Thirty Three

What Lurks

The arranged meeting somehow turns out to be a double date. Jongin –and probably Kyungsoo too- has never even been on a normal date, so this is uncharted territory for them.

They only stand around in the cold for a few more minutes, before Sehun suggests going somewhere else to get warm. Then they have to decide where to go –Jadzia objects to McDonalds but she ends up being the minority vote.

“Who actually has money?” Sehun asks, “’cause I only brought enough for the bus,” he confesses sheepishly. Jongin and Kyungsoo check their pockets,

“Sehun, you are the only one without money,” Kyungsoo determines,

“Oh,” he makes a face to showcase his displeasure, but then in what is beginning to become a persevering trait in wolves, Jadzia comes to the rescue,

“Don’t worry, I’ll pay for you,” she winks at him, and takes his hand as they walk to the closest bit of town with a McDonalds in-Kyungsoo’s side of the border. Jongin is pretty impressed that she doesn’t look remotely anxious to be here. And neither does Kyungsoo, for bringing her here.

Over greasy burgers and fries, they learn that Jadzia is in fact a few years older than Sehun, but not planning to go to university, and is a fan of sports- or watching it on TV anyway- and has various shirts with all sorts of players from lots of different sports names on them. Her most prized possession is a shirt with ‘Rio Ferdinand’ on it.

After everyone has finished, Sehun looks longingly at the large picture of the McFlurry until Jadzia buys one for him, and he eats it outside in the cold on the way round town- there’s not much to do around here, it’s not a large city the most they can do is browse shops. Jongin’s favourite is Game-complaining that his hands are going to fall off,

“You’re such an idiot for getting that,” Jongin laughs unsympathetically.

“Screw you,” he mutters, which seems to be becoming his best retort these days. Not nearly as creative as my boyfriend, he thinks. He observes quietly, over the course of the afternoon, how the pair look at each other. They can barely keep their hands off each other-Jadzia keeps touching Sehun’s chin, and Sehun Jadzia’s arms and hands- let alone their gazes.

He now understands what Kyungsoo meant earlier. But then something else occurs to him, while looking through the DVDs; When is Jadzia planning on telling Sehun? It must be soon, with the way they’re regarding the other like he and Kyungsoo aren’t even there. It could be dangerous to keep him in the dark too long, too.

At least he doesn’t have to worry about him as much as before, with Jadzia looking after him. Jadzia seems extremely capable, and more than enough to take care of him.

Once or twice Jongin asks Kyungsoo to buy him something, but he’s rejected;

“I can’t afford it, maybe some other time. Or you could just buy it yourself,”

“Stingy,” he mutters, wrinkling his nose and waiting for Kyungsoo to take the bait,

“Uh, excuse you, you have plenty of money, stop being a ing prat,” Kyungsoo raises his eyebrows incredulously and pries the object out of his hands and places it back down,

“Rude,” he singsongs,

“ you,” Kyungsoo laughs at him, and even harder when Jongin just smiles benevolently back.

About an hour later, he’s examining the back of one DVD case, thinking that this one sounds relatively interesting compared to the usual plotless thriller movies, when Kyungsoo sneaks up behind him and snakes his hands around him and slips them into the front pockets of his coat.

“I think we’re going now,” he announces, so Jongin puts the DVD back on the shelf with his lips pursed, “yeah, Sehun wants to go. I swear he’s not normally this. This weird normally. He’s acting like such a baby for her,” Jongin turns around to look at him. It’s sort of true; he’s been a little whiny all day and seems to like being mothered by Jadzia.

And she’s all mushy towards him too, offering everything and withholding almost nothing. Maybe it’s because she’s older than him. It contrasts quite nicely to how Jongin is with Kyungsoo, constantly butting heads and play-fighting over stuff, but then when one of them needs it they transform into the most caring boyfriends they could possibly be.

It just goes to show that every relationship is different, he supposes. As they leave the shop, nobody having bought anything, Kyungsoo pulls Jongin to the side and tugs his head down so he can whisper in his ear without being heard,

“Could you distract Sehun for a moment? I want to talk to Jadzia about, um, diplomacy stuff before we all go home, ‘k?”

“Mhm,” Jongin grins, and nods, happy for any excuse to wind Sehun up. Kyungsoo pats his and jerks his head in Sehun’s direction, as if to say ‘well get on with it then.’

“Yes, sir,” Jongin wrinkles his nose, although he knows this is probably an important conversation Kyungsoo is about to partake. He sidles up to his long time best friend and side-eyes him,

“What,” Sehun deadpans, suspicious of his abruptly clingy behaviour. He’s been touchy-feely with Kyungsoo all afternoon so that’s hardly surprising.

“Jadzia’s nice,” he comments quietly, not really caring if she can hear him, and grips his wrist. He guides him a few feet away, leaving Jadzia open for tactical ambush.

“What are you doing?” he does not look impressed.

We are discussing your love-life,” Jongin informs him with a patronising face,

“You are so gay,” Sehun recoils in mock-disgust, and Jongin makes a face back,

“Seriously, though, she’s not secretly horrible to you is she?” he’s only half serious when he says this, as his judgement has already been made,

“Does she look horrible to you?” Sehun says, glancing at her talking to Kyungsoo. Jongin looks between them; Sehun’s eyelashes flutter when she glances back his way and smiles reassuringly, wordlessly promising him that nothing is wrong, everything is ok,

“Ew,” he remarks, referring to how smitten his best friend looks.

“Shut up, it’s not like you were any better. In fact, you were probably worse. At least I didn’t have to be told that I had a crush on her,” Sehun hisses, but Jongin can tell he’s only joking by the exaggerated face he’s pulling.

“Ok, ok,” he concedes, raising his hands in defeat, “just one question though; have you met her parents yet? ‘cos that’s how you’ll know whether she intends to keep you,” he laughs at the uncomfortable set to Sehun’s shoulders this inquiry has provoked.

“She doesn’t want me to come over,” he murmurs, “she says ‘not yet’ but. I don’t know, I guess we’ve technically not been going out that long. So it’s not that big of a deal. If she’s still trying to stop me in like a month, then I’ll start to worry,” he chuckles self-depreciatingly.

“Don’t worry, I’m pretty sure it won’t take too long for her to come round,” Jongin says, eying the way she and his boyfriend seem to be arguing subtly about something. At least they don’t seem particularly hostile, just exasperated. Jongin wonders what they’re discussing. Sehun tries to follow the line of his eyes, but staying true to Kyungsoo’s request, thinks of something, to make him keep looking at him,

“Uhm, what did you have for breakfast this morning?” , why is he such an idiot. That was maybe the stupidest thing he could have said, Sehun’ll definitely be suspicious of that.

“What?” Sehun swivels his head back, like an owl, instantly forgetting about Jadzia, and laughs. He presses his hand against Jongin’s forehead, “Jongin, are you ok?”

“Yep,” he says, recoiling from Sehun’s hand like he’s got rabies, “ah stop touching me,” he whines but Sehun doesn’t stop, and just keeps laughing at him with those screwed up eyes and wide open mouth.

“Get off, oh my god,” he tries to sound threatening, or at least serious, but Sehun catches him in the nose accidentally and it makes him kinda half-hiccup halfway through. They descend into play-fighting, wrestling, like they did when they were younger before the rest of their friends joined the group. It makes him almost dizzy with nostalgia, “What does Jadzia see in you?”

“I see plenty of things in my Sehunnie,” Jadzia butts in, sliding an arm around Sehun’s waist. He becomes completely docile under her touch, dropping everything and leaning gently into her side.

Kyungsoo is stood next to them, side-eying them with his nostrils flared. Jongin’s a tiny bit annoyed too. Jongin his lips so he doesn’t make any noise, grappling for his hand and holding it tight. Even when they first started dating, which wasn’t all that long ago to be fair; just a couple of months really, they weren’t this…romantic. It makes him uncomfortable.

Jongin has a feeling that these two will be giving each other gifts wrapped in pink paper, adorned with hearts, ribbons and glitter for Valentine’s Day and their birthdays and for Christmas.

If Kyungsoo’s lucky he’ll get a card, and some vouchers for like a free hug or something. And maybe a chocolate bar. Jadzia watches him speculatively, and twists to one side,

“Ok, so I think we’re going home now?” Kyungsoo nods fervently, squeezing Jongin’s fingers until they contort painfully, bending into unnatural positions. Jongin doesn’t say anything, as Kyungsoo looks like his face is made out of stone.

“Yep. Let’s go, then,” Kyungsoo agrees, starting to head off in the direction off of home, tugging Jongin along after him. Jongin thinks he hears Jadzia say,

“Do you wanna come over to my place?” but he can’t be sure because of the wind.

--

 

 

fluffy fillerish stuff enjoy it while u can mwahahahaha

im so glad i have these chapters stocked up as i have exams for the next two weeks lmao lets hope i dont run oput because after that you may be waiting a longg time :/ 

i just made an ask.fm account here where i will be answering questions in CHARACTER so gogogo ask away, anything at all you wanna know ^__^

comment? (。・ω・。)ノ