Twelve

What Lurks

 

-

 

“It's nice to meet you to,” he replies stiffly, examining the creases in the leather sofa, his hands clasped together nervously. She smiles, and she looks so similar to Kyungsoo in that moment -in a motherly way- that he can't be anxious anymore. She exudes exactly the opposite of a stereotypical 'werewolf' aura.

“Well, now that you know about Kyungsoo, and the rest of us, and haven't run screaming, I'd like to have a chat with you. If you don't mind,” She has a nice, maternal sounding voice. Makes him think of apple pies and cooking and hugs.

Jongin doesn't mind, not really. But apparently Kyungsoo does,

“Can we please not do this?” Jongin looks at him-he's wearing such a typical 'disgusted teen' face, Jongin can't help but smile. Kyungsoo's mum just her lips and turns deliberately to Jongin,

“Would you like to see some baby pictures?”  How she manages to keep a straight face in saying this Jongin has no idea, but he nods eagerly,

“Oh, for god's sake, mum,” Kyungsoo gets up in a huff, and reaches for Jongin's arm to take him away from the impending mortification, but Jongin fights, whining,

“No, I wanna see baby pictures,”

“Too bad. I can, and will carry you out,” he threatens, looking so serious Jongin can feel his heart-rate accelerating further with each moment Kyungsoo glares at him. He tries to pretend it’s not happening, and makes ironic puppy eyes at him, “no,” Kyungsoo reiterates.

Jongin slumps his shoulders and allows himself to be led away,

“Maybe next time, dear,” Kyungsoo's mum calls, in a gleefully amused voice after them. At the last second Jongin leans around the door frame and gives her a thumbs up.

Kyungsoo whacks him for his troubles. Right in the chest, with a force that Kyungsoo probably believes to be gentle, but knocks the wind right out of him.

Kyungsoo's room is on the third floor, and it takes a lot of effort for him to get up there in one piece, what with Kyungsoo beating on him every few seconds for apparently 'flirting' with his mum.

“How the hell was that flirting?! That was me trying to see cute baby pictures of my boyfriend! Flirting,” he scoffs, as Kyungsoo pushes open a baby blue painted door with many stickers on it- some peeling off and leaving patches of white papery fuzz.

Kyungsoo's room is fairly tidy, but in the kind of way that suggests it's always like this. Never too messy and never abnormally clean. Jongin likes it. It's not especially big, but the window seat is pretty cool. If you put your head right up against the glass you could probably look straight down at whoever might be in the garden below,

“Take a seat,” Kyungsoo points to his dark blue and white plaid print bed, which is bigger than Jongin's, but also messier. This is what makes the room feel lived in, besides the small pile of clothes on the armchair in the corner, and the stack of books by the side of his bed (one of them placed face down, and open to keep his page.) Jongin imagines Kyungsoo waking up in this bed, all rumpled and bleary eyed, and then he imagines waking up next to him and getting to see that every single day.

Jongin shakes his head to dissipate the fantasy, sits on the exposed sheet next to the ball of duvet, and watches as Kyungsoo takes of his hoody, revealing a narrow sliver of skin that he fervently wants to touch,

“See, that wasn’t so hard, was it-?” Kyungsoo freezes with the hoody still attached to his arms, looking at Jongin with eyes that can only reciprocate what Jongin is feeling at this moment.

Somewhere in his mind, it occurs to him that this means Kyungsoo can smell whatever he's feeling, and what if he actually smells really bad? But then Kyungsoo is seated firmly on his lap and kissing him and there's no more room for these types of thoughts, only for Kyungsoo.

He pins him down, and slowly with measured force so as not to suffocate him, kisses him hard.  Jongin smooths his hand around his waist, and up his back, rumpling his t-shirt and exposing his skin a little more.

Instead of going further while there are parents in the building, Kyungsoo stops before anything irreversible occurs, but doesn't move from his position on top of Jongin. He accepts that Kyungsoo is going to say there, and binds him even closer, tightening his arms around his waist.

Kyungsoo squirms and inhales deeply, his nose buried in his shoulder, reminding Jongin of his epiphany before the started canoodling,

“What do I smell like?”

“Hm?” he seems sleepy all of a sudden. Jongin repeats himself, “um. I don't know. You smell like you?”

“This is a good thing, yes?” Kyungsoo chuckles, and Jongin can feel the jerky movement against his stomach,

“Mhm, very good. I thought so even when I thought you were a . Actually, remember that time you hid from me under the table-that was stupid by the way, just plain embarrassing- but yeah. That's how I knew,”

“Oh,” now he feels stupid, even though that was probably months ago. Well, a month.

“Yeah,” Jongin rolls his eyes.

Jongin feels himself drifting off to sleep, fining himself way too  comfortable to stay awake. A while ago, Kyungsoo had clambered across him, nearly kneeing him in the groin in the process, and plugged his phone into his speakers. He wriggled back to Jongin, and now they're lying intimately, haphazardly on Kyungsoo's bed.

Jongin mouths the words the lyrics he knows, eyes closed and clinging onto his boyfriend who also appears to be pretty close to unconsciousness, if his slow steady breathing is any indication. He'll have to wake him up fairly soon, because he can't remember the way back by himself.

Kyungsoo groans, low and hoarse, then with a tone of resigned inevitability, he says,

“I really wanna mate you,” Jongin opens his eyes in shock, jerking his head back, “not in a way, you ing ” oh. Jongin relaxes,

“And if I said no?” he teases,

“I'd eat you,” he murmurs, the image of nonchalance. Maybe it’s because he’s sleepy, he’s acting all squishy. This makes him want to sleepover even more, but his mother would never allow that,

“Well, that wouldn't be very nice, would it?”

“Maybe not for you. I think you'd be pretty ing tasty, actually,”

“I beg to differ,” he challenges,

“Really?” Kyungsoo sits up a bit, and hovers his face directly over Jongin's, one eyebrow raised. He darts forwards and his cheek, wetly,

“Urgh, Kyungsoo,” he flinches away, “you're not actually a dog, right? Is this Blaidd??” he shrieks, when he goes to do it again, cackling,

“I knew you'd taste good, come back here,” he pins him down again, shoulders pressed into the mattress. He might have been thinking yet more inappropriate thoughts had it not been for the huge wet patch on his face. Kyungsoo leans down again, more gently this time, and places his open mouth over the edge of his jaw. Then pushes his tongue through it and laves over his skin.

“Kyungsoo.” Jongin has his eyes screwed up, “ew, Kyungsoo, ew,”the slowly morphs into more kissing. Still gross, but not as much.

Abruptly, Kyungsoo scrambles off him, into a more platonic position just in time for his mum to walk in. Kyungsoo probably hear her coming, he realises.

She opens the door with caution,

“It's getting late, and Kyungsoo should probably go home before his mother starts to worry. I don’t want any frantic phone calls from your mother dear,” she smiles softly, eyes crinkling at the sides but the prominent crowsfeet make her look kind.

Kyungsoo agrees, albeit very reluctantly.

He walks him home, the two bickering playfully. The street lights have come on, despite it not being that dark yet, and the cheap yellow light spills over them giving Kyungsoo's face an unnatural halo. Jongin can barely tear his eyes away from him.

“Does Blaidd have red fur too?” he asks before he can regulate what he’s saying. Luckily Kyungsoo doesn’t think it’s a stupid question,

“Nah, he’s like. Brownish; the normal wolf colour,” he tells him, swinging their hands like a couple from a romcom all the way home, humming a tune he doesn’t know inbetween the smatterings of other conversation.  Just before Kyungsoo leaves Jongin's room, after insisting he made sure he got up the stairs safely, Jongin hugs him,

“You know I really like you, right?” Kyungsoo squeezes the breath out of him, “like, really, really like you,”

“I'm going to kick you out before you infect me with the cheesy, ok?” he says, but doesn't let go.

“Kyungsoo! Tell Jongin to go home, it’s gone ten!” his mum calls up.

“You should go,”

“Yeah,” he agrees, but neither of them move.

“Do I need to come up there?” She threatens, and they finally separate.

“See you tomorrow,” Jongin says, and Kyungsoo nods absent-mindedly then shakes his head,

“Oh. I'm, uh, not going to be in the day after tomorrow,” he shrugs, “wolf issues,” Jongin his head, “I have to go run with them, my pack. It’s a full moon,”

“Ah,”

“Uh-huh, I would show you but it’s a bit dangerous for humans, sorry,” he looks a bit sheepish,

“Is 'have fun' good?” Kyungsoo nods, “have fun, then,” Kyungsoo kisses him- a peck really-and lets Jongin leave his room and slide down the stairs. Kyungsoo gies him one last hug, sniffing his neck subtly before he leaves. Once home, and alone again, Jongin gets changed and then lies on his bed, getting ready to go to sleep. This would be so much easier if he couldn’t feel the imprint of his boyfriend’s body everywhere he touched him.

 

-

filler alert wee-woo-wee-woo

i have finallly finished all of the editing of the completed chapters and now im writing the rest of it yay φ(..;)

please take a moment to comment  (◍•ᴗ•◍)❤