Chapter 13: First date

Can You Hear Me?

Since the contest was getting nearer and there were no more disturbances from the fans, the boys would always stay at school after classes for practicing. And everyday Eun Mi would wait for them until they finished. Seohyun needed to go home early as she had to take care of her newborn sister at home.

She was sitting in the corner of the practice room, watching for the boys to practice. Kai, Sehun and Lay decided to dance for the contest. Chen, Suho, D.O. and Baekhyun were practicing their own song while Kris and Chanyeol were rapping and beat-boxing.  Xiumin and Tao were absent because they were responsible to handle the contest.

“Hi, aren’t you bored staying here, and watching us every day?” Someone came and sat beside Eun Mi. Her heart skipped a beat when she realized it was Luhan. The incident that night during the gathering came back to her mind. She was blushing. She hurriedly shook her head so that Luhan would not see her red face.

There was an awkward silence between them. She then typed something in her phone trying to break the ice.

‘Oppa, how’s your preparations?’

“Well, basically, everything went well…so far…” Luhan replied.

‘What will you perform that day?’

“Can’t tell you. It’s a surprise...hehe’ he chuckled.

‘What? Just tell me…’ Seeing Luhan smile made her heart at ease. She totally forgot about the awkwardness and even the incident last night.

Luhan stopped for a moment, seemed like he was thinking about something. Then he smiled. “Okay, but with one condition…” he winked.

                                                               ***********************

‘DING-DONG!!’ the bell rang.

“Yeobo, can you please open the door?” Auntie So Eun shouted from the kitchen. Uncle Hyun Joong folded his newspaper and stood up to open the door.

“It’s okay Papa, I’ll get it,” Chen stood up first and ran to the door. He opened it and it was Luhan. He smiled. Uncle Hyun Joong sat back.

“Who is it, Chen?” Uncle Hyun Joong asked.

“It’s Luhan, Papa. Come on in~” Chen invited Luhan into the house. Luhan slowly took off his shoes and entered his house.The English-style decorated house never failed to impress him every time he went there. Working as interior designer proved that Auntie So Eun’s taste was very high.

Luhan hurriedly went to greet Uncle Hyun Joong who had continued reading newspaper on the couch.

“Good morning uncle!” He greeted with manner.

“Ah, good morning Luhan. Have a seat. So, got some work to do with Chen today?” Uncle Hyun Joong asked.

“Not with me, Papa… but with your dearest niece~” Chen who was taking his seat beside Luhan smiled, full of meaning towards his uncle.

“What? So, Eun Mi got a date today? Why didn’t you tell me earlier, Chen? I could bring her to buy new dress or maybe bring her to the salon or something…” Uncle Hyun Joong replied, startled. Auntie So Eun hurriedly rushed out from the kitchen. “I heard Eun Mi was going to have a date!! With Luhan!?” she asked.

“NO…NO… It’s not a date!!” Luhan widened his eyes and waved both his hand, denying. “I….I just asked her to help me for my performances for the Music Festival…” he stuttered.

“Well, in a simple word, it is a date…” Chen teased. Uncle Hyun Joong and Auntie So Eun laughed. Luhan shook his head. He was about to deny again but he suddenly stopped when he saw someone going down the stairs.

Eun Mi wore a double-layered pink knee-length dress with short-sleeves and some ribbons tied on her waist. She combed her long, black hair neatly and clipped it with a pink hair clip. She put on some light make-up, just some powder and pink lip balm. She also brought along her black fur jacket in her hand.

 She was so nervous, thinking that she would be going out with Luhan that day. She could not sleep well last night, and it took her 2 hours since early morning just to choose the dress. She smiled awkwardly towards the others. It was not really her style to do make-up and stuffs, but well, it was her first date after all.

Luhan smiled when he saw Eun Mi walked towards them. Eun Mi smiled towards them all. She was so nervous to see Luhan who looked very handsome that day. He had black T-shirt inside and black jeans jacket on top of it, together with his grey jeans. Simple, but smart. Even though she always thought that Luhan was always handsome.

“Wow, our young girl had really grown up. You looked beautiful, honey…” Auntie So Eun went and kissed Eun Mi’s temple. She blushed.

“Do you have enough pocket money dear?” Uncle Hyun Joong asked. Eun Mi nodded.

“Err…Well, maybe we should get going by now…” Luhan slowly stood up and looked at Eun Mi. Eun Mi nodded.

“Oh sure, but don’t get home too late dear. Luhan, have dinner with us tonight, will you? And please take care of our little Eun Mi…” Auntie So Eun smiled.

“Oh sure, I’ll send her home before dinner,” Luhan replied politely. Eun Mi went and kissed her uncle’s and auntie’s cheek before she went out.

“I’ll send them to the door,” Chen stood up and accompanied them to the door.

When they were at the door, Chen said to Luhan. “Promise me you’ll take a good care of her. Any one scratch and you’ll be dead, man!” He warned Luhan, jokingly.

“Promise dude. I’ll take care of her with my own life. Besides, we are just going out for shopping, not for fighting in the war or something,” Luhan chuckled. Chen snorted.

“Okay, take care…” Chen waved to them as they left the house. Suho who just came downstairs went and stood beside Chen.

“Yo, I was so surprised to hear Luhan asked Eun Mi to help him to find some stuffs, and double the surprise when I knew you allowed them to… I could still remember how you glared at those boys in school just because they tried to tackle your sister…” He put his hand on Chen’s shoulder.

“Shut up! I just want her to be happy… And I knew Luhan can make her happy. Come on in, the brunch is waiting.” The two boys walked back into the house.