unsatisfied face.

 

He threw the paper inside the garbage before following the others. “Are your studies going well?” –Mr. Yoo asked as he walked next to his oldest son, looking at the said boy.

 

“Youngjae will get accepted into Seoul University, right?” –Daehyun asked as he turned his gaze towards the other boy.

 

“Youngjae is an alumnus there after all.” –Mr. Jung said calmly, nodding his head in process as he continued to walk.

 

Youngjae stayed silent for a while before he spoke, “I still haven’t decided if I’m going to go to Seoul University.”

 

Youngjae’s sudden statement making the others family member looked at him in shocked. “Hey, are you seriously saying that?” –Mr. Yoo asked as he stared at his son in disbelief, feeling shocked with his words.

 

“Now, now. He can decide after he takes the center exam.” –Mrs. Yoo exclaimed, trying to calm the mood. “Ah, Jaejae, how was your fortune?”

 

Youngjae closed his eyes as he said calmly, “Nothing important was written on it.” remembered his fortune paper which had something written ‘terrible fortune’ on it.

 

 

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

 

 

“Good morning! It’s been a while.” –Daehyun greeted right after he entered his classroom, smiling at his best friend and also, his others classmates.

 

“Ah, Daehyunnie, morning.” –Baekhyun said, raising his hand slightly as he smiled towards the walking boy.

 

“Good luck this year too.” –Hyosung remarked as she watched her best friend that slowly approached her.

 

“But, this really is a happy third term.” –Baekhyun exclaimed, earning a quick nod from Daehyun.

 

“We’ll be college students in three months, eh?” –Daehyun said, smiling happily.

 

“Hey! Happy New Year!” –Yongguk shouted loudly, shocking the whole class who now, were turning their gaze towards him.

 

Yongguk smiled happily while waving his hand to the trio excitedly. “Gukkie! It’s been a while.” –Daehyun mumbled. His eyes glued to the said male in front of him.

 

Hyosung and Baekhyun just stared at him in shocked before Baekhyun spoke. “What have you been up to? We’ve been worried since we haven’t heard from you.”

 

“Did you retake the exam?” –Hyosung added, still looking at the other male.

 

Yongguk shook his head before he spoke arrogantly towards the trio, “Nope. I’m not going to college.” making the whole class looked at him over again.

 

Yongguk smiled. “I’ll be a step ahead of you guys towards becoming an adult. With this, I’ll be ready for you anytime, Daehyunnie.” –he exclaimed, looking so proud with his own words.

 

“Does that mean you’re going to get a job?” –Daehyun asked, looking at the other male who’s slowly approaching him before sat on his own seat.

 

“That’s right. And I’ve already found a place to work.” –Yongguk replied as he smiled lovingly towards the boy who was sitting in front of him.

 

“What kind of work?” –Hyosung interrupted, looking at the said boy curiously.

 

Yongguk chuckled softly before he said, “That’s still a secret. But I’ll invite you to my workplace soon, so look forward to it.” smiling proudly.

 

“Gukkie, sorry to rain your parade…” –Baekhyun said carefully. “…but Daehyunnie is going to college and will meet all sorts of guys.” –he added as Hyosung just nodded her head in agreement.

 

“Plus, there’s no sign of him leaving the Yoo’s residence anytime soon either.” –Hyosung remarked as she turned to face Baekhyun.

 

“Right, so why don’t you just give up already?” –Baekhyun asked in concern, looking directly at the proud male.

 

Yongguk chuckled before looking at the two best friends, “I have the perfect ‘I love’ plan!” laughing in process.

 

Daehyun on the other hand was watching Yongguk and his two best friends about something that he clearly didn’t understand.

 

“’I love’ plan? What kind of plan is that?” –Hyosung whispered, feeling confused with Yongguk’s plan. “He seems rather persistent.” Baekhyun nodded.

 

‘I love’ plan?

 

 

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

 

 

Daehyun along with Baekhyun and Hyosung walked in front of class –A before they stopped at the class’s back door.

 

“Class –A is doing last minutes studying for the center exams?” –Hyosung asked, watching the whole class who were busy studying for the center exams.

 

“So, will Youngjae be trying for Seoul University?” Now was Baekhyun’s turn to ask as he looked at his friends.

 

Daehyun nodded as he answered while shuttering a bit. “Yeah, probably.”

 

“Well, Youngjae should pass it easily.” –Baekhyun exclaimed before he started to walk again, leaving his two friends behind.

 

Hyosung immediately followed him while Daehyun still looking at the other boy inside his class, talking with his best friend.

 

I really wanted to go to the same college as him.

 

But, I guess it can’t be helped.

 

Daehyun thought, smiling towards the handsome male from a far before he started to walked off.

 

Good luck, Youngjae.

 

 

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

 

 

Today was 20th January of new years and also the day for Youngjae to take his center exam.

 

Youngjae stood in front of Mrs. Yoo and Daehyun, wearing his coat handsomely while holding his bag as he was ready to go.

 

“You didn’t forget anything?” –Mrs. Yoo asked, looking at his oldest son worriedly. “Your exams slip?”

 

“I have it. Don’t worry.” –Youngjae answered calmly before he coughed slowly while covering his mouth.

 

“A cough?” –Daehyun asked panickedly. Mrs. Yoo placed her right hand on top of Youngjae forehead while the other hands on her forehead, measuring the temperature.

 

“Oh, no! You have a slight fever.” –Mrs. Yoo said as Daehyun looked at the handsome male, worried painted all over his face.

 

“That’s it! Wait a sec.” –Daehyun said before he ran towards his bedroom to grab something.

 

“This is really effective!” –Daehyun exclaimed while holding a tray which contained a small box of medicine and a glass of water. “You’ll be cured instantly! Here, take it.”

 

After listening to Daehyun’s words, Youngjae obediently ate the said medicine and gulped down the pill before drinking the water. He then suddenly felt uneasy with the taste of the medicine, covering his mouth slightly.

 

“Hey, I hope it’s not what I think it is, but… this medicine doesn’t cause drowsiness, right?” –Youngjae asked slowly, making the other boy panicked all of sudden.

 

Daehyun quickly brought up the box of medicine closer to his face as he studied the content of the medicine. He felt quite panicked before widening his eyes in horror.

 

“Please avoid driving after taking…” –He then looked up to face Youngjae in fear before yelling out loud. “What should we do? Throw it up!”

 

Youngjae stared at Daehyun with are –you –kidding –me face and briefly looked away. “Forget it!” –He announced bluntly.

 

“It should be fine.” –Mrs. Yoo said, trying to persuade the guilty Daehyun beside her. Turning to his son with a soft smile, she said. “Jaejae, you should hurry and go.”

 

Youngjae sighed before he turned around and ready to leave. “Yeah. I’m going now then.” He walked off.

 

“Good luck!” –Daehyun shouted, looking at the other boy with a face full of guilt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter