Little by Little

Are You Happy?

Tiffany mentally scolded herself, she lost her argumentation to her boss a week ago and now she was here again in front of Taeyeon’s apartment. She prepared herself for the worst before she knocked on the door. A sleepy Taeyeon opened the door and told her to come in.

“No need to tell me, Sunny told me everything”

“Oh, okay”

“Wait here, just sit down and I’ll be back in 20 minutes”

“Arasso”

            Tiffany felt weird with Taeyeon being all calm, it’s the first time she treated her like this. Tiffany thought that Taeyeon must be forgot to drink her med and Tiffany chuckled because of her own silly thought. She could hear Taeyeon singing, and the sound of shower splashing, Tiffany took her recorder and her note to write anything about Taeyeon later. Taeyeon came while brought her tea and cake. It made Tiffany shivered, confused about Taeyeon sudden change.

“What? You dislike tea and cake?”

“Ah, no, it just…”

“Sunny told me, that once I finished with those report of yours then I won’t meet you anymore so I agree”

            Tiffany felt her heart shaken, those lips just saying whatever came to her mind without even thinking that it may sound offended to Tiffany. She tried her best to keep calm and replied her coldly.

“I do too”

“Great. Let’s start now”

“So, Taeyeon shi could you tell me about your family?”

“Hm…should I answer that?”

“Of course, people need to know some details about your life”

“Hm…I live alone”

“Huh?”

“My parents and sister were died in a car accident”

“Oh, sorry to hear that”

“It’s okay. Another question”

            Taeyeon kept herself being cool, Tiffany looked at Taeyeon sadly. Tiffany thought to herself, ‘So this is why she’s being cold and ignorant sometimes’. Tiffany wrote down some information more. She also prepared some questions beforehand so she could make it quick and finished the interview faster.

“I heard you were lived with a relative, when you were young”

“Yeah”

“Could you tell me some more?”

“I don’t want to answer about that”

            Tiffany looked at Taeyeon confusedly, Taeyeon looked so fierce right now. ‘I guess I asked the wrong question’, Tiffany tried to change question when Taeyeon held her wrist tight.

“Are you happy?”

“Huh?”

“You, drunken retard!”

            Tiffany was pushed to lay on the couch, Taeyeon looked at her in disgust and anger. Taeyeon almost slapped her face if only Sunny didn’t come and ran to stop her. Sunny brought her to her room, and apologized to Tiffany. Tiffany was so afraid and her eyes a bit teary, her hands were red too. Taeyeon treated her badly again, it made Tiffany scared. Sunny approached her and sat next to her.

“Are you okay?”

“What was that? Why she’s mad at me?”

“Uh, what did you say to her?”

“I’m just asking, something about family issue”

“Did she say about her uncle?”

“Uncle? Who?”

            Sunny shook her head, she smiled at Tiffany forcefully and patted her shoulder. She tried to make Tiffany calm a bit. Tiffany drank her tea as she recalled about what happen earlier.

“She treated poorly by her uncle. She dislike it when people asked her about that, because she couldn’t forget it.”

“But…Is Taeyeon okay? I mean she has a serious mood swing”

“She’s okay, just need to calm down a little.”

            Taeyeon came out from her room, unexpectedly calm. Sunny smiled at her as she stood up but Tiffany held the tip of Sunny’s shirt. Sunny looked at her and told her quietly ‘it’s okay’. Tiffany afraid as hell when Taeyeon sat next to her, Sunny bid her goodbye and signal Tiffany to call her whenever she need it since Sunny were visiting Hyomin’s apartment which is near Taeyeon’s.

            When Sunny went away, the room was silence. No one really talked, Taeyeon looked blank for a while, Tiffany couldn’t read her at all and it only made her scared more. Tiffany played with her fingers nervously, when Taeyeon finally spoke to her slowly.

“S…sorry”

“Huh? What for?”

“Whatever I did earlier”

“You mean?”

“I don’t know”

“Oh, okay”

“Can I ask you something?”

            Taeyeon looked at Tiffany, she gulped a little as she continued her speak. Tiffany didn’t even dare to look at her , she looked down because afraid of whatever she did only make thing worse later.

“Ms. Hwang”

“Y…Yes?”

“How does it feel?”

“What?”

“Uh…nothing”

“What is it?”

            Tiffany finally looked at her annoyingly since she didn’t know what Taeyeon wanted to ask. Taeyeon looked down nervously, Tiffany only blinked her eyes. ‘What is this? A moment ago she acted like she wanted to kill me, then now she looks like she is afraid of me’, Tiffany thought to herself.

“Can I touch you?”

“Huh? Pardon Ms. Kim Taeyeon shi?”

“Can you allow me?”

“But this is…arasso…but tell me which part you want to touch”

“I don’t know”

“You don’t know?”

“M…maybe hand”

            Tiffany offered her hand hesitantly, it took a while for Taeyeon to hold her. Taeyeon moved her hand slowly to approach Tiffany’s hand. Taeyeon finger touched Tiffany’s backhand like it was a bug, she poked it hesitantly. Tiffany watched Taeyeon acted weirdly, she found it funny but if she laughed then Taeyeon might feel offended again. So Tiffany held her laughter as Taeyeon kept scanning her hand by poking it gently.

“Are you done?”

“Not yet, can I smell it?”

“Huh? Smell my hand?”

            Taeyeon looked at Tiffany with pleading eyes as if she was a puppy which just found her toy to play. ‘How cute’, Tiffany tried not to smile as she gave in and nodded her head agree with Taeyeon’s request. Taeyeon held Tiffany’s shirt and made sure not making physical contact but her nose smelled Tiffany’s hand, exhaled the scent that come from Tiffany’s body lotion. Taeyeon grinned like a kid, her breaths were touching Tiffany’s hand and it tickled. Tiffany couldn’t help as she giggled a little.

 

 

*

annyeong ^^

don't forget to comment and subscribe, anyway see you on the next update