Chapter 1: New Life

Can You Hear Me?

Eun Mi was standing in front of the mirrors and fixing her school uniform so that it would look nice. She combed her long, black hair and tied it neatly with a strap of ribbon. She smiled after feeling satisfied with her appearance.

“Well, well… Stop smiling to yourself, Eun Mi. Mama is calling for us downstairs,” Eun Mi turned around and she found her brother was standing at the door, smiling at her.

Eun Mi turned around 360’ degree, asking her brother opinion about her appearance. Chen smiled and came to her. He patted her head and messes her hair. “Now you look better!” He stuck his tongue out.

Eun Mi widened her eyes and chased her brother. Both of them ran downstairs, until into the kitchen. Uncle Hyun Joong and Suho were having their breakfast while Auntie So Eun was washing the dishes.

“Mama!!! Look, someone had turned into a monster this morning!!!” Chen ran and hid behind Auntie So Eun. Eun Mi stood in front of Auntie So Eun, rolling her eyes and pouting .

“Chen, how many times I told you, stop teasing your sister!” Auntie So Eun shook her head, smiling.

“Well, I think if this continues again, the house will collapse one day. A monster running in the house every day…” Uncle Hyun Joong added while folding his newspaper. Suho chuckled. Eun Mi pouted even more and stomped her feet out from the kitchen.

“Yeobo, look what you did to her!” Auntie So Eun went out to persuade Eun Mi, but Chen stopped her. Uncle Hyun Joong just laughed.

“It’s okay, mama. I’ll get her,” Chen smiled and grabbed the last piece of sandwich from Suho’s plate.

“Hey, Chen, that’s mine!” Suho turned to him. “I’ll borrow it first,” Chen winked to him.

“But you already have yours…” Suho went and take a sandwich from Chen’s plate. Auntie So Eun and Uncle Hyun Joong just smiled to see their children’s actions. Even though Chen and Eun Mi were just their nephew and niece, but they had already regarded them as their own children.

                                                **************************

Eun Mi was sitting in the living room and crossed her arms. She was still angry because both her brother and her uncle always bullied her.

“Say ‘ahh~’,” she heard someone whispered to her from her back. She shook her head.

“Come on little princess, say ‘ahh~’,” he insisted.

Eun Mi smiled and finally opened . A sandwich landed into . Chen came in front of her and sat beside her. “Oh, look how big this monster’s mouth is…” he said.

Eun Mi hit his arm hard, while chewing the sandwich. Chen cried in pain. Eun Mi stuck his tongue out and ran to the kitchen. ‘Serve oppa right!’ she said in her head.

 

*Sweet family~~~<3<3>.<