Two Steps Back

Are You Happy?

Taeyeon was picking up Jessica for their first date, a week after they agreed to do contract date. Tiffany was the only one who didn’t know what happen. Taeyeon knocked on Jessica’s door when Tiffany opened it up for her.

“What are you doing here?”

“Ah, uh, well, I’m…here to meet Jessica”

“Hmm, okay. Please come in, she is bathing right now”

“Ah, yeah”

“Please sit down while I’m checking on her. I’ll tell her that you come”

“Ah, yeah”

Taeyeon sat on the couch nervously, she mentally scolded herself for coming to Jessica apartment rather than waited for her on the basement. She didn’t even dare to look up and see around her. She kept looking at the floor as she felt really uneasy with a new atmosphere here.

Tiffany glanced at her before she went to see Jessica whom was busy brushing her wet hair. Tiffany sat on the edge of the bed and asked Jessica curiously.

“Why is she here?”

“Who?”

“Kim Taeyeon”

“Ah, I tell her to wait”

“Wait for what?”

“Our date”

“D…DATE?!”

“Why, Tiff?”

“A…Aniyo, it’s just…Why…I mean when did you start meeting each other?”

“Last week, she’s cute right?”

“But, didn’t you say something bad about her?”

“Arasso, arasso, I did wrong okay? I judge her wrongly, now we both are dating so you should be happy instead because your friend is not a single anymore.”

“I…I’m happy for you, of course”

            Tiffany said it while forcing a smile, she was bitten her thumb as she unconsciously showing her uncomfortable state. Jessica glanced at her and smiled lightly, ‘Sorry, babe. I need to do this for you’. Tiffany stood up and walked to the door, she looked at her back as if she wanted to say something but she didn’t and she just closed the door after telling her that Taeyeon was waiting for her.

Jessica came after half an hour, she approached Taeyeon and tapped her shoulder lightly. Taeyeon startled as she looked up and found out that it was Jessica. She actually annoyed but the moment she saw Jessica that looked so different made her forget what she wanted to say.

“Yah!! You…”

“What?”

“Uh, what did I want to say earlier?”

“I don’t know *giggles*”

“Uh, forget it. We will be late, let’s hurry up”

“Okay. Tiffany baby, I’ll go home a bit late. Take care okay?”

            Jessica said to Tiffany and ruffled her hair lightly, she then followed behind Taeyeon whom already walked out from Jessica’s apartment. Tiffany clenched her fists lightly as she looked at Jessica slowly walked out from their place.

“I…I…hope you two…to be happy…”

 ***

Taeyeon was on her car with Jessica when she glanced at the building in front of her. They actually were still awkward with each other, Jessica cleared before she talked. It succeed in making Taeyeon looked at her in confusion.

“What?”

“When will we go to our date?”

“Ah, uh, yes, right now”

“Why? *chuckles* do you still uncomfortable with me?”

            Jessica laughed when Taeyeon nodded slowly, she tried to pat her head but Taeyeon backed away and defended herself. Jessica frowned and took her hand away, Taeyeon drove her car to their date place.

            They both were at the cinema, Jessica blinked several times after she saw the ticket that Taeyeon gave to her. Taeyeon smiled widely while she kept looking at her ticket, Jessica looked at Taeyeon from head to toe. She scanned everything, as she started proceed in making anything make sense.

“Why we need to watch Frozen? Isn’t it a cartoon?”

“Why? You don’t like it? Go watch another one alone, then”

“Eyy, I thought you know that go on a date means to do something romantically”

“Why? You’re not even my real lover”

“Oh, shut up”

“Aish, what do you want actually?”

“Let’s watch romance movie”

“NO, it gross”

“Yah, you need to at least think about your partner date”

“Can we just watch this instead? I want to watch it”

“Hmm, only if you put word ‘please’ in your sentence then I’ll think about it”

“Psh, as if…”

“Okay, let’s watch horror or something, how is it?”

“Y…Yah, are you trying to kill me?”

“Why?”

“I hate those kind of movie… it’s scary…”

“So?”

“I…fine, can we…just watch…urgh…Frozen instead, p..please?”

“Okay, let’s go. Actually I dislike horror movie too”

            Jessica chuckled and linked her arm with Taeyeon as she dragged her to go inside. Taeyeon looked at her blankly since she felt like being fooled by her. She even forgot her dislike of skinship until Jessica pulled her down to sit on their seat. Taeyeon sat there without even complaining.

“I don’t know you can be this calm and quiet *giggles* are you okay?”

“Huh? What?”

“Nevermind, the movie will start soon”

“Oh, ok”

“It’s nice to see you extremely calm like this, it’s better than the yelling and easily annoyed Kim Taeyeon that I’ve seen”

“Huh? What do you mean by that?”

“Hm…I think it’s a compliment”

“Do you think I’m dumb?”

“I’m telling you it’s compliment, in a ‘nicer’ way”

            Jessica chuckled and let out her tongue to Taeyeon, actually Taeyeon wanted to argue more if only the movie didn’t start. She became quieter than ever, Jessica even amazed at her behavior.

“Geez, do you like cartoon that much?”

“Shh, I’m watching. Don’t disturb me”

“Arasso”          

***

Okay, see you on the next chapter. Happy reading ^^