To Mend Two Broken Souls

Are You Happy?

Wrapped up, so consumed by all this hurt
If you ask me, don't know where to start
Anger, love, confusion
Roads that go nowhere
I know that somewhere better
'Cause you always take me there

Taeyeon and Tiffany went to Jessica's place, they packed up all Tiffany's stuff and brought them inside Taeyeon's car. Tiffany was nervous and Taeyeon normally didn't talk much while she's thinking. So the two of them were silent all the time. They bid goodbye to Jessica. 

"I'll sold this place soon, my new apartment are near Sunny and Hyomin. You two can visit me next week probably"

"Sure, Jess"

"I..."

"You don't have to say anything Taeyeon, i know. Just take care of her for me. I'll be more than happy"

Taeyeon nodded slowly, she walked to the elevator while bringing the remaining of Tiffany's belonging. Tiffany hugged her best friend before she followed Taeyeon behind. They both just stared at each other inside the elevator, blushing shyly once in a while when their eyes met. Tiffany went inside the car and wait for Taeyeon to come back from the back of the car.

Taeyeon came and sat before she started the engine of her car, she told Tiffany to fasten her seatbelt and drove slow. They both just awkwardly silent in the car so every move they made just cause the other to notice it. Tiffany shifted her sitting position so Taeyeon glanced at her.

"Why? What's wrong?"

"Ah, it's just....i feel uncomfortable"

"I see...do you want to listen to the radio?"

"Hm, it's fine Tae"

"You sure?"

"Yeah"

"Are you afraid?"

"Uh, more like nervous...and i'm start imagining things"

"What do you imagine, Tippany?"

"Just....us...being...in the same room.."

Taeyeon chuckles softly so Tiffany looked at her intensely. It's the first time she saw Taeyeon laugh and it's adorable. Tiffany smiled and opened up her window.

"The weather is nice"

"Yeah, it is. It's been long since i haven't notice how clear the sky at this kind of weather"

"That's because i don't like being outside that much"

"That's no good Tae, you should go outside more"

"But the street can be scary sometimes. I've been homeless for few years and struggled to stay alive."

"I see, my case just different, I hate being at home that much because it reminds me of the past. I don't feel safe to stay at any room...so i usually sleep on the couch"

"Tippany.."

"Yes Tae?"

"You have been great"

Tiffany stared at Taeyeon, it was the first time someone praised her besides Jessica and she felt touched. She felt her eyes get watery, she smiled slightly at Taeyeon who was driving.

"I...It's the first time you praise me"

"I...I'm trying...to make you feel better"

"That's sweet, Tae-Tae"

Taeyeon blushed when she heard Tiffany talked with aegyo. She bit her lips trying not to smile or lose focus on her driving. She felt great and happy, she's just having a hard time to express it since Taeyeon never showed many expression besides angry, upset, mad, or shy. Taeyeon glanced at Tiffany from her rearmirror, she's glad Tiffany agree to stay and move in with her but honestly she's afraid since Taeyeon never had any experience to take care of someone other than herself.

Came to you with a broken faith
Gave me more than a hand to hold
Caught before I hit the ground
Tell me I'm safe, you've got me now

Tiffany walked to Taeyeon's place, she kept on smiling while carrying her stuffs. She felt happy and so she hummed a song when Taeyeon unlocked the door and got inside before her.

"Your place will be....uh...there"

Taeyeon pointed out to Sunny's room, Tiffany pouted but Taeyeon dragged her by holding on her shirt cautiously.

"I've been clean everything up, no more Sunny's trace. It's now your...sweet room?"

Tiffany opened up the door and amazed by the pink wallpaper on the room she would sleep in. Her room, her own room.

"This is nice Tae"

"Uh...you like it?"

"Yesssss"

"I...I'm glad"

"Where did you know i love pink?"

"I asked Jessica"

Tiffany got inside the room and jumped up on the bed. She's laughing and falling down on the bed made Taeyeon chuckled watching her.

"I don't know you can be silly, Tippany?"

"Sorry, did i ruin your expectation?"

Tiffany let her tongue out playfully and rolled herself around the bed. Taeyeon smiled as she leaned herself against the wall.

"No, i think it's adorable"

"Really, Tae?"

Tiffany playfully rolled her eyes to the side, Taeyeon walked closer and patted her hair. She smiled faintly as she sat next to a lying Tiffany.

"Thank you"

"What for Tae?"

"For intruding my life and keep staying inside my chest"

"Umm, Tae that's so cheesy. I feel my fingers are cringy now"

"Aigo, i'm being honest here. I'm just glad, you make me feel warm inside"

"Are you really okay, Tae?"

Tiffany sat down and stared at her eyes, she saw Taeyeon a bit startled and shifted away. She could see Taeyeon's face slowly redden. Tiffany held Taeyeon's hand and kissed the back of her hand slow.

"I'm as happy as you are Tae, i fell for your book at first because i was really in pain but every page of your book seem giving me strength to continue my life...until now"

"I did? How?"

"I...killed...someone..."

"You're...what?"

"I'm a scary person...i know..."

Tiffany looked down and pulled her hand away from Taeyeon. She didn't dare to see Taeyeon, she felt Taeyeon might hate her now so she sat more to the corner, but Taeyeon's hand stop her moving away. Tiffany looked up and saw that eyes again, it's Taeyeon's eyes not Taeng nor T. It's just Taeyeon, although her hand trembled holding onto Tiffany's clothes so Tiffany hug her trying to let out all the misery inside her chest. Tiffany sobbed quietly and Taeyeon rub her back gently.

