Time to Reveal

Are You Happy?

The next day after Tiffany got home shivering in fear, Jessica thought this time she need to talk with Taeyeon to know what happened to Tiffany. She tidy up her skirt and cardigan before she kissed Tiffany on her forehead.

“Rest well Tiff, I put some bread and milk on the table. Eat it later, okay?”

“Where are you going, Jess?”

“Going out, with friend”

            Jessica lied to her but Tiffany didn’t seem to care. She got fever and her temperature still risen up so she need rest a lot, and Jessica knew that Tiffany hate to show herself being weak. She dislikes to be accompanied even when she was sick. Jessica bid her goodbye before she locked the door and went out to meet Taeyeon.

            It took an hour to drive to the café that Taeyeon and Jessica supposed to meet, Jessica was late for five minutes and Taeyeon seemed sulking. She glared at Jessica for a few seconds when Jessica sat next to her.

“Sorry, I’m late”

“I really hate someone who didn’t come on time”

“I know, it’s not like I intend to. Traffic jam, you know?”

“Don’t make any excuse. What do you want to talk?”

“I’ll just be blunt, what happen to Tiffany back then?”

“Huh? Why you too, interrogating me for the same question? First Sunny, and now you”

“She came home in fear, something must be happen when she stayed up on your place”

“I don’t know, she ignored me the time she woke up. But she had a nightmare it seems. She almost cry in her sleep. Just that”

“Okay *sighs*”

“Hey, don’t sigh in front of me. It’s rude”

“Sorry, I just…”

            Jessica scanned Taeyeon’s face up close and she grinned after. Taeyeon retreated a little, she was surprised that Jessica just leaned closer to her all of sudden.

“W…What? What do you want to do to me?”

“I’m analyzing thing, give me Sunny’s number. Your editor”

“How on earth you know about Sunny?”

“Tiffany told me anything about you, your behavior and Sunny”

“She did? Did she talk bad about me?”

“I won’t say anything, just it’s a secret between me and her”

“It looks like both of you really close, why don’t you two just dating?”

            Taeyeon said sarcastically, somehow she felt anger take over her but she didn’t know the cause of it. She sat arrogantly now, Jessica was taken aback with her sudden change reaction.

“What’s wrong with you, Taeyeon shi?”

“Have you finished your talk now? I have to go”

“Yah!”

“Don’t shout at me, you idiot”

“Kim Taeyeon shi, you jerk”

“I know, I heard that for so many times already”

            Taeyeon smirked, Jessica suddenly remembered what Tiffany has been said to her ‘Isn’t she just like me?’. Jessica remained calm as she sat again.

“Listen, Kim Taeyeon. I love you”

“WHAT? What kind of crazy talk is this?”

“I love you”

“No”

“I love you”

“You liar”

“I love you”

“NO, PLEASE SHUT UP”

“I love you”

“No, you don’t…”

            Jessica stayed cool though in her heart she really embarrassed, ‘Jeez, this is embarrassing. Why did I need to do this kind of thing again? She’s not Tiffany, I hope she won’t misunderstand it’. Taeyeon covered her ears and she looked down. Taeyeon slowly became calm, Jessica tried not to laugh since her reaction almost similar to Tiffany in the past.

“So, can you give me Sunny’s number?”

“I’ll write it down…”

“Good”

“Just…don’t say that gross words again”

“Did you hate it?”

“I just feel uneasy…”

“Okay, I won’t say it again”

“Hmm”

“You should answer me with ‘thank you’ instead of ‘hmm’, you know”

“I’m still learning to utter some words, don’t add much to my limited vocabulary”

“You’re funny *giggles* is it hard to say something nice?”

“Yeah…It took me two freaking months to learn to utter word ‘sorry’ to people”

“Just like Tiffany...”

“Huh? What’s with ms. Hwang?”

“Nothing, and why are you still call her miss Hwang?”

“I just can’t say…”

            Jessica noticed something, Taeyeon cheek’s slowly became red but she suddenly changed her attitude again.

“Stop asking, it’s none of your business”

“Okay, okay. I’m done talking to you anyway.”

Jessica sipped her coffee and waffles, they didn’t talk until both finished eating their meal.

“Okay, now I’ll go”

“Sure, thank you anyway for your treat Kim Taeyeon shi”

“Hmm”

            Jessica giggled as they both stood up and walked out together. As they both came out from the café, a man with bicycle came across them in a hurry. Taeyeon almost got hit if only Jessica didn’t pull her in by the waist. The man apologized before he kept riding his bicycle away.

“Are you okay, Taeyeon?”

“Put away your arms on me”

“Huh?”

“You jerk”

“Yah, I didn’t mean to touch you. Be reasonable, I just help you earlier”

“Still, you’re a jerk”

            Jessica released her arms on Taeyeon’s waist. Taeyeon looked really angry, Jessica took a step back and made some distances. Jessica walked to the parking lot with her but both of them didn’t talk again. Taeyeon only nodded her head when Jessica bid her goodbye, ‘It will be hard, can I do it?’, she thought to herself as she called Sunny.        

***