Thirty One

What Lurks

“So,” Jongin sighs, “any ideas?” he lets his arms flop over the backs of the pillows, and watches his boyfriend, who is sat opposite him legs crossed and muscles pulled taut. His lip is caught between his teeth, and he’ll likely end up biting right the way through it at this rate, so Jongin reaches forward to run his index finger across. He finds it amusing, how the roles have reversed like this.

Not that he’s not embarrassed too, but Kyungsoo is glowing.

“Not here,” he grits out through clenched teeth. Well yes, Jongin kind of guessed that. As much as he would like to do it in one of their beds it’s just not possible without asking everyone to leave, and that’s just not an option either.

“What about outside?” Jongin jokes, but then the image of Kyungsoo pressing him up against a tree stops the laugh in his throat, and he’s actually considering it.

“No,” Kyungsoo’s rejection slices through his little fantasy like a machete. Jongin just shrugs,

“You suggest something then,” he stretches his legs out, and arches his back, his spine clicking as he does so,

“We could go to your house, after school,” Kyungsoo muses, “Since your mums going to be here the whole time, it’ll be empty, right?”

“Yeah,” Jongin perks up at the prospect of a perfect place, “and I don’t think my mum knows my schedule exactly, so she won’t know,” he grins, “Good, ok. So, um, when?” Kyungsoo fists the sheets beside him, twirling his fingers up in the fabric,

“Whenever you want,” Jongin chews the inside of his cheek to tone down the smile as Kyungsoo rolls his eyes, “We’ll need to go via a certain shop, ok? We need to get some stuff before we can do anything else,” Jongin furrows his eyebrows, “what like, condoms?” he asks. That sounds reasonable, he supposes, considering he still knows next to nothing about how works between two guys, or just in general. He knows the very basics, but Kyungsoo, when asked, always refuses to tell him, and he doesn’t want to look up the details. He’s never really been one for , anyway. Other things to do, right?

Kyungsoo his lips, “Uh, amongst other things, yeah.” He’s still blushing, and combined with his recently re-dyed red hair, it’s making him look like a radioactive tomato. It’s such a liberating feeling to not be on the receiving end of this kind of discomfiture, and he wants to relish in it as much as he can,

“What other things?”

“Things that are necessary, ok? ing hell, shut up, the pair of you!” he barks, and Jongin draws back with his lips pursed so he doesn’t smirk at him, eyes wide and hands raised,

“Ok, ok, I’ll just trust you then,” - Under the watchful eye of his mother, he is shepherded out of Kyungsoo’s room at about ten o’clock, and guided firmly to his own room.

He’d been given a wink from Kyungsoo on the way out, so he knows he’s welcome back anytime he wants to be. The only problem is waiting for his mum to go to sleep first, since she’ll be able to hear the door opening and closing.

And then there’s the morning: they both have to go to school tomorrow. So he’ll be getting up the same time as today, but walking to school with Kyungsoo. They’ll be able to see Sehun there, and ask him about Jadwiga. Surely she must have a nickname; it’s a bit of a mouthful. Hopefully they’ll be able to pass it off as friendly curiosity.

In the dark, under the covers of his borrowed bed, Jongin uses the time between now and when he’s free to escape thinking about Kyungsoo. And the things that he’ll be doing with Kyungsoo soon if he gets his way. As it stands, the most they’ve done is used their hands, neither of them brave enough to do anything else at the moment, and apart from when shifting, they’ve never taken all of their clothes off at once before.

He realises shortly after that this is a dangerous train of thought, and he should probably stop now, if he doesn’t want Kyungsoo to think weirdly of him. He wills it away, contemplating instead the Jadwiga situation. He really hopes that she’s not going to…to indoctrinate him. Tell him a bunch of untrue things about Kyungsoo’s pack. But if he’d never met Kyungsoo, then it would be the other way round, wouldn’t it? It would be Sehun living this side of story, while he lived in presumed bliss, or as least as blissfully as one can at this age with education in the way.

It’s a strange thought; that he’s only in this situation by chance. But the point is that it did happen and nothing could change that. And he didn’t want anything to change that. He checks his phone again, hoping that more than twenty minutes have passed, and that it’s safe to sneak out now. It’s not, so he plays a few round on one of the games he usually never touches on his phone, like a very old version of Tetris. He doesn’t even know what he’s doing on it, so he wastes a lot of time figuring out how to play. When it’s finally safe to move, he’s only reached level three.

Slinking upstairs in the dark is easier this time round, and he doesn’t frighten himself with his own reflection. When he gets up there, Kyungsoo is awake, waiting for him. They don’t say much, just look at each other as they slowly drift off, briefly interrupted halfway though by Kyungsoo throwing his leg over Jongin’s hip but when it is made clear that it’s not meant in a ual way, Jongin reciprocates, bringing his knees up too, curling into his chest.

-

What is it with Kyungsoo and crawling on top of him? Is it some kind of subliminal territory thing? ‘cause he doesn’t appreciate this; he’s sweating underneath him, and his body is radiating so much heat it’s hard to believe he’s not ill.

