Chapter 21: Bloody roses

Can You Hear Me?

The Music Festival would be held starting tomorrow, and people were busy preparing for everything. And so did Eun Mi and her friends. They had practiced everyday to make sure everything went well, so that day, they decided to just take a rest. Chen and his friends would be going out somewhere, while Eun Mi, Seohyun, Sehun and Kai decided to just stroll around the city. ‘Dongsaeng time’, they named it.

After classes ended, they went to their own locker to fetch their stuffs. Eun Mi went to her locker and opened it. That day, she saw no chocolate, but a bouquet of roses, wrapped in a white paper. It was not really beautiful decorated, just simply wrapped in it. Eun Mi took the roses out to take a good look at it but Sehun suddenly came behind her back. “Eun Mi ah!” he poked her waist.

Eun Mi was startled and accidentally dropped the bouquet. The wrapper was undone and the roses were scattered on the floor. Eun Mi turned around and slapped Sehun’s arm, blaming him for startling her. She then picked the flowers altogether to wrap it back, but suddenly, Eun Mi winced in pain.

Sehun went beside her. “Eun Mi, what’s wrong?” he looked at her worriedly. Eun Mi who was clenching her hand in pain slowly opened it. Her palm was bleeding. Sehun’s eyes were widened in shock. At that time Seohyun and Kai went to them when they saw Sehun and Eun Mi was sitting on the floor.

“Yah, what’s wrong?” Kai asked.                                                                      

“Eun Mi, what happened?” Seohyun went to sit beside her and she was startled to see the blood. “YAH, WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR HAND??” Seohyun took out some tissue and wiped the blood. Eun Mi flinched again.

“Yah, Sehun! What happened?” Kai asked again.

“I don’t know. She was picking up the roses then she suddenly winced in pain. And when I looked at her hand, it was already bleeding!” Sehun answered while trying to comfort Eun Mi who had becoming paler.

“Yah, we need to bring her somewhere. She’s getting paler by the sight of the blood!” Seohyun interrupted while holding Eun Mi in her arms. Eun Mi’s body started to tremble and tears was rolling down her cheeks non-stop.

“I’ll call Chen hyung. I guess the nurse in infirmary still did not go back yet!” Sehun took out his phone and dialled Chen’s number.

“Come, let’s bring her to the infirmary!” Kai and Seohyun helped En Mi to stand up and walked to the infirmary, leaving Sehun who was still on phone with Chen. After he hung up, Sehun went to pick up the roses when he saw a card among the flowers. He read the card and again, his eyes widened in shock. He put the card in his pocket and picked the roses up using the wrapper carefully before running to the infirmary.

                                                               ********************

“Eun Mi!!!” Chen ran to Eun Mi when the four of them entered the house. The other EXO was also in the house as their original plan was cancelled when they got the news.

“Dear, are you okay?” Auntie So Eun ran and hugged her. Her eyes went teary. “Come, you looked so pale. Let’s go upstairs and rest first. We’ll talk later...” Auntie So Eun and Seohyun brought Eun Mi upstairs while Kai and Sehun went to join the others.

“Yah Sehun ah, what happened?” Chen asked worriedly.

“I guess her hand was cut up by the thorns of these roses,” Sehun put the bouquet onto the table in front of them.

“WHAT? Who on earth did a bouquet of roses without removing the thorns?” Xiumin asked, confused.

“Yup that’s right. Whether it was an accident, or intentionally done by others,” D.O replied.

“But how did Eun Mi get these flowers at the first place?” Chen asked. Sehun shrugged his shoulder.

“I don’t know. When I went to her, she was already holding the flower. Maybe someone put it inside her locker or something...” Sehun replied.

“But who? I never knew Eun Mi has fans...” Suho played his hands while thinking.

“By the way, there’s something I want you to see, hyung,” Sehun took out the card from his pocket and give it to Chen. Chen’s face turned red when he read the card. Everybody turned to him, eager to know about the card.

“What’s written there, Chen?” Chanyeol asked.

I told you before, my sweetheart,

You’re only allowed to be sweet with me!!!

This is for not listening to me, darling...

Don’t worry, it’s for our own good... you know that I love you~~<3<3<3” Chen read the card aloud. Everybody gasped.

“What the heck is this all about???” Chen’s face turned red, darker red. It was as if he would be blown up any minute. Suho stood up and patted his back, trying to calm him down.

“Relax bro, we need to find out what is happening right now...” Kris finally spoke out. The atmosphere became intense when everybody was trying to grab what was happening that time.

“I think we need to ask Eun Mi about it. Seems like this is not the first time she got something from this mad guy,” Baekhyun said. Everybody nodded in response. Chen was sitting on the couch and ruffled his hair, annoyed and angry with what happened to his sister. Nobody tried to break the silence, as they were all immersed in their own thoughts.