Extra: Eight

What Lurks

set during a christmas holiday period the year after the battle thing, so they're about 18/19 here idk what im doing

-

"Ok, now that's not fair!" Jongin exclaims, having run out to play with Kyungsoo in the snow only to find out that he'd switched to Blaidd because he's such a slow runner compared to his boyfriend. 

Blaidd charges at him, knocking him down into a snowdrift, and nuzzles at his face. The snow melts around him, and cold water seeps into his clothing, even though he's wearing at least three layers. He'd thought Kyungsoo was wearing that many too, so he wonders how he'd manages to strip out of all of them so quickly, and where the clothes went. He hopes they haven't been discarded somewhere in the snow, because then they'll be unwearable, and he'll have to walk Kyungsoo back .

That will raise questions for sure. 

Blaidd playfully at Jongin's face, making him splutter and complain loudly, because there's no escape from the rowdy wolf once he's got you pinned down. His face is dripping with animal slobber, and Blaidd smells like dog, and all the shouting and sccreaming in the world isn't going to help him escape from this so he does the next best thing; he grasps a handful of snow, ignoring how it makes his gloves cold and wet, and throws it at Blaidd.

It hits his shoulder, shattering on impact and cascading down his fur, leaving small clumps of snowflakes clinging to it. The only effect it has on the huge beast, however, is to make him shudder and wet stripes all the way up to his hairline.

"Blaidd!" Jongin tries to cough, while simultaneously turning his face away from the source of the slobber, "get off me!" he attempts to push him away, but he's not strong enough to even budge him a little bit.

Jongin plays dead- or at least as well as he can manage- until Blaidd finally retreats, panting white puffs of steam into the frigid air. Jongin gets up slowly, assessing the damage. His clothes are all soaked.

"You're going to pay for this," Jongin grumbles, throwing himself over Blaidd's back, "ahh, you're so warm," he sighs, the words coming out a little smooshed, as his face currently resides in Blaidd's damp, furry, shoulder. Jongin removes his gloves, shoves them in his pocket, and then slides his fingers into Blaidd's fur. It's so warm, and surprisingly dry. Deciding to get his revenge, or compensation depending on how you look at it, sooner rather than later, he jumps up onto Blaidd's back and locks his arms around his neck.

Lying low along Blaidd's body, he can feel the warmth slowly transferring to his body, and it makes for a strange combination. His back is ice cold, and his front is cozy and warm. Blaidd starts walking, slowly at first, and then gradually picks up the pace. He rarely goes faster than jogging, partly because it's not easy to run with something on your back when you're not used to it (they don't do this a lot, in fact Jongin is rarely around Blaidd when he's in this form) and partly because Jongin just doesn't like going fast. The lurching motion makes him sick.

He knows he probably looks a little silly, clinging to the back of Blaidd like this, but luckily no one is around to see him, and he'd rather do this than fall off. The white blanketed scenery flows past him at a comfortable speed, until it turns into dark trees, with only small patches of snow, and icy puddles and frozen piles of leaves. Frost crawls up the trees and sparkles in the low light.

The trees all look dead at this time of year, dark brown and bare of any leaves, and the atmosphere is chilling but natural. Freeing. Blaidd slows, and give Jongin the chance to take it all in. 

Blaidd slows to a stop, and Jongin gets off him, sliding to the ground and enjoying the crunch of melted then refrozen ice beneath his converses, even though his feet are burning from the cold. He has three pairs of socks on, but it's just not enough, and canvas shoes aren't a good idea in this type of weather anyway, but he doesn't have any others.

Blaidd sniffs at the ground, and Jongin looks on, curious, as he circles round once, then settles on the ground. Jongin wrinkles his nose at the idea of lying on the cold ground out of free will like that, but he won't complain if it means he gets to sit close to his personal heater. He drops down next to him, so he's curled up against Blaidd's side. If he leans his head against his ribcage, he can hear his heartbeat, so that's just what he does. Its a strangely hypnotic rhythm, and combined with the lulling movement of him breathing, Jongin finds himself on the way to falling asleep, despite the frigid air biting at his nose.

He doesn't fall completely unconcious, it's more of a relaxed, dazed state, in which he can still hear and think. He's brought out of it by Blaidd moving beneath him. He starts, and looks around, but is quickly calmed by Blaidd nosing his cheek. Jongin smiles back, and headbuts him, gently of course. He sighs deeply, then wrenches himself to his feet, ignoring the way all his joints click when he stretches,

"We should start heading back," he murmurs, hands clasped behind his back, and clothing bunching up, uncomfortably wet around his shoulders and neck. Blaidd is on his feet in a flash, taking small steps to keep pace with Jongin, and staying as close as possible. 

This doesn't last long, however, because soon he's bouncing ahead, weaving between the trees and barking excitedly, trying to get Jongin to join him and play hide and seek or chase. Both of which he would lose instantly, so Jongin just pets him and says,

"How does Kyungsoo put up with you," 

The sudden downward jerk of his head, Jongin suspects, is Kyungsoo trying to tell him that he doesn't put up with him; he barely tolerates him. Jongin crouches in front of him, rubbing Blaidd's neck vigorously. Blaidd's eyes close, and his tails starts wagging like a delighted puppy. It looks strange on an animal this size, but it is undeniably sweet.

The rest of the way home follows the same pattern; Blaidd managing to remain calm for a short period of time before bounding ahead and then returning for more pettting. Walking home takes longer than it did to get there. 

When they're nearly home, Kyungsoo's house in sight, Blaidd suddenly takes of, agilely sprinting off in a different direction. Jongin is confused for a moment, but keeps walking; no matter what he's doing, he'll end up back at the house, he's sure. About halfway across Kyungsoo's extensive white bathed, wintry garden, Jongin hears the crunch-crunch of hurried footsteps, and turns his head to see Kyungsoo jogging towards him, fully dressed and red faced.

Jongin raises his arms for a hug, and Kyungsoo falls into him, holding him tightly, then letting all of him go apart from his hand as they traverse the small distance until they reach Kyungsoo's back door,

"Well that was fun," Kyungsoo comments, not entirely sincerely, no doubt frustrated from his lack of control of his wolf. 

"I enjoyed myself," Jongin says placatingly, and squeezes his hand reassuringly.

-

 

for the lovely bella i hope you like this when you get around to reading it ^_^

blaidd is like an annoying younger sibling: you find them really annoying and you dont understand why other people find them cute lmao

so yeah comment and whatever or suggest thingies for me to write 

it became 3am again oops what am i doing