This time it’s not nearly as easy to get rid of the deadweight, as his arms are bound securely round his middle,

“Kyungsoo!” he hisses, and tries to roll over but it’s not happening, not enough leverage. His only chance is to wake him up-without being loud enough to alert the other people in the house. He tries pinching his sides, but since Kyungsoo isn’t ticklish, it provokes no reaction.

He feels terrible about it, but he slaps his face – which results only in a semi-conscious whine. The next step is auditory stimulation: by which he means playing music in his ears. He inserts both of his headphones and turns up the volume –only a bit, he’s not trying to deafen him, and Kyungsoo has sensitive ears anyway-and presses play.

The result is instantaneous and gratifying, and only makes him feel a little guilty, so it’s a win-win situation. Kyungsoo tenses up so much he almost shifts, he can see it in his flashing eyes, and flails, falling out of the bed and taking the duvet with him.

All Jongin can do is laugh at his startled face, as he beats the blankets around him to get away from the unprecedented noise. When Kyungsoo finally manages to disentangle himself, he sits on the floor glaring for all of a minute, then lunges at his boyfriend, pinching him in his most ticklish places, making Jongin chant hysterically,

“Ow, ow, ow, I call domestic abuse! Ow!” until he stops, panting but looking considerably less angry.

“Why would you do that to me, I thought you loved me,” he scowls lightly, not even trying to make it look sincere,

“I could say the exact same thing, I’m not kidding; you’re really not light,” he promises, and in retaliation, or maybe just to prove him right, Kyungsoo sits cross legged on his chest, crushing him,

“Can’t…breathe…” Jongin wheezes,

“Sorry I don’t think I can hear you,” he says, folding his arms.

-

Yet again, it was strange walking to school. It felt all wrong somehow; usually he only walks this direction in the evenings, when it’s dark and it went against everything he knows to have been heading that way at daybreak, even if he was hand in hand with his favourite person.

In the canteen, when they first showed up, only Sehun seemed to even notice them;

“Where were you then? Did you spend yesterday…together?” he waggles his eyebrows and Jongin nearly hits him for being such a little ; what appears to be his favourite hobby, but restrains himself. If he attacks him, Sehun won’t spill anything about his new girlfriend,

“What about you and Jad-wigga?” he deliberately mispronounces her name to rile him, and judging by the twitch in his eyebrow it works.

“It’s Jadwiga. She prefers to be called Jadzia. She’s the sister of one of the people in my football club, she asked me out on, like, Friday,” he tries to sound nonchalant about the whole ordeal, but Jongin can see the barely contained glee underneath his usually stone-cold surface.

Maybe he’s had his eye on her for a while. Or maybe he’s just happy to have gotten attention from any girl; god knows he’s not used to being under the spotlight for anything. Jongin feels kind of proud that he’s been chosen, in a weird, almost paternal, sense.

“Her brother? Goes to your football?” Kyungsoo interjects, squeezing Jongin’s waist from where he’s sat with Jongin on his lap. He hadn’t noticed that little bit of information. That could prove fatal.

“Yeah, he’s like the youngest in the club but he’s one of the best players we have,” that’s hardly surprising.

“Team player huh?” Jongin comments,

“Not really, he’s just really competitive,” Sehun wrinkles his nose, “and I’m nowhere near good enough to match up to him, it’s ridiculous,” he grumps, and Jongin shrugs sympathetically.

So. When do we get to meet her?” he nudges him, and does the sly eyebrow-raising thing Sehun did to him for the first few weeks after Jongin announced, or was sussed out, that he and Kyungsoo were a thing.

“Never, if I have anything to say about it. But she’ll probably want to meet my friends at some point, so I don’t know. A few weeks? Less?”

“Not good enough, we need to warn her away from you quicker than that,” Jongin jokes, to try and cover up the vague underlying sense of tension that only he and Kyungsoo can feel, the weird feeling that something about this whole situation might go horribly wrong. As loathe as he is to say it, he may well be running out of time to tell Sehun that he’s the best friend anyone could ask for, before he’s taken away,

“Screw you,” he replies, looking back down at his phone and grinning; it must be Jadzia again.

In an impulsive and potentially dangerous move, Jongin swipes it out of his hands and swivels away from him so he can’t reach-nearly elbowing his boyfriend in the face- and texts her;

My friends rly wanna meet u soon is that ok? xx

And sends it off as quickly as he can, holding it out of Sehun’s reach, as he’s climbing over his shoulder to get it back.

As soon as the little swirly motif stops spinning, to say the message has been successfully sent, he hands it back to his fiery, expletive-spitting friend, pleasantly as he possibly can.

“Ah, screw you guys,” he grumbles, upon seeing the text, totally disregarding Kyungsoo’s protests of ‘I didn’t do anything!’ Five minutes later he receives a response that says,

yh sure how bout tmrw? xxx

--

ayyyy look whos baaack ^__^ i cant believe i wwent a week without my laptop omg * it* 

annyywayyyy a few people may be confused about jadwiga so...ive been thinking of her as a polish, female luhan lmoa i know this may take a bit of brain bending but maybe you guys could too? idk its up to you haha :3

but also! please comment i wanna talk to you guys its been ages. for some of u anyway XD