Eleven

What Lurks

 

It's Friday evening now, and they're sat on Jongin's bed playing on Jongin's Xbox (it's a different game this time, a racing game), Kyungsoo with his legs thrown over Jongin's lap.

This game is interesting, but his boyfriend is more so. He's his lower lip in concentration because he's highly competitive and has to win at everything they play, no matter what. ‘Pity loss’ are not words in his vocabulary.

Jongin wants to kiss him.

But right now he also needs to win, and he's not going to do that if he's kissing Kyungsoo. They've done it before, the other day in fact. It had been quite funny: since it was their first kiss, Jongin had wanted to keep it chaste and sweet, something to remember fondly in the future. But when he leaned down to touch his lips, Kyungsoo had grabbed his head none too gently and kissed him fiercely, clacking their teeth together.

Only for a second though, because after that, he wrenched himself away shouting and pulling at his hair. Apparently Blaidd had made him do it. Jongin had had to hold him for a while, beating down his laughter with a mental stick and telling Kyungsoo over and over again that it was ok.

Just one more checkpoint to go, Jongin encourages himself. If he wins this it will be the first time he's won out of the four times they've played this.

Just a little more-the screen erupts with confetti and congratulatory music,

“NO!” Jongin throws his head back against the wall-stupid because that hurt. Kyungsoo won the game. He was so close. Kyungsoo's laughing at him again, doing an annoying little victory dance to rub it in.

Jongin pushes him over, and he actually falls, caught by surprise. He's still laughing at him, so Jongin wonders if kissing him will make him shut up. Probably not, but worth a try, right?

He crawls forward, slides his hand around his jaw to cradle the back of his head then pulls him forward, pressing his lips insistently against his boyfriend’s.

It takes a while to get him to shut up completely, but it does work in the end, Kyungsoo's hands reaching up to curl around Jongin's shoulders, and then neck, kissing him back wetly, unskilled (like Jongin.)

This is nice.

It would probably be nicer if his arms weren't straining to keep him up though. On a mission to fix this problem without separating them, he crawls carefully over him and lays his body over the top of him and resting his arms either side of his head.

That's better. Warmer, too.

Until Kyungsoo stops moving his lips and using a handful of his shirt just below collar as leverage, lifts Jongin away, letting a shock of cool air breeze between them. Jongin frowns but acquiesces, knowing full well that if Kyungsoo doesn't want to be kissed, it's not going to happen.

“What?”

“There's still time, you could actually come to my house and be back by, say, ten?”

It's always this with him. Jongin hangs his head dramatically with a sigh. Might as well get this over with,

“Alright,” he says grudgingly, climbing off him, and sending stroppy glances his way every few seconds as he turns off the Xbox.

Kyungsoo watches him a mock benevolent smile, cross legged on the bed. Once Jongin is finished, he gives Kyungsoo a hand up to his feet and leads him downstairs.

After announcing to his mum where they're going, he slips his shoes on, spending as long as he possibly can. Time wasting, procrastinating, whatever you want to call it.

Kyungsoo gets fed up of waiting and crouches to ties Jongin's laces for him. Jongin evades him, claiming grumpily that he's not incompetent, go away!

Kyungsoo looks at him, unimpressed, until he apologises. Then he gestures towards his shoes again, and Jongin grinds his jaw, but does as requested.

Standing up slowly, he unlocks the door and steps outside, waiting for Kyungsoo to follow him. Halfway down the street, Kyungsoo takes his hand, and entwines their fingers together.

He's pretty sure he's just acting like a wronged child just to cover up the fact that he's scared. And Kyungsoo can almost certainly smell that on him.

“There's nothing to be afraid of,” Kyungsoo mutters, and Jongin looks at the floor. He's aware of this, but just knowing that won't make it go away.

He tries to it up and deal with it, trying to prep himself for not fainting in the presence of a scary alpha werewolf. It's not working; the more he thinks about it the more he worries. How long is it until they get to Kyungsoo's again?

He's never actually been there before, because before Kyungsoo told him about him being a werewolf, he never let him come over. After that, Jongin used every excuse in the book to stay away. And now those excuses have run out.

