Extra: Three

What Lurks

Drabble: wedding day (for LittleBrat)

Jongin’s heart is racing a mile a minute, and his hands are shaking. Today is the day. This is it. His wedding day. Almost three years on from when they first decided that they were going to get married, now it’s actually happening. They’ve been together for over five years now, and this day will prove to the public that they are willing to spend the rest of their lives together.

They’re only going to sign the register; they’re not bothering with a full blown ceremony with flowers and a huge guest list, and all that stuff, like Sehun and Jadzia had. Though their wedding had been beautiful, and one of Jongin's best memories, the whole ‘big white wedding’ concept doesn’t really suit either of them.

It’s going to be more like a party where they just happen to get married to each other. If they had their way, they’d be doing it in jeans and a t-shirt, but their parents, especially Jongin’s mother had disapproved, taking the reins.

He looks down at himself, critiquing his mother’s choice of suit- apparently he’d been incapable of dressing himself- and tries to smooth out the crinkles and folds that have accumulated while sat here. It doesn’t really help, and looking across the back of the taxi car seat to where his best friend is sat just makes his shoulders sag. The dork has always been able to pull formal clothing off better than him.

He bites his lip and rest his temple on the window, watching the city flash past. Since they first met, they’ve been through so much together; their own disputes, the pack war, moving house, going to university, getting a job, eventually moving in together, and dealing with general everyday things.

By all rights, he shouldn’t be scared at all, because this is something they’ve planned to do for years. He doesn’t even know why he’s scared, he’s perfectly fine with the fact that this signifies ‘moving on to a new chapter of his life,’ but he can’t stop the nerves from wracking his body.

He fiddles with the engagement ring – a thin band with three tiny crystals on- on his finger absently.

A warm hand on his shoulder makes him jump, and he turns to find a concerned looking Sehun,

“You ok? You look kinda pale,” he asks. Jongin shrugs, because he doesn’t know what to say. He can’t admit to being scared without having a reason, and he doesn’t have one.

“You’ll be fine, Jongin. You won’t mess anything up, everything will go smoothly.” Sehun placates him, “Oi. Look at me.” Jongin looks up and makes disparaging eye-contact with his best man.

“It. Will. Be. Fine. Say it with me: it will be fine,”

Jongin rolls his eyes but does it anyway. And to his surprise he does feel better afterwards, and even manages a small smile.

The taxi driver pulls into a hotel car park, with wide windows scaling the front-facing wall. This is the place where he’ll sign his name on the marriage documents and finally be able to call each other husband and husband. It’s a lot less weird than calling each other mates.

There’s already a lot of the people who they invited here, which means their families and close friends are milling around the entrance. He can’t see Kyungsoo from here though, he must be too short to see behind other people.

He gets out of the car and squints against the too-bright sunlight, holding his hand up to combat the UV rays attacking his eyes. He waits for Sehun to come round, the side by side they walk towards the very small crowd. Upon seeing him, several of them surge towards him, and the sudden clamouring of excited people unsettles him.

Luckily, one of them is Kyungsoo, who hooks his arm around Jongin’s and acts like a battering ram against the onslaught of people.

“Ok, are we all ready to go in?” Jongin’s mother stands to their left, attracting attention in a beautiful red dress and confidence he’s never seen on her before. Everyone give some sort of affirmative, so Jongin’s mum leads the crowd into the main building and organised them into their correct places.

He and Kyungsoo had had little to no part in the organisation of their own wedding, so it had turned out a little larger than they’d first wanted, since their parents plus Jadzia had taken over, but at least they’d adhered to their wishes of having no flowers.

Instead, as they passed the hall where they are to have their celebratory dinner, he saw a large glass vase on each table, filled with spherical gemstones of varying colours, and simple white swathes of fabric draped over the chairs. His heart swells with excitement.

Since it’s not a traditional wedding by any means, there isn’t a priest, and instead just a registrar. She’s an official looking lady, with sleek red hair that has to be dyed, Jongin thinks. She looks friendly enough, though, he supposes.

She stands at the front of the room, opposite three rows of eight chairs, with an aisle down the middle. Jongin’s mum organises everyone into their correct places, with close relatives at the front, friends on the row behind, and others one the row behind that. Jongin and Kyungsoo stand anxiously in front of the woman, who introduces herself as Marie.

On the small tale beside her, also draped in pretty white cloth (which upon closer inspection Jongin sees is embroidered with a floral pattern in the same colour. So much for no flowers,) is a thick book. It lies there, wide open, with several boxes for them to fill out. All they need to do now is complete it and they’ll be officially married in the eyes of the law.

“Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to witness the wedding of Kyungsoo Do, and Jongin Kim.”

Forgetting all about his nerves, he takes hold of Kyungsoo’s hand and smiles down at him.

“Ladies and gentlemen, we now come to the part of the ceremony which holds the greatest significance to the two grooms here,” she pronounces, arms held open slightly, “I trust you two have memorised them?” She asks politely, but with a twinkle in her eyes. Jongin and Kyungsoo both nod. She smiles serenely,

“Good, and I trust you understand the significance of these vows?” they both nod again.

“Jongin and Kyungsoo have written personal vows, which they now wish to express to one another,” she clasps her hands in front of her and tilts her head, telling them to begin.

