One Step Closer

Are You Happy?

Tiffany read her new book quietly as she could hear Jessica’s breath near her neck, she chuckled a little because it was tickling her. She continued her read as she wrapped her arms around Jessica’s waist to prevent her from falling on her deep sleep.

***

Once upon a time, there was a fairy living in a deep dark forest. She is the wisest and beautiful fairy who lived there, yet no one found her out. One day, a girl lost in the forest as she kept walking more inside the dark forest. She ran away from home because her thought kept saying it wasn’t her home. She just lived with a stranger that forced to live with her.

“What are you doing here, pretty girl?”

“Who are you?”

“Me? I’m just a tiny human, I think”

“But you have wings”

“I’m born to be different”

“It’s good to be you, I wish I had wings too”

“Why?”

“I want to find my mom, she left me alone”

“Why did she do that?”

“Some adult said it was because I’m ugly”

“No, you’re not ugly, you’re beautiful. Oh, what happen to your arms?”

“Nothing, it’s just a punishment because I’m ugly”

The fairy went closer to the little girl but she took a step back, it kept going like that for a moment. They seemed like doing catch and run, until both of them exhausted. They both laid down on the ground and looked at the sky, although they couldn’t see much since it was dark with a little dim light from a far. The little girl sat down as the fairy looked at her secretly. They both not even were trying to talk.

 ***

            Tiffany read some more of the book as she yawned, she glanced at the clock and it was 01.00 am. She decided to take a rest after she placed her book on the drawer, she laid Jessica’s down and covered her with blanket and went to the couch to sleep. After a few hours, Tiffany fell asleep meanwhile Jessica just opened her eyes.

“Baby Tiff, when will you think that you deserve to be happy, too”

            Jessica sighed as she walked to the couch and took Tiffany to sleep on the bed. Tiffany usually rest on the couch for most of the time just like a habit, unless Jessica forced her to sleep next to her. Jessica thought to herself, she convinced herself that the plan should be succeed no matter what though she will be hurt later.

            Jessica laid Tiffany on the bed, she rest next to her and cover them with the blanket to sleep. She patted Tiffany’s head and smiled softly.

“I love you”

***

            Taeyeon felt restless since yesterday, she couldn’t sleep at all. Having a nightmare was the worse option she didn’t want to get, she started to hallucinate again as the clock started tickling. She hide herself near the kitchen sink as she covered her ears, she could hear a footstep closer to her hidden place she was. She shivered again as she tried to shut her eyes closed. The footstep sounded clearer now, she startled.

            Taeyeon opened her eyes slowly and found no one, she sighed in relief as she tried to stand but she felt a goosebump on her neck. He was coming again, she could sense it. Her mind was blown when she heard a door knob, another footstep and she almost fainted as she started sweating cold.

“W...Who’s there?”

            Taeyeon frozen when she felt someone’s hand was on her shoulder. She didn’t even move from her place, too scared to turn her head and see who it was. She startled and closed her eyes as she defended herself with her arms as a shield.

“P…please, I promise I would behave well. D…don’t beat me”

“Hey, Taeng. It’s me, Sunny”

            Taeyeon opened her eyes, all she could she was her uncle in front of her smirking evilly. She couldn’t hear anything as she kept struggling from Sunny’s hand.

“No, please…don’t”

“Taeng, hey…wake up”

            Sunny shook her body to make her back to her consciousness, but Taeyeon only looked at her in fear as she was tearing up a little. Sunny looked at her worriedly and tried to hug her tight but Taeyeon forcefully pushed her away.

“Taeyeon, please wake up. It’s me, Sunny”

“STOP, I TELL YOU TO STOP. DON’T TOUCH ME!”

“Taeyeon ah, please come to your sense”

“NO, PLEASE DON’T. STOP, I PROMISE I WILL BEHAVE, STOP!”

            Sunny couldn’t stand to see it anymore so she slapped Taeyeon hard, Taeyeon almost hit the floor if only Sunny didn’t hold her arm. Taeyeon looked at Sunny with anger as she grabbed Sunny’s collar shirt.

“Yah, what are you doing?”

“Sorry”

“It hurts”

“I know, I’m sorry”

“You jerk”

            Sunny chuckled after she could see Taeyeon pouted while rubbing her red cheek. Sunny helped her to stand, Taeyeon looked at her annoyingly. She walked with her to the living room, they both sat on the couch before Sunny started talking.

“Taeyeon, do me a favor?”

“You just slapped me and want a favor from me? Are you kidding me?”

“Just listen and no more complaining, I said sorry about earlier and that’s it”

“Yah, it hurts. My cheek is sting now, it feels like burning”

“I’m sorry, just do me a favor this time I won’t ask anything again, I promise”

“Okay, what favor?”

“Date Jessica”

“Huh? Who?”

“Jessica Jung, Tiffany’s friend”

“Why me? Why I should date Jessica?”

            Sunny explained about a story that she made up herself, she didn’t want Taeyeon to find out her real reason. Taeyeon kept arguing about Sunny’s plan, Sunny sighed heavily before she flicked Taeyeon’s forehead.

“Just listen to me and do it”

“But…Sunny…”

“Why do you object the offer? Tell me your reason”

“I don’t know, I just…think…she…you know…I think…being involve with this kind of thing…is hard for me…she…I…uh...”

“Do it, for me. Please~”

“Yah, don’t do your aegyo to me, it gross”

“So, is that a yes?”

“Urgh, I will hate you forever Sunny”

“It’s a yes then, and I love you too”

“Stop telling me those lies. For how long I need to date her?”

“A month”

“That is too long”

“You won’t realize it when it ends, trust me”

“I never trust you on the first place”

“Hug?”

“No thanks”

            Sunny grinned widely as she teased cynical Taeyeon, she was glad that Taeyeon finally agreed though it was by force. She could only hope for Jessica’s plan to work later. Sunny remembered the conversation that she had with Jessica earlier.

‘The plan is to let me date Taeyeon’

‘Why? Didn’t you say you’ll set Tiffany and Taeyeon together?’   

‘I need to have more authentic information about Taeyeon first, so I can set how to make them together’

‘Are you sure it’s better to do that? What if in the half way you fall for Taeyeon?’

‘*chuckles*Kill me if I do that’

‘Be serious, here’

‘I won’t, I love Tiffany’

***

Hey, there. Thanks for subscribes and comments, see you on the next chapter (maybe i'll post it late since i'm having a hard time to write nowadays because my mood keep going up and down. I admit it, this fanfic is the most hardest thing i write, since i usually write romcom or fluffy).