Chapter 40: People Think Crazy When They are In Love

Can You Hear Me?

                Luhan entered his room and flopped onto his bed. He palmed his face and let out a heavy sigh. Tired, confused, guilty, grateful, sad, disappointed, he felt everything at the same time.

                “What’s up dude? Are you okay?” Someone was standing at the door and asked him. Luhan looked up. He gave no answer to that question.

                “What’s wrong with you? ” Xiumin came and sat beside him. Luhan just shook his head. “Nothing, I’m fine..”

                “You know what, we have been friends for so many years. And you had never managed to lie to me, not even once...” Xiumin smirked. Luhan just snorted.

                “Is it about her?” Xiumin asked.

                Luhan replied it with a nod.

                “Why? You don’t look happy that she recovered now. And at the hospital just now, yo...”

                “I’m happy, Xiumin. Of course I’m happy.” Luhan interrupted. “But...”

                “Well, I never know people sigh when they are happy,” Xiumin replied sarcastically.

                “I’m happy. But... I don’t know either... it’s just...”

                “Why? You’re feeling guilty that you couldn’t protect her? You’re sad that she didn’t recognize you?” Xiumin asked again. Luhan sighed again.

                “Luhan... everybody is shocked and sad with what’s happening, but we can’t blame ourselves. We didn’t ask for things to be like this...”

                “I don’t know, Xiumin... I don’t know...” Luhan ruffled his hair. “What’s kind of boyfriend I am when I can’t even protect her when she needed it the most?? I can’t even bear to look at her face... I’m useless...” he run his fingers down his face.

                “Luhan, I think you should take some time and cool down. You’re thinking too much. Anything, just call me. I’ll be outside.” Xiumin stood up and left Luhan alone in his room. For the hundredth time, a sigh escaped for his mouth. A single tear rolled down his cheek, onto his palm.

                                                                ***************************

                “How’s he?” Everybody turned to Xiumin when he walked out of Luhan’s room.

                The boys came to Luhan’s house to check on him. As Luhan lived alone while his parents stayed overseas for the time being, they always spent their free time there, sometimes they even stayed there for 2-3 days. The house had become an EXO dorm, unofficially. Even some of them had the duplicate keys of the house, with Luhan’s permissions, of course.

                Xiumin just shook his head. They all sighed.

                “It has been 3 days already, and he’s still like that...” Chanyeol said.

                “I don’t understand, why did he become like that? Eun Mi is fine. Chen’s fine too...” Sehun asked.

                “You’re still young. You don’t understand anything...” Baekhyun smacked his head.

                “What!? Hey, I’m only two years younger that you!!” Sehun exploded.

                “Sehun, since when do you think  Luhan started to be like that?” Lay asked the youngest.

                “Since Eun Mi said she doesn’t know him. Don’t tell me he’s mad because of that?” Sehun furrowed his eyebrows.

                “No, you pabo! Didn’t you see how she was that day?” It was D.O’s turn to smack the youngest head.

                “Ouch!” Sehun rubbed his head. “I saw it. She was so scared and so... pitiful...” he looked down, sad to remember how she looked like that day.

                “That was the reason why. Luhan felt guilty and now he is blaming himself because he couldn’t do anything when his beloved one became like that. He felt helpless when he saw Eun Mi like that,” Lay replied. Sehun nodded.

                “So, that’s why he didn’t introduce himself as her boyfriend just now?” Sehun asked.

                “Luhan told me,” Xiumin suddenly interrupted. Everybody turned to him. “he was useless... that he couldn’t even bear to look at her in the eyes...”

                “Oh, that stupid Luhan... who told him to think like that...” Chanyeol gritted his teeth.

                “That’s love, bro... people think crazy when they are in love...” Baekhyun replied.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*finally i'm back~~~hehe

hope you like it..^_^

i'm very happy to see your comment~~LOVE YOU GUYS~~~ <3<3<3