"It was...he tried...to take me into my room...i..stab him...with knife.."

"Who?"

"My mom's customer...he usually came into our bar..and stared at me creepily..i..."

"Did your mom know it?"

"...yeah,..she took the knife and tried to choke me...and...i hear a sound of gun...she fell..."

"Tippany?"

"No, i'm Miyoungie"

"Uh..why are you here again?"

"That unni, she say she's tired"

Taeyeon looked at the girl who acted childish in front of her, fortunately this time she's calm but to Taeyeon she's strangely calm.

"I hate my mom, but i also love her."

"Why you said that?"

"She whispered at me before she really dead"

"What is it?"

"she said i should stay alive...and she loved me..."

"Your mom said that?"

Miyoung nod and stared at her, so Taeyeon only blinked nervously.

"Call Tippany for me"

"She can't..right now.."

"I can't kiss a kid"

"I'm not a kid"

"Yeah.."

Taeyeon rolled her eyes and snorted at her. She put her hand on Miyoung forehead and went up to her hair. She kissed her forehead gently and whispered.

"I won't hate you for your past..i just want to love you now and later on the future"

Would you take the wheel
If I lose control?
If I'm lying here
Will you take me home?

Taeyeon let Miyoung slept on her arms, she felt her heartbeat slowly calm down when she heard a soft snore from the girl in front of her. She rub her back soothingly and kissed her forehead once again.

"You are my home, Hwang Tippany"

Could you take care of a broken soul?
Will you hold me now?
Oh, will you take me home?
Oh, will you take me home?
Oh, will you take me home?
Oh, will you take me home?
Oh, will you take me home?

Taeyeon woke up, she felt her arm went numb. She glanced at the clock on the wall and stood up hurriedly. Tiffany woke up because of her sudden movement.

"Ya, Tae!"

"Ah, i..."

"What are you doing?"

"I...need to work...yeah...working"

"Working?"

Tiffany sat up and saw her phone to checked on the day, she sighed.

"You dummy, it's Sunday"

"Eh? Really?"

Taeyeon stared at Tiffany and gulped down slow, that loosen shirt Tiffany wore isn't helping her to calm down.

"Oh, i think i better wash my face..."

"Why are you like this again Tae?"

"What?"

"You're avoiding me"

"I didn't"

"Yes you did, right now...come here"

Taeyeon hesitatedly came closer and sat next to Tiffany, she was frozen the moment Tiffany sat on her lap and put her arms around her neck.

"W..what is this...Pany?"

"Take me with you, you said you're gonna go wash up. So i'm going with you"

"W...why don't we just do it separately?"

"No, i don't like that idea. So, no!"

"But, Pany.."

"No whining Tae, now let's go"

Hold the gun to my head, count 1, 2, 3
If it helps me walk away then it's what I need
Every minute gets easier
The more you talk to me
You rationalize my darkest thoughts
Yeah, you set them free

Taeyeon walked while carrying Tiffany to the bathroom, she tried not to see her face because Taeng might just come out and take her conscious away but Tiffany just became more clingy on her, she even rested her head on Taeyeon's chest.

"Are you having a concert inside here? Why is it so loud?"

"S..shut up Pany"

Tiffany giggled and snuggled on her more. Taeyeon felt her body betrayed her even if she tried hard to convince herself to remain calm.

Came to you with a broken faith
Gave me more than a hand to hold
Caught before I hit the ground
Tell me I'm safe, you've got me now

They were at the bathroom, brushed each other teeth. Tiffany gave her that idea and Taeyeon agreed. So while glanced at the mirror they grinned wide so they could brush their partner teeth. Once they finished brushing her teeth they glanced at the mirror again inspecting each other job.

"Well done, Pany"

"You too Tae-Tae"

Tiffany showed her eyes smile and gave her thumb up, Taeyeon leaned in and pecked her thumb. Tiffany covered and looked away shyly, Taeyeon grinned slightly.

"Let's have breakfast"

"Okay, Tae"

Tiffany linked her arm as they both went outside the bathroom. Tiffany sat and watched Taeyeon made toast and orange juice for them both.

"You look good, Tae. Such a girlfriend material"

"Eyy, can you stop. I can't focus if you keep teasing me"

"But you are adorable, don't you know that"

"Aigo, Pany ah you will make me get goosebump"

Tiffany walked closer and hug her from the back, Taeyeon startled.

"I'm sorry, i can't help myself but to be clingy on you"

"Uh, well, if it's you...i think i will be fine"

You say space will make it better
And time will make it heal
I won't be lost forever
And soon I wouldn't feel
Like I'm haunted, oh, falling

Taeyeon served the toast and orange juice and they both ate silently while glancing secretly at each other when suddenly a voice interrupted their alone time.

"Damn, my pure eyes. You guys are too cute i feel like i'm gonna have diabetes"

Sunny voice startled both of them so they were looking around. They found a cctv on top of the fridge and a small speaker. Taeyeon glared at the camera and Tiffany giggled softly.

"I guess we need to be more careful from now on Tae"

"Yeah...what a life ruiner"

Would you take the wheel
If I lose control?
If I'm lying here
Will you take me home?

****

Hello, chaengpenguin here. I was using the song Karashi unni love to listen lately since i think it's a good song for this story. I hope you all like it and see you on the next last chapter. \0/