Chapter 43: He smiled!!

Can You Hear Me?

                “Wait! Are you telling me that we are going to ride that?” Eun Mi widened her eyes. The others just nodded.

                “ Yup. We have followed you to play other things before, the shooting game, the doll game, the childish horse ride...So now, it’s our turn to play what we want to play!” Chen smirked to his sister.

                “But, you can play other things, except for that!!!” Eun Mi argued. She would never, in her entire life, to ride that thing.

                “Eun Mi, we had been craving for the roller coaster ride since a long time ago. Now that we have the chance, how can we let it slip?” Chanyeol came and put his hand around her shoulder with a broad grin on his face.

                “Please~~ I really really want to ride that!!” Sehun came begging at her with his crescent eyes.

                “B-but...” Eun Mi hesitated.

                “Come on, Eun Mi. Nobody died for riding that thing!” D.O said to her.

                “B-but...the train is so fast that it might get  out of its....” Eun Mi still refused.

                “That thing won’t happen, young lady...” Kris cut her words.

                “See!? Even Kris hyung said it’s okay!!” Sehun added.

                “B-but...” Eun Mi became paler by the thought of riding that scary thing.

                “Well then, if you are that afraid, you can just stay here and wait for us. Okay?” Suho asked her.

                “Seriously!?” Eun Mi brightened up to hear that statement. “But, what should I do alone, while waiting for you guys?” she pouted.

                “Wait here, or ride with us?” Chen asked her final answer.

                “Stay here!! I’ll just wait for you guys here!!!” Eun Mi quickly replied. The boys turned to each other and smirked meaningfully.

                                                                    ******************

                Eun Mi sat alone on the bench while the others went to ride the roller-coaster. Then someone came and sat beside her. Eun Mi turned around and jumped a bit when she saw Luhan was sitting beside her.

                “Luhan oppa! You shocked me!!” she said while trying to cover the blush on her cheek. She did not know why, but whenever that guy was around her, her heart skipped a beat.

                “Sorry. Where are the others?” he asked monotonously without making eye contact with her. Luhan still treated Eun Mi in a cold manner. The truth was he felt awkward to talk to her. He did not know how to talk to her in the way that he actually supposed to.

                “Err... they went to ride the roller coaster. They are still lining up for the ticket, so you still got time to join them...” Eun Mi replied.

                Luhan’s expressions changed when he hear the word ‘roller coaster’. ‘Roller coaster!? Oh God... Those guys are soooo dead!!!” Luhan bit his lip.

                “What’s wrong, oppa? Aren’t you going to join them?” Eun Mi’s question snapped him back to the real world.

                Luhan cleared his throat. “No..nothing. I’m not in the mood for joining them...” he lied. Luhan was actually in the same boat like Eun Mi. He was an acrophobia since he was small, and the other guys already knew about it. So, roller coaster ride was totally a nightmare for him.

                “So, should we just stay here and wait for them?” Eun Mi turned to him. Luhan gave no response to her. Eun Mi silently sighed and turned to the front again.

                “Wanna go somewhere else?” Luhan suddenly asked. Did not believe with what she heard, Eun Mi turned to Luhan. “What?”

                “I-I said, wanna go somewhere else?” Luhan cleared his throat, trying to hide his nervousness.

                “Sure!!” Eun Mi answered excitedly.

                                                                                ********************

                Both of them walked around the park, wondering what they could do while waiting for the others. Eun Mi suddenly called Luhan.

                “Oppa! Wanna play that?” Eun Mi asked him while pointing at fishing booth. There is a small pool in front of the booth and they needed to catch the fish using a small, easily torn net made by paper. Eun Mi dragged Luhan to go there. Luhan looked at his hand which was held by Eun Mi, and unknowingly, he smiled.

                “Here you go!” Eun Mi gave the net to him. Luhan raised his eyebrows, confused.

                “Take this net and catch the fish!” Eun Mi ordered him. Luhan widened his eyes. “But.. I thought you are the one who want to play this?”

                “No. But I want you to play it. Hurry up!!” Eun Mi put the net into his hand and dragged him to the pool. Luhan hesitated at first, but lastly he just followed the flow. He sat beside the pool and dipped the net to catch the fish. But everytime he almost did it, his net would be torn. Having a high competitive spirit, Luhan kept asking for more net.

