Chapter 41: Which one would you like to give a taste?

Can You Hear Me?

                 “Eun Mi and Chen can return home by this evening...” the doctor smiled. They all jumped happily to hear the good news. “Ehem...excuse me, but this is the hospital...” the doctor added.

                “Sorry doctor...” they were all flustered.

                “And, Mr. Hyun Joong. Can I see you for a moment?” the doctor turned to Uncle Hyun Joong. After both of them went out, they all ran to Eun Mi and Chen. “Finally, you guys are going home!!!” Chanyeol shouted.

                “Yah, why you are so excited? Just go and help to pack our thing!” Chen ordered him.

                “Yah, why should I do that!?” Chanyeol replied.

                “Yah, we are sick people!” Chen raised his voice a bit, jokingly.

                “Yah, you....” Chanyeol was about to reply again when Eun Mi called him. “Oppa, please~~~” Eun Mi clasped her hands and looked at him with puppy eyes.

                “Okay, fine. I’ll do it. But for Eun Mi’s stuffs only~” Chanyeol stuck his tongue to Chen

                “Yah!! I can do that aegyo too!!! Oppa, pleaaassseee~~~ Chanyeol oppa~~~” Chen did the same thing like Eun Mi just now, but what he got was a smack on his head.

                “Stop that. You’re making me puke.” Kris rolled his eyes.

                “Yah!! I’m a sick person, but nobody cares about me...” Chen pouted. They all laughed at him.

                Eun Mi looked around, searching for someone. “Eun Mi, what are you looking for?” Seohyun asked her.

                “Err..nothing...” she just smiled.

                “Why? Looking for someone?” Sehun smiled meaningfully towards him. “Who? Luhan hyung?”

                All heads turned to Eun Mi. She blushed. “No, I’m not...” she quickly shook her head.

                “Oho, someone’s blushing here...” Baekhyun , which turned her face redder.

                “Luhan didn’t come today. He got other stuffs to do...” Lay winked teasingly to her.

                “No, wait... I didn’t look for him...” Eun Mi tried to deny again.

                “Oh, come on Eun Mi, you’re bad at lying. Why suddenly you are interested with him?” Chanyeol asked her. Everybody gathered around her, curious to know the answer.

                “I..uhh...I... oh, hey, Papa is coming! Let’s pack up and go home, shall we?” Eun Mi quickly changed the topic. They all sighed disappointingly.

                                                                                        ******************************

                Eun Mi entered her room slowly. Although that was the first time she entered the room after returned from the hospital, she could feel something nostalgic about the place. And she felt comfortable and safe there. She walked to her closet and opened it. She stared at every clothes in there. ‘Well, I do have a good taste...’ she smiled to herself.

                Then her eyes stopped at a black dress. She took it out. Her instincts told her that the dress was special. It was beautiful, but the chiffon layer was torn. She sighed. It was a pity that the beautiful dress was ripped.

                She walked to her table, and she saw a necklace on top of it. The locket was heart-shaped, almost like a heart-shaped origami. She then remembered the origami that Luhan dropped before. She ran to her bag and search thorough it. Finally she found the origami. She took it and put it together with the locket, side by side.

                                ‘They are... similar...”she thought to herself. 'Why did my instincts tell me that Luhan really treasure this origami? And why this necklace is similar with the origami? Coincidence?" Then she suddenly snapped back to reality when she heard a knock on the door

                “Eun Mi, let’s go downstairs. Dinner’s prepared...” Chen opened the door. Eun Mi quickly kept both necklace and origami inside a jewellery box before she went to her brother.                                                                                                 

                                                                                        ************************

                “Why everybody is staring at me?” Eun Mi turned to Seohyun. They were on their way to the cafe. Seohyun shrugged her shoulder.

                “I’m not sure either... Maybe they are surprised to see you speaking?”

                “Well, I know the fact that I used to be mute before, but do they have to stare at me like I’m some kind of freak?” Eun Mi furrowed her eyebrows. Seohyun just chuckled.

                “Oh, look who we have here ~~” someone suddenly stood in front of them, blocking their way.

                “Go away, Hyorin!” Seohyun went and stood in front of Eun Mi.

                “Oh, and her bodyguard too... Say, I thought she already could talk, can’t she protect herself by her own?” Hyorin asked sarcastically. The other girls behind her just smirked.

                “Shu...”

                “Stop it Seohyun,” Eun Mi grabbed her hand and stood beside her. “Yes, Hyorin. I can talk now and I can already stand on my own. Any problem with that?”

                “Oh no, no problem at all... It’s great to hear your voice, finally... How do you feel to finally be able to make a use of your little mouth?” she laughed sarcastically with her friends.

                “Yeah, that is nice,” Eun Mi smirked before she went closer to her. “You know what, after what happened, now I believe that miracles do happen... like how a mute girl could finally talk...” she brushed the invinsible dust off Hyorin’s shoulder lightly before turned to stare at her straight into the eyes, “and talkative girl to be mute...” Eun Mi smirk.

                “Wh...what do you mean?” Hyorin stuttered. The look on Eun Mi’s eyes...it was something she had never seen in that girl before. That stare sent shivers down to her spine.

                “To recover from muteness, is very hard, Hyorin... But to be mute, is very easy... Just a slight injury to your Broca’s area, or maybe a severe trauma...then you’ll say goodbye to your voice, forever...”Eun Mi smiled to her. She took a pen from her blazer and showed it to Hyorin. “Which one would you like to give a taste? To get face a brutal trauma that you will never forget for the rest of your life, or to get pierced by this pen, straight into your Broca’s area?” she added. her eyes were still staring sharply into Hyorin’s eyes, made the girl shuddered.

                Hyorin backed off. “Wh-what rubbish are you talking about, you crazy girl...”

                “Oh, I’m not talking rubbish. That’s what we call fact,  if you ever known one...” Eun Mi replied with a smirk on her face. “Back off before I make your nightmare comes true!!!” she added sternly.

                Hyorin chuckled nervously before she turned away. “C-come on girls. Let this crazy girl alone...”

                Finally they left Eun Mi alone, together with the shocked Seohyun. Eun Mi turned around to Seohyun who was staring at her with opened. “What!?” she asked.

                “D-did you... Yah! You just make the super-jerk-Hyorin stuttered!!! Daebak!!!” she jumped and put her hand around Eun Mi’s shoulder.

                “Yah, shut up! People are looking at us!!” Eun Mi covered Seohyun’s mouth with her hand.

                “But, hey... don’t you think it was too much to threaten her like that? You didn’t really mean you will stab her Broca’s area, right?” Seohyun furrowed her eyebrows.

                “Yah,” Eun Mi smacked her head. “How do you think this pen can get through her skull? What am I? Hercules? Besides, I don’t think she even knew where is the Broca’s area...” she chuckled.

                “Haha... yah, you’ve done a good job~~” Seohyun ruffled her hair.

                “Hey, stop it! Come on, let’s go...I’m hungry~~” Eun Mi linked her arm with Seohyun and walked together to the cafe. Hungry stomach must come first!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Updating for Baekhyunnie's birthday...hehe^-^

hope you like it!!!

please comment and subscribe~~Love you<3<3<3