chapter 10: The Game

Can You Hear Me?

“Err…well, come to think again, are you sure that this is a good idea?” Xiumin turned to Kris.

Kris sighed. “Well, logically, it IS a good idea but I can’t believe I am doing this…”

“Well, it’s winter now and I am freaking freezing here…” Tao shivered.

“Relax guys, just bear it for a moment…” Suho convinced them.

“Tell me again why we are standing right here?” Baekhyun said, while rubbing his hand to keep him warm.

“Okay, here is the plan; we’re going to use those ‘fanatic’ girls to help us find the culprit…understood? Get ready guys, it’s almost time…” Suho said to all of them. The twelve boys were standing in front of the school building with a megaphone in Suho’s hand.

“5…

4…

3…

2…

1…

0!!!”

“IT’S EXO!!!”

“OPPA!!!!”

“LUHAN OPPA!!!”

“SUHO OPPA!!!”

“CHEN OPPA!!! I WANT TO BE YOUR PARTNER!!”

“KRIS OPPA, LET’S BE THE PRINCE AND PRINCESS OF THE NIGHT!!!”

A group of girls ran towards them.

“Say, I didn’t know you had such a nice timing… What are you? A fortune-teller??” Chen whispered to Suho.

“Shut up Chen…” Suho nudged him. He then brought the megaphone to his mouth and spoke, “OKAY MY LOVELY GIRLS!!! CAN I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE!!??”

“Such a sweet talker~~” Chanyeol whispered to Luhan and he chuckled.

“I heard that, Chanyeol…” he rolled his eyes to Chanyeol before he turned back to the girls. All of them had become quiet and watching him attentively.

“WE’RE VERY TOUCHED TO KNOW THAT ALL OF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE OUR PARTNER FOR THE DREAMLAND BALL… BUT OF COURSE WE CAN’T CHOOSE ALL OF YOU… SO, HERE, WE HAD PREPARED A GAME FOR ALL OF YOU. IT’S CALLED ‘MYSTERY-SOLVING GAME’. AND THE WINNER OF THIS GAME WILL HAVE A BIGGER CHANCE TO BE OUR PARTNER. UNDERSTAND!??” he spoke through his megaphone.

“YESS!!!” The girls answered. ‘Looks like they took the bait,’ Suho smirked.

“HERE IS THE GAME. WE WANT YOU TO FIND OUT WHO WAS THE PERSON THAT HAD PUT ON THIS NOTICE ON THE OFFICE’S NOTICE BOARD. WE WANTED TO THANK HIM OR HER FOR HELPING US TO FIND OUR PARTNER FOR THE BALL. THE TIME LIMIT IS BEFORE THIS SUNDAY, WHICH WILL BE THE BALL NIGHT. CAN YOU DO THAT?” Suho added.

“YESSS!!!” the girls shouted again, just like small kids, excited to get candies from their kindergarten teacher.

“BUT, EVERY GAME WILL HAVE RULES. MAKE SURE YOU TAKE A NOTE OF IT. HERE ARE THE RULES.

FIRST: YOU MUST NEVER GO AND MEET OR EVEN TALK TO EXO UNTIL IT IS ANNOUNCED THAT WE HAD FOUND THAT MYSTERIOUS, KIND-HEARTED PERSON. ANYBODY WHO COME AND MEET EXO BEFORE THEY CAN FOUND THE CUL…I MEAN THE PARTICULAR PERSON, IS IMMEDIATELY DISQUALIFIED.

SECOND: YOU MUST FIND THAT PERSON BEFORE 5 PM ON THURSDAY. AT 5.01 PM, THE GAME HAS ENDED.

THIRD: NO CHEATING. YOU NEED TO FIND THE PERSON AND BRING ALONG A PROOF WHY YOU SAID IT IS HIM OR HER.

FOURTH: IF YOU HAD FOUND THE PERSON, YOU CAN SEE US IN OUR PRACTICE ROOM AT 3-5 PM EVERYDAY. NO DISTURBANCE DURING THE CLASS PERIOD.

THAT’S ALL. THANK YOU. I’M WAITING FOR GOOD NEWS FROM YOU GUYS!!” Suho winked to the girls before slowly went away with the guys. His wink had melted all hearts that was there just now. As expected from the Leader, right?