                Eun Mi just laughed to see this side of Luhan. He was cool and cute at the same time. Luhan scratched his head every time his net got torn. “Come on, oppa.. just give up..” Eun Mi said to him.

                “No... wait.. one more time, okay? Last one!” he begged her, with a smile on his face. Eun Mi was surprised to see that smile. That was the first time she saw Luhan’s sincere smile. Automatically, she smiled too. “Okay, last one. If you still lose, you need to treat me after this!” she answered. Luhan gave her a thumb up.

                “YES!!! I did it!! Haha.. I finally did it!!!” Luhan jumped happily like a small kid. When he turned around and he saw some other people there were laughing at his childish act, including Eun Mi, he quickly cleared his throat, trying to cover his red cheeks.

                “Congratulations!! So, you can choose any present that you want!” The owner showed him the collection of prizes that he could choose. Luhan turned to Eun Mi. “Choose one,” he said.

                Eun Mi turned to him. “Seriously?” she asked with a bright face. Luhan looked away and nodded slowly. He can’t bear to look at her cute face. Eun Mi chose a white teddy bear and she hugged it right after she got it. “Thank you, oppa!!!”

                The owner looked at them and smiled. “You guys are really a cute couple1” he complimented. Both of them blushed and smiled sheepishly to him before they went away.

                                                                    ****************************

                “Yah, you see what I see?” Baekhyun nudged Chanyeol. Chanyeol laughed. “Of course... I saw it, very clearly...”

                “Luhan hyung is smiling!!” Kai said with his eyes widened. Sehun nodded, agreed with him. “Seriously... I thought I was dreaming...”

                “That was the first time I saw him smiling like that after the incident...”Suho chuckled. “Looks like our plan worked well, right guys!?” he turned to the others. They just nodded with a broad grin on their face.

                The guys were spying on them after they finished with their roller coaster ride. They had planned it beforehand, to let Eun Mi and Luhan to sit and talk to each other for a bit, but they did not expect the result to be that satisfying. Luhan was smiling...finally, the cold Luhan was now smiling.

                “Let’s just watch them for the time being. This feels good, like we are watching a drama...” Baekhyun said. They all chuckled.

                “Shh...they left the booth now..”Suho said with a low voice when he saw Luhan and Eun Mi left the booth.

                                                                    ************************

                “So where are we going now?” Luhan asked Eun Mi. She just shrugged.

                “I don’t know...” she replied.

                “Let’s get something to eat... your treat,” Luhan smirked at her.

                “What? Why?” she turned to that guy and furrowed her eyebrows.

                “You said, if I lost just now, I need to treat you. Now that I won it, you  need to treat me!” Luhan smiled at her.

                “What? B-but I didn’t...” She was about to protest when Luhan suddenly ran away. “The last person will pay for everything!!” he shouted.

                “H-hey....Yah!! Oppa!!” Eun Mi ran after him.

 

                “Ah~~ that was good...” Luhan said while sipping his favourite bubble tea. Eun Mi rolled her eyes to him. “Of course it is good, after you had emptied my purse by buying all those snacks...” she nagged.

                “Hey, it’s not mine alone! You also bought some!” He protested.

                “Whatever~~” Eun Mi stuck her tongue out at him. Luhan chuckled. He raised his hand and was about to ruffle Eun Mi’s hair when he stopped halfway.

                Eun Mi turned to him and raised her eyebrows. “What’s wrong oppa?” she asked.

                Luhan put down his hand and shook his head. “Nothing...” he smiled. He just realized something. He no longer felt awkward with her, and he was smiling and laughing with her. He was... happy.

                “Oppa!! Look!! They are eating their lunch at the cafe!!” Eun Mi shouted when she saw the other guys were eating at a nearby cafe.  “How dare they did not call us when they are done! Didn’t they know that we are tired of waiting for them!!” she nagged while stomping her feet towards the cafe. Luhan just laughed looking at her cute behaviour. He quickly quickened his steps to follow that girl.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Long update for today....glad that they are happy now...^_^

just watched XOXO EXO just now...hehe

hope you like it...don't forget to subscribe and comment^_^