Kyungsoo begins, voice quiet but loud enough to be heard by everyone,

“I Kyungsoo, take you Jongin to be my husband, my partner in life and my one true love. I will cherish our union and love you more each day than I did before. I will trust you and respect you, laugh with you and cry with you, loving you faithfully through good times and bad, regardless of the obstacles we may face together. I give you my hand, my heart, and my love, from this day forward for as long as we both shall live,”

His face is a little pink by the end of his vow, and when he’s done he bites his lip and looks up at Jongin through his eyelashes. A rare moment of weakness that has Jongin’s eyes watering with the overflowing emotions.

“I Jongin, take you Kyungsoo to be my husband, my partner in life and my one true love. I will cherish our union and love you more each day than I did before.” Jongin’s vision goes blurry so he reaches up and wipes his eyes, instigating a small ‘aww’ from somewhere in the audience. Probably Sehun.

“I will trust you and respect you, laugh with you and cry with you, loving you faithfully through good times and bad, regardless of the obstacles we may face together. I give you my hand, my heart, and my love, from this day forward for as long as we both shall live,”

Kyungsoo takes hold of both of his hands and grips them tightly.

Marie nods to Kyungsoo’s cousin behind them. They’d managed to find a cousin on Kyungsoo’s mother’s side of the family to be the ring bearer. Jongin is quite fond of the little boy, as he’s extremely energetic and every time they’ve met before he’s ended up giving him a shoulder ride. He looks very sweet in his tiny tuxedo, and holds up a small velveteen black box, containing their rings.

They’re simple silver bands, thicker than the engagement ones, but with a lot more meaning.

With Marie’s instruction, Kyungsoo takes a ring, and slips it onto Jongin’s finger,

“With this ring, I thee wed,”

Jongin does the same for Kyungsoo, and Marie says from somewhere outside of his bubble that only contains him and Kyungsoo,

“I pronounce you husband and husband. You may now kiss.”

Kyungsoo crooks his finger under Jongin’s chin and leans up to peck his lips, letting it linger a few seconds longer than perhaps necessary. Not that Jongin minds. Jongin pulls back and rests his forehead against Kyungsoo’s. His eyes are watering too.

They kiss one more time, but Sehun –unashamed as ever- interjects, with an ironic wolf whistle, making Kyungsoo side eye him. A smattering of laughter erupts amongst the guests, but they reluctantly pull away from one another anyway.

Jongin looks around and feels a pang in his chest when he sees his mother wiping tears away with a tissue, and most of the other guests doing their best to contain themselves. Not all succeeding.

“Now for the most important part; signing the wedding registry.” Marie says gesturing to the book sat beside her. Jongin picks up the silver pen lying in the middle of the pages, and starts to fill in the necessary information, with the assistance of his husband leaning over his shoulder, and both of their parents now standing on the opposite side as witnesses.

With the last word written, and the registrar’s signature signed, Jongin looks at Kyungsoo proudly. And Kyungsoo stares back, his best smile making him glow under the fluorescent lighting. Jongin lets out a choked laugh, and pulls Kyungsoo in for a hug, wrapping his arms around Kyungsoo’s waist and squeezing.

Kyungsoo tucks his head under Jongin’s chin and sighs happily.

“You know,” he starts,” Blaidd is the loudest if seen him in a long time. But I don’t even care.”

Jongin just beams, turns him around and walks him to the dining hall. Before they eat, they take photos in the hotel garden, thanking all higher power that it isn’t raining today. For one of the photos, the photographer tells someone to ‘pick him up,’ probably expecting Jongin to pick up Kyungsoo, but everyone laughs and hoots when Kyungsoo swoops his arm under Jongin’s legs and hefts him off the ground.

For the meal, they sit down at the main table and apart from the speeches near the end of the meal- where for the most part both of them have their faces in their hands because the speeches are always designed to embarrass the people getting married- they only have eyes for each other.

Later on, after playing for a little with Kyungsoo’s cousin again- he is really cute, after all- the DJ arrives and calls them to the dance floor for the first dance. It’s just a small space with fairy lights around, but it works for them. It’s a slow song, so Jongin loosely slings his arms around Kyungsoo’s waist again, and Kyungsoo ties his around his neck.

They gently sway to the rhythm of the song, and somehow Jongin manages to convey without words the inexplicable happiness he’s feeling right now. It’s like getting married twice, the best of both worlds. Mating explains everything in the wolf world, but since he’s not a wolf, marriage makes more sense to him. Maybe that’s why he’s feeling it more strongly this time round.

Gradually, the miniature dance floor fills up with more people.

“I love you, Kyungsoo,” Jongin mumbles into his ear, nuzzling into his hair.

“I love you too, Jongin,” they’re allowed to be sappy on their wedding day,

“If I could stop time and spend eternity just like this, I think I would,”

“Ok, no need for that, Mr cheesy-gross-pile-of ,”

“I think you mean ‘Mr Kim Jongin, married to Mr Kim Kyungsoo,” Jongin retorts smugly.

“I will bite you, don’t think I won’t just because we’re in public,” he snarls, but the way he buries his face into Jongin’s chest tells him he’s only joking.

“But really, I would,”

“Shh,”

 

--

ok first of all what is fluff i dont understand, second this turned out longer than i expected haha...ha

i actually researched this a bit, but if i got stuff wrong let me know (ive only been to like 2 weddings and i dont remember much dont hate mee >_< )

ask.fm still open, i'll take prompts, anything you want really :D and my tumblr is here i dont post a lot about fic updates, but it feels like there isnt really anyone to tell lol so idk come talk to me (。・ω・。)ノ

comments make the world go round ( ˘ ³˘)❤