It Has Nothing To Do With My Feelings (Tiff POV)

Are You Happy?

I saw both of them slowly faded away from my sight, I closed the curtain and tried to smile. My phone was just ringing and I rushed to pick it up but my leg hit the edge of the bed. I hissed in pain and picked it up soon. It was Sunny, she wanted to meet and talk something.

             I hurriedly went downstairs after picking up some random clothes since Sunny said she’s already in the lobby. I saw Sunny whom was sitting and busy chatting with some strangers in the lobby. I smiled at her when our eyes met, but she soon frowned and approached me.

“Tiffany, what happen with your leg?”

“Huh?”

            I looked down and saw my leg bruised and swollen, Sunny bent down and saw my swollen leg. I bite my lips hard to stop myself groan in pain when she touched it. Sunny stood up and put my arm around her shoulder to help me to walk.

“I’m okay, it’s not a big deal Sunny. We better go now”

“Let’s just go back to your apartment, Tiffany”

“But…”

“Why?”

“I…don’t want to be back there…at least for a while”

“But your leg is swollen, it will be bad if it didn’t get any treatment”

“I’m okay….I just…I want to go out”

“Hmm, okay. Let just find a cozy place near here so you won’t overwork your leg, arasso?”

“Thanks Sunny”

            I smiled as we both walked to the parking lot and Sunny drove soon after to the café nearby. We both ordered some coffee and waffle before finally started talking.

“Hmm, Tiffany actually I have something to tell you”

“What is it?”

“Taeyeon said she would rather do the interview by phone or email”

“Eh? She said that? But…why don’t she say that to me earlier when she met me?”

“She didn’t want to say it by herself so she asked me to deliver it to you”

“But...I thought she…maybe I should ask her personally why she didn’t want me to meet her for the interview later”

“No, she dislikes confrontation. You know she often switch mood, she may get angry later if you asked it. It will offend her”

“I…Does it mean I can’t see her?”

“M…Maybe”

“Ah, okay…”

“Why? You sound so disappointed”

“Ah, no…It has nothing to do with my feelings”

“Are you sure? You can talk to me if you want it”

“No, it’s okay. I understand her point”

“Tiffany, you look really sad”

“I’m okay, no need to worry about me. I think I better go now”

“But how about the coffee and the waffle you’ve ordered?”

“I have something important to do at home, sorry”

“I’ll drive you home then”

“Thanks, Sunny”

“No problem”

            I saw Sunny smiled at me and helped me walk to the parking lot after we paid the bill. I kept silent whilst Sunny’s driving to the apartment, she left once we arrived at the building and made sure I reach my place. She didn’t even come in, maybe she knew I need some time alone. I sighed and laid myself on the couch, kept looking up to the ceiling and my mind started to wander around.

“Please be happy…”

            I felt my eyes became heavy and slowly fell asleep. Jessica woke me up by patting my arm lightly, I got up lazily. She grinned and sat next to me.

“Hey, babe. Let’s eat, I bet you’re hungry so I stopped by and bought some breads from the bakery shop you like”

“I’m not hungry Jess, just let me sleep”

“Oh, come on Tiff. You need to eat, you need to recover from your fever”

“I’m completely healing, Jess”

“You liar”

            Jessica just put her hand on my forehead, and she pouted. I looked at her and sighed defeated, I looked at my favorite bread and took it.

“Okay, okay. I’ll eat now, happy?”

“Yup, so happy. Eat a lot okay? I’m going to shower first”

“Arasso”

            I took a bite but then I felt a little bit salty when I swallowed it, the bread is actually fine and taste good as ever it just my tears slowly fell down. I rubbed my eyes harshly, scolded myself to stop crying. The bread reminds me of dad, he used to buy me one whenever he came home from work, when I was five. Mom never like me ever since I was born, she said I’m unwanted child. If only I didn’t come to her life she wouldn’t be with my dad, she always told me that whenever she was drunk. There was a time, just once when she wasn’t drunk that she told me she liked me a little. I used to think it was the truth, even after dad was killed for helping someone who was robbed.

            I used to believe what my heart said, until that time, before my mom died in front of me after said those hurtful words again. Everything was black, my mind, my heart, my soul, just shattered. It wasn’t painful now, just sometimes, when I unconsciously recalled those memories I keep on believing that someone like me didn’t deserve to be loved and all those sweet words are just lies.

            I swallowed the bread again, this time hardly since it was stuck on my throat as I forcefully swallowed it all at once. Jessica was calling me to help her bring her towel so I stood up and slapped my face hard to put my mask again, the bright and bubbly Tiffany.

“Arasso, just stop complaining Jess or I’ll kick your ”

“Yah, how dare you say that to me?”

“Because I’m Tiffany? *chuckles* That’s why”

“Whatever, now give it to me *rolls eyes*”

            Jessica’s head sneaked out the door, she was probably completely . I let out my tongue out and by hiding the towel behind my back and she kept on whining.

***

How is this chapter? I just think this chapter is a little bit lacking xD

Anyway, see you on the next chapter though not so soon