Chapter 11: Gathering Time!

Can You Hear Me?

“Finally, a calm day in school…” D.O. sat on the piano seat, relieved.

“Am I dreaming?? Hyung, pinch me…” Sehun said to Luhan. Luhan then pinched his cheek hard. “OUCH!!!” He slapped his hand.

“What!? You asked for it!!” Luhan rubbed his hand, pouting.

“Say, where is Chen?” Kris asked.

“He went to see Eun Mi together with Suho. Maybe they got some family stuffs,” D.O. said.

“Do you think we can find that person?” Kai asked.

“Don’t know. There might be some hope in it…” Baekhyun said.

“Thanks to Eun Mi, we have finally escaped from the girls…even though it’s temporarily only…” Lay said. Everybody nodded.

“Well, a simple ‘thank you’ won’t be enough…” someone was standing at the door. It was Chen together with Eun Mi and Suho.

“Meaning? Well, if you want us to treat you, we’re on. But through Suho hyung!!” Sehun laughed. Suho came and hit his head. “OUCH!!”

“Well, we planned to have some gathering tonight at our house. Mama and Papa had agreed. So, are you guys on?” Suho asked.

“OF COURSE, DUDE!!!” all of them jumped when they heard the ‘gathering’. Meaning there will be Food!!

“BUT, you guys need to come earlier to help my mom to prepare the food. Deal?”

“DEAL!!” they nodded.

                                                               ***********************

“Mama, they are here!!” Suho shouted when the EXO arrived at their house. “Come on in, guys!”

Auntie So Eun came out from the kitchen. “Ah, you are already here…” she smiled.

“Hi, Auntie. Is there anything we can help?” D.O. asked.

“Oh sure, we’ve got plenty of food to be prepared. Eun Mi and Chen are having bad time at the kitchen right now.

Meanwhile, at the kitchen, Eun Mi and Chen were quarrelling over the amount of salt to be used.

“It is written in here; 5 teaspoon of salt!” Chen showed the recipe book.

Eun Mi shook her head. She gestured ‘3 teaspoon only!’

“But here are 5!!” Chen argued.

It’s already salty!!’ she gestured again.

“I don’t care. I’m putting in 5!” Chen went and took the salt jar to the pot. Eun Mi stopped him and snatched the bottle away from him.

“Hey!!” he then chased Eun Mi.

“Hey guys, stop!! What are you doing?” Auntie So Eun put up her hands and glared at them.

“She started it! I want to put in 5 teaspoon of salt but she kept saying it was 3 only. Then she snatched away the jar from me!!” Chen complained to Auntie So Eun like a spoiled child. The other guys went to the kitchen to see what was happening.

D.O. slowly went and tasted the soup. “Err…. 2 teaspoons are already enough, I think,” he said “It only needs to be a little bit salty. Only a bit.” Eun Mi jumped happily because she was correct, almost. She stuck her tongue at Chen and ran to D.O. to give him the salt jar.

“Whatever~” Chen rolled his eyes and pouted.

“Aissyyy…this kid… Chen, why don’t you go and cut the vegetables,” Auntie So Eun said.

“Where’s Uncle Hyun Joong?” Kai asked while sitting down at the dining table.

“He’s at work. He will be home by dinner.” Auntie So Eun smiled. “Where are the others?”

“They were sitting in the living room. But Luhan and Kris are not here yet. They’ll be here in any minute, I guess,”Kai replied.

“OUCH!!” Chen suddenly shouted. Everyone in the kitchen ran to him.

“What wrong, bro?” D.O. asked.

“Are you alright, dear?” Auntie So Eun looked at him in worry.

“Ouch, I cut my finger!” Chen cried. He showed his finger to the others. There was blood dripping from it.

Eun Mi went to take a look at her brother’s cut but when she saw the blood, she was stunned. Out of the blue, there were some mental images flashed in front of her eyes.

Blood was everywhere…

Lying bodies on the floor…

Her head ached, like it was stabbed continuously by a sharp knife. She clutched her head, trying to reduce the pain. Everybody turned to her. She was trembling and her face turned pale.

“Eun Mi ah, are you okay?” Auntie So Eun touched her hand lightly, worried for her sudden changes.

Shocked by the sudden touch, Eun Mi suddenly ran out of the kitchen to the living room, as if she was totally scared of something.

“Eun Mi!!” Auntie So Eun called her name out.

Eun Mi ran to the living room and accidentally she bumped into someone. She almost fell onto the floor, but that person caught her.

“Eun Mi ah, what’s wrong?” Luhan asked while holding her arm. Eun Mi looked up and when she saw Luhan, she spontaneously hugged him. Luhan was startled. He turned to the others, who were watching the scene from the kitchen and the living room, and also to Kris who was standing beside him. Everyone was still confused and shocked with what was happening at the moment.

Eun Mi cried her heart out in Luhan’s embrace. She was so scared with the mental images that she saw just now. It was as if she was there, at that place. Luhan could feel that Eun Mi was trembling, so he tightened his hug, to assure her that everything was safe.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” he whispered after Eun Mi seemed to calm down a bit. Until that moment, finally Eun Mi noticed that she was hugging Luhan. She quickly broke her hug, closed her face and ran upstairs. She did not even dare to look at Luhan’s face. ‘What have you done, Eun mi ah!!!’ she mad at herself.