“Not far now,” Kyungsoo says, cheery but strained. It's obvious he wants Jongin to meet his parents, but he seems either disappointed or worried that Jongin doesn't.

Kyungsoo lives in a part of the town he doesn't frequent, and there's a few primary schools close by, so it's no wonder he'd never seen Kyungsoo before he turned up at college. It’s strange to think that his soulm- boyfriend was living in the same town as him the entire time.

A few minutes later, Kyungsoo points out a relatively large house at the end of the road, a pretty red brick building. It looks nice, and not at all suspicious. Not that he thought it would be anything of the sort, at least consciously. He feels guilty for building Kyungsoo's family up in his like some kind of villainous monsters, but he didn't do it on purpose.

Kyungsoo tugs Jongin forward when he starts to dawdle. When they reach the gate, Kyungsoo turns and pins him to the rock wall, hands either side of his head. . If this were any other situation, he'd laugh at how Kyungsoo has to reach up in order to do this, but right now he reckons he'd probably get a punch in the face if he did that. Kyungsoo does not look remotely happy,

“I'm not going to lie to you and say you don't have to do this. You do,” he exhales sadly, “isn't it better to get it over with now?”

“I just-” Jongin nods jerkily, “I don't want them to hate me?” eat me?

Kyungoo drops his head onto Jongin's chest with a thunk with a relived laugh,

“They won’t hate you. They've been really excited to meet you actually. Even when I still hated you-ok not hate-they were excited. If anything, they're going to be annoyingly enthusiastic,” he drops his hands, and rests them on his hips, “c'mon,” he pleads.

He admits, his fears a somewhat assuaged after that revelation. He's still nervous, but if Kyungsoo thinks that they're going to like him that much, then he'll do it.

“Ok,” he says, steeling himself. Kyungsoo smiles,

“Great,” he smiles, and Jongin smiles back, “but you should've seen your face. I can't believe my boyfriend is such a wimp,”

“I could just go home, y'know,” Jongin threatens, taking a step in the opposite direction, but he doesn't mean it at all, and Kyungsoo can tell, because he starts laughing at him again, then takes his hand and leads him down the pathway. Jongin surveys the scenery. It's nice. They obviously spend a lot of time-or money- on it.

They stand before the white-painted door together, and Jongin waits for Kyungsoo to either get out his keys or knock. He does neither: instead the door opens from the inside, revealing a woman who looks startlingly similar to Kyungsoo. Jongin can only assume she is his mother. She's a little short, with striking eyes not unlike Kyungsoo's, and has black curly hair,

“Mum,” Kyungsoo grins down at her, “Jongin,” he pulls Jongin in front of him, showcasing his boyfriend, like a little boy might show a drawing. It would surely be cute, if he weren't the thing under scrutiny.

Luckily they don't stay like that for long, as Kyungsoo's mum admonishes Kyungsoo and quickly ushers them inside.

Kyungsoo takes off his shoes so, still very nervous and probably noticeably sweating, Jongin hurries to follow his lead. After that, Kyungsoo drags the flustered Jongin into what appears to be their living room. It's fairly spacious and has an expensive wooden theme to it. Like he just stepped into a high class mansion from the Victorian era, but a bit smaller maybe. And of course loaded with modern stuff.

Kyungsoo guides Jongin to the sofa, and Jongin perches on the edge of it feeling the need to be abnormally formal. Kyungsoo flops down next to him and lets his legs rest across his lap, a position that's fairly familiar by now.

Kyungsoo's mother comes in after a few minutes of trying him to pin Kyungsoo down so he can tickle his feet. He stops instantly, contrite in the face of parental intimidation. Except she's maybe the opposite of scary. He lets go instantly, cowed and illogically apologetic.

But Jongin can't be sure, as he never thought to ask which of his parents he got his wolf genetics from was, or if they're both carriers.

“Jongin, it's nice to see you, finally,” 

-

do you ever see/read/hear something and then look back at ur own stuff and go  -_-

omg people i have an idea for another fic do i write it or not? cos if i do this one might get put on the back burner for a while, and even though i have a lot of chapters stored up, its still not technically done...ehehe i need to keep editing these pages i got like 30 left 

i feel like i should do a banner i could draw something hmm

comment